2002 q45 tire air pressure sensor problems

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
hotlicksexhaust

In my 2002 q45 . recently the tire air pressure information on the dash shows "**" beside each tire. The pressure in each tire is perfect though . Does anyone know of a fix or a test to figure out what my issue is? Thanks

Q45man1
Car: 2002 Q45, 1994 Q45

Take a min. 5 minutes drive to get the tire warm a bit. Check again your tire info on dash. If no indicated tire pressure reading then you might have to replace your sensor.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

If the display doesn't register a reading after 30 minutes of driving you may have a bad sensor in the said wheel.

hotlicksexhaust

All 4 wheels show the same thing **

hotlicksexhaust

What do you mean by maintenance? Does anyone have the steps to take to reset them?

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

someone probably has it ....in their Field Service Manual (FSM) which you should downlaod and have for yourself. It's free. And very handy for all kinds of issues.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q45/2002_Q45/

If after you downlaod it and find the page and still have a question, hollar back.

If you have not had any tire work done and this happened out of the clear blue, the the electronic unit (that sits right behind the radio control nob in the dash,) is bad. or one of the sensors is bad.(the sensors are in the valve stem)

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

longlivetitus
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45 Sport
2007 Infiniti FX45

Greeting mcrews,

I'm looking on the Infiniti Parts USA website and cannot locate the 'tire monitoring sensor' located behind the radio controls? Would you know what that particular part is called?

I'm also showing ** on all tire readings, and have been so for the past several months. Thanks for all your imput!

Longlivetitus'02 Q45 Sport60K

M35 Eagles fan
Car: 2010 M35 Sport

How about the situation where the TPMS stops working EVERY morning and every afternoon after about 20 minutes of driving? Mine has been doing this for about 1 year now on my 2002 Q. The dealer hasn't been able to find anything wrong and I don't feel like spending a whole lot of money to figure out the problem.

Anyone have an idea of how to figure out the problem???

mcrews
Car: 2002 Q45 Sport

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q45/2002_Q4 ... "]Greeting mcrews,

I'm looking on the Infiniti Parts USA website and cannot locate the 'tire monitoring sensor' located behind the radio controls? Would you know what that particular part is called?

I'm also showing ** on all tire readings, and have been so for the past several months. Thanks for all your imput!

Longlivetitus'02 Q45 Sport60K[/quote]http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q4...t.pdf

MAN that was apita!!!!

it's listed in the index under LOW!!!!!!!! go figure!(low-tire preesure)

anyway, there is the link to the wheel and tire section. THe electronic unit is pictured top of page WT-8. Tell me that doesnt look like behind the radio nob!!!!! took me six months to find it.

Longlive, had the same problem several yrs ago. I was at a conference in cONCORD. sAW THE iNFINITI (NIELLO) ACROSS THE STREET SO AS i WAS HEADED BACK TO SAC I (sorry cap lock), I pulled in. A 20 yr old shag guy said, I get somebody to look at it....5 minutes late he say all done!!!!!they have some magic wand scanner that re-set the electronic unit.

Needless to say they became my dealer. I drive past 2 dealers to get there 75 miles.

TimX
Car: 2002 Infiniti q45

I'm having the same problem as M35 Eagles fan (Me too) with the tpms system going off after 20 minutes.. Maybe it's just Eagle fans Q45? Anyway, I just got back from the dealer, replaced the front right. On the drive home it failed again. I went back and the right rear showed up on the computer as having a low battery which hadnt happened during the first check. as failing. M35, did you ever find out the problem? The dealer told me that the batteries were failing and they seemed to think it was a coincidence which didnt make sense to me and they said they all could fail in short order. I'm going in next week to try the right rear, but at 225 a tire for a system that is useless, it's the last thing I feel like doing, but I cant have that light on. Any ideas? M35 Eagles fan if you have any answers, please email me directly. [email protected]. Thanks.

raven69david
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

Just started experiencing this issue 3 days ago. All 4 sensors are showing low tire pressure even though all are at 33 psi. The results I see on the dash are between 24-26 psi which I know is incorrect. I'm going to take it to Discount Tire to have the sensors reset to see if that works. Once I find the solution I'll post back.

raven69david
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

I replaced the TPMS module but now I need to find out how to link the new monitor so that the car recognizes it. In addition, since the sun hits the plastic control panel bezel, as soon as I touched it the panel disintegrated into several pieces. :facepalm:
Attachments
thumbnail-2.jpeg
thumbnail-2.jpeg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

The reason for the *** is that the batteries inside the TPMS are dead or dying. I had mine replaced, but had to take it to Infiniti to have the TPMS reset and programmed.

cbird805
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45
1995 Infiniti Q45 Base
(prev) 1994 Infiniti Q45 Base

The reason for the *** is that the batteries inside the TPMS are dead or dying. I had mine replaced, but had to take it to Infiniti to have the TPMS reset and programmed.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”