2007 M35 Subwoofer Installation

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
sunoco
Car: 2007 M35 Sport
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

Can you post some pics of behind the amp panel and what the backside of the speaker enclosure look like?

mycross3
Car: 07 M45 Sport

When I get a chance I'll try to get it for you.
Sunoco check this out, my old SC430. Same sub and amp.

sunoco
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

Sunoco check this out, my old SC430. Same sub and amp.
yeah that looks good man. Isnt that where the spare goes? What if you get a flat? :gotme:

Im looking to clean mine up a bit. I want to do something like forum cemarek or mycross3 did. Very clean, and still have most of trunk. This is cemarek's install:

My dual 12" box is a little much, I can barely fit my golf clubs in the trunk with it. :frown:

SdotSdotS
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport

CGinev wrote:I've been in the car audio business for 15 years now...you'd be surprised how many power wires i've seen arching out causing or nearly causing a fire due to rubbing through the sheathing. It's just advice. Whether you take it or not is definitely up to you. I'm just putting it out there for everyone else.
One of these should do the trick:
http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-Wire-Gaug ... B001JQ9JA6

I've seen them in 8, 4, or 0 gauge.

jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Are the rear speakers you tapped into being powered by two AMP? I'm getting ready to install my sub this weekend and I want to make sure I do it correctly the first time.

sunoco
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

I removed the stock subwoofer and tapped into that

jhuerto23

So you tapped into the subwoofer wires instead of the rear speaker wires to you LOC to the new amp?

sunoco
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

Yes. Check out the write up at the beginning of this post i did. Its pretty detailed. With pics too

jhuerto23

I checked out the first post. Just curious which LOC did you use? I'm using a PAC SOEM-T converter and mine has about 4 wires to hook up to the rear speaker and now that I'm taking your route hooking it up straight to the sub, the sub only has two wires. Which wires from the LOC that I have should I use to attach with the OEM sub wires?

GREY - RIGHT FRONT POSITIVE
GREY/BLACK - RIGHT FRONT NEGATIVE
WHITE - LEFT FRONT POSITIVE
WHITE/BLACK - LEFT FRONT NEGATIVE

sunoco
H-Techs
C-Mod Grille

not sure what brand of LOC i used. It was cheap from autozone. mine has 4 wires too. I just used the lefts i believe. Just tape up the others.

jhuerto23

sunoco wrote:not sure what brand of LOC i used. It was cheap from autozone. mine has 4 wires too. I just used the lefts i believe. Just tape up the others.
My subwoofer wires are not the same color as you described. One is BLACK w/RED stripes and the other is SOLID BROWN. Also, my white cable that hooks to the OEM amp has two solid brown wires, one on the far right end of the plug and one on the far left end of the plug. Which brown wire to use?

jhuerto23

nm, i got it installed.

ejjohnson
Car: 2008 M35 Base

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but I have not found it. I have an 08 M35 base model (six speaker) non-bose. Will this work for my car, I am wanting to keep the stock radio and just add the amp and sub?

tbright
Car: 2007 m35

Thanks for the write-up. I was able to run my power cable from my battery to my trunk this weekend. A few things I did differently:

1. Left the battery in and ran the cable through the grommet right by the hood hinge. Had to pop it out to get the wire through then I resealed it with silicone.

2. Missing some pics so I was under the impression that you had to remove the rear seats to run the cable. The bench is removed with 2 hooks (right where the seat meets the floor carpeting). Pull the tab, lift seat up, remove. The seat back- remove 4 bolts by the seat belt latches, the 3 seat belt guides (2 screws each) and lift up. The seat back is held in by 3 metal hooks by the shoulder and the 4 lower bolts.

3. I couldn't get the trunk lining out. I popped the 12 tabs but the vertical lining seems to be tucked under the pass through plastic trim.

To be continued...

10aCMike
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima SV

Great write-up. I know this is an older post, but what happened to all the pictures? Without them it's almost like not having a write-up at all.

