2003 Murano ABS, AWD and brake lights on

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
2003nmchina88
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano awd

Me and my wife just bought a 2003 Nissan Murano on Feb 22. It has been running fine and now all of a sudden the ABS light and BRAKE light has come on. It wont go anywhere or rev up when you push the gas down. I also noticed that now the AWD light is also on. We know the O2 sensors need to be changed but was told they wouldn't make these lights come on. This is my first time dealing with something like this. Please help me.Thank you.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

macgiver

mac , take it back , other than that -1) see if the parking brake causes a brake light to illuminate w/key in "ON " position( but not motor running) 2)check brake fluid for COLOR (ice tea or worse "coca cola" could of disrupted ABS) , is fluid LOW? For that will illuinate A lamp (ABS OR Brakelite-see manual) 3) ABS system WILL shutdown (warning Lts-up) when INSUFFICIENT Volts / Energy availlable from electrical system (Battery and/or Alternator,in that order typ. ) A multimeter volt test w/probes connected to battery posts - before & after starting + "Revving" will give an clue.Mix-up the voltage TEST with as many accessories on too to see UNDER LOAD !
Poor electrical "Capacity" will many times create havoc with different - seemingly unrelated "systems" in a "Modern" vehicle.Battery voltage eng.-off (more accurately - disconnected neg. ) ought to be 12.2 volts MINIMUM (this is low ,but if Alt bad , battery possibly good but not getting charged right) ; typ. battery = 12.75 BEST. Car running,gives the Alternator a "quickie" test ,andVolts should be steady at any RPM (within couple "tenths" ) , and around (amb. temp dependant) = 13.8 Volts to as high as 14.7 Volts - again experimenting with accessories , thus LOADING the system gives more "clues" .
Electrical is more my specialty , and there is so many possibillities here , and we all see many INITIAL posts ,respectfully , sort of "lacking" the detail and a kind of "full range of symptoms andobservations " - that's natural with an initial post , you get more "into it" as you go.
For all chance it may be a FUBAR ABS / Traction Ctrl / AWD conglomerative Cluster "F"! :lolling:
Some things here to eliminate. Trying something that costs $$ money now - but one of those "Scan-Tools" -the kind that DOES include ABS system codes and better does "LIVE DATA" (Live ABS data??) .Now Thats the Sh$%aTT ! :yesnod G 3/9/2018

Return to “Murano Forum”