2006 Nissa Murano left tire shakes and squeaks when turnng steering wheel

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
2006MuranoAWDSL
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano AWD/SL

Hello Everyone,

I drive a 2006 Nissa Murano AWD/SL, the front left tire is making my shake as if it is flat, but it's not. Also squeaks when I turn the steering wheel left or right. Does anyone know what this could be so I can talk to a mechanic and not get ripped off? I had both sides tire rods replaced a little over a year ago because they were knocking, but I don't feel it was repaired properly.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi and welcome to NICO Club!

I'm not sure what you're saying squeaks when you turn. The wheel outside? The steering column? The linkage? You could turn while moving and listen and you could turn while sitting still to see if it's the steering arms or if it's the wheels. Try that in the parking lot/ driveway real quick and let us know what squeaks.

As far as year old repairs go, if it didn't feel right, the time to act was a year ago. If it's lasted a this long, it seems like it's not dangerous at least.

For the shakes, I suggest you have your tires rotated (at least swap the front two if they're not directional tread, if so, swap all four, front to back). That might be free where you buy your tires from. That will help you determine if a wheel got out of balance or round because it would move the shakes to another corner. Also, while rotating them, get a good visual inspection of your brakes now that the wheel is out of the way. Something severely worn or warped can cause this stuff and is probably visible. The tire rotating will also have you checking and resetting your lug nuts to throw out a loose nut option.

Another check is to jack up that corner and see if you can move the wheel in odd directions with your hands. If so, bad bearing somewhere. I'd say this is least likely.

I don't have your car, so maybe others with actual experience might see this and chime in. Please let us know how it goes and good luck! :bigthumb:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

PS - I've moved this to the Murano section. We also have Factory Service Manuals that you can download by chapter, start doing things yourself or reading up on them to save money, you could find yours here: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/nissan ... nuals.html
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

2006MuranoAWDSL
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano AWD/SL

Thank you so much for replying. The wheel squeaks when I turn the steering wheel left and right.

CMServiceGuy
Car: 07 Murano S

Jack the car up and see if you can shake the tire side to side. Or pull the bottom out. The tire should not move, or move slightly. If it wobbles then odds are you have a bad spindle bearing.

Also check the axle boots. If the boot is broken and you can see the inner workings, you'll need to replace the axle shaft. Once the grease gets out of the CV joints it's all over. A dry bearing (CV or spindle) will give you a shake and/or sloppy driving and will definitely give you noises. Most of the time you will notice a grumble while driving with a spindle bearing. CV joints usually clunk or rattle, especially when you hit bumps on that side.

Return to “Murano Forum”