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

just-testing-thread-post-t555705.html#p6317574
And check the audio mod in my sig.

10aCMike
Car: 2009 Nissan Maxima SV

TDot wrote:just-testing-thread-post-t555705.html#p6317574
And check the audio mod in my sig.
Thank you! I took the plunge and ran my power wire BEFORE I saw your response, and boy was it more of a pain than expected. I have everything upfront done and put back together, now I have to make it through the back seat into the trunk. Next time I'm just paying someone to do this.

ShavyP
Car: 2006 M35

sunoco wrote:2007 M35 Subwoofer Installation.

*Disclaimer* - I am not liable for anything you do to your car. This is just a basic walkthrough. If you have never done an audio install, I wouldn't practice on the M.

Task: Subwoofer Installation
Time: A couple hours (took me a little longer, as it was night time and I didnt have the correct info!)
Tools/Supplies Needed: Flathead screwdriver (to remove clips holding trunk liners and engine cover panels)
10mm & 12mm socket (to remove battery and connect power wire)
Line output converter
Amplifier, Subwoofer(s), and Subwoofer enclosure (DUH!)
3M Scotchlok connectors (Wal-mart has them. You can use the blue or reds. I bought a little kit that had both. (Sold where the fuses and stuff are.)
Amp hook-up kit (I got a 6ga Scoshe from wal mart)

Process:

The first thing I did was remove every panel/liner from the trunk. They are held on by black clips. Take the flathead and "pop" out the center of the clip. Then the whole clip will pop off. Looks like this stripped:

Next take out the battery. Start by taking off passenger side engine panels. You need to take off the piece attached to the window too. Everything is held on by the same clips as the trunk liner. Use 10 mm socket to remove battery holder. Disconnect battery wires (10mm) and pull out battery.
Next remove the panels on the bottom of both passenger doors. They just pop off.
Take the glovebox off. This is easy, but I didnt really take any pics. Open it, and pull the left side out right. The peg thing holding it in will come out. Kinda twist it and it will come out. Note the sting attached on the right side (its what makes it come down slow. It just pops off. Pop it off

Now its time to run the battery wire. I ran it from the back to the front. Most people would run it front front to back. I think my kit came with 16' of wire so I had more than enough. I will describe how to run it back to front since thats the way I did it.

I started at the rear passenger seat. Pull it back and shove the wire through this hole:

Next, run the wire up towards the front :

Through the door pillar :

Up to front firewall :

I went through the cabin filter area to get to engine bay. I drilled a hole just big enough for the wire to come through. Then, from the engine bay, I stuck a coat hanger through the hole. I taped the wire to it in the car and pulled it through.

Now its time to tap the sub wires. Its real easy. Unplug the connector from the factory sub, and tap into both lines with the 3m connectors

Now, tap the remote wire from the factory amp. Its on the white harness, and the wire is SOLID BROWN. Its the only brown one in the white connector. :

Now run the ground:

Now your basically done. Hook the speaker wire coming from the factory sub you just tapped to the line output converter. You only need to use one set of wires. Hook the rca's to the amp. Hook the power, ground, and remote to the amp. Hook the battery cable in the engine bay to the fuse block, then to the battery. Test it. I adjusted the gain on the LOC and the amp with the bass turned down on the head unit, that way I can turin it up from the HU. If it works, button everything back up and youre done!!!!! #WINNING!!!

Im sorry if this write up sucks, lol. Its my first. But I think you should be able to do it pretty easily from this. Let me know if you have any questions, Im not going anywhere.

The write up is great! I wish the pictures still worked though. I have a 2006 m35 and bought the isimple tranzit blu, line output converter and amp wiring kit because my brother gave me his amp and sub. My friend who is a "pro" was supposed to help me install it today but had an emergency. Im trying to do this myself. Any advice? There are no videos of this being performed on a car like mine that I can find anywhere.

Timtool
Car: M35 2007

Where might I find the factory amp, what color are the wires, and can you send me photos of the steps listed?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”