2 OEM Front Strut kits on the way

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
98_Q45

My 2 front struts have had enough, and have been begging for change all summer. I lucked out with $30 rear Gabriel Ultras earlier this year, but seems the only option was directly thru the dealer sites or eBay racing all 4 for $1,200. I’m doing the mounts and boots as well. Anyone familiar with Mevotech? Took months of research to find the best deals (and save up for it). $650 out the door with shipping. Most expensive fix in my two years of owning it since the Rack and Pinion.

Hoping with all 4 replaced struts, it ride like this:

my12by60

98Q - Are these the rear struts that your ordered? Did they install with no issues? Where did you order yours from?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gab- ... /model/q45

Did you get a set of front struts only from Mevotech or is the $650 for all four corners? Are the fronts coming with spindles included? I can't find Mevotech on the web for Q45 struts. Do you have a link to what you bought? Thanks.

98_Q45

my12by60 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 am
98Q - Are these the rear struts that your ordered? Did they install with no issues? Where did you order yours from?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gab- ... /model/q45

Did you get a set of front struts only from Mevotech or is the $650 for all four corners? Are the fronts coming with spindles included? I can't find Mevotech on the web for Q45 struts. Do you have a link to what you bought? Thanks.

To clarify:

I bought the front struts from affordableinfinitparts.com but can also find on infinitipartsdeal.com (my usual go to).

But be advised: there’s a cheaper strut kit they have for sale but it’s been “super-seceded” and basically doesn’t exist. Previously I paid one site $279, only for it to be voided our the next day because it wasn’t in stock. So I had to call and get the newer part.

There’s only 2 places to find front struts for this one (this includes the spindle but no boots/mounts). Infiniti or eBay. And on eBay it’s also from Infiniti or in a set of 4 for $1,200 thru an aftermarket company.

The rears are easily found anywhere online. I used rock auto for the Mevotech boots and mounts. Not the struts. Mevotech doesn’t sell struts for this one.

Matter of fact: your can order boots and mounts from anywhere: Oreiley, Napa, Advance all make them. But the front struts themselves are nowhere to be found. Something with that spindle design is likely why. Any without a spindle has to be welded on.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”