2003 Sentra Se-R Spec V build help

Discuss topics related to the QR series engine.
jlfisher360
Car: 2003 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V

I just purchased this car last week and I have been doing some research on it like what mods to do, etc. So far I've found out that removing the pre-cat is something I need to do first if I want to save my engine and that the engine internals (valve springs, camshafts) cannot handle being pushed hard and high HP. So here is the list of mods I plan on doing. Please comment if you see a part that is bad quality or not worth the moeny. (The reason for me listing so many Nismo parts is I have a friend that is hooking me up with them.)

Nismo Header w/o Pre-CatNismo Cold Air Intake (maybe JWT POP charger)Nismo Cat-Back ExhuastNismo Valve Springs (Maybe JWT?)Nismo CamshaftsNismo Front Strut Tower BraceNismo Lower Tie BarNismo Rubber Bushing KitNismo Shock/Spring KitNismo Front Sway BarNismo Brake PadsJWT Pressure Plate & DiscJWT FlywheelNismo Short Throw ShifterNismo Grounding KitSTILLEN QR-PRO Engine Management

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

NISMO parts are very expensive for what you get. Check other brands.

What are your plans for this car? What do you intend on doing with it? That should determine what mods you do.

spec_v03
Car: 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

QR Pro is a waste of money if you ask me. I'd just tune with an Apex'i SAFC II or NEO. Maybe use a wideband too if you track it. Also, JWT S1 cams are the same cut as Nismo, and cheaper, and also very good quality. And good luck finding Nismo parts, most for the b15 are discontinued, so youre limited to buying them used.

Return to “QR Series”