2_Liter_Turbo's '96 P10 G20 Daily Driver Project - SR20VE & eGT Primera

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Ikon_1911
Car: 1995 300ZX 2+2 NA

As I told the other member, if you find another clean G20 (or SE-R 2001 or older) let me know please I'm interested.

*Keep us posted on the updates my friend...

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

For sure man.

As for an update, I swapped in a black "Loaf" and replaced a broken door lock switch. Nothing too exciting, but hey, it's something!

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

Well, it has definitely been awhile since I posted an update. Both the S14 and R32 have been taking all of my focus the past year, but the past few weeks I actually gave the P10 some love! It all started when I picked up a bunch of R32 parts as a package deal which included some factory 16x8 +30mm R32 GTR wheels. I didn't really have a use for them, as my skyline has nice wheels on it already, so I then set them next to the G20 and thought, "hmmm, those look pretty decent with this car".... and well, next thing I know, I started looking into doing a 5 lug swap.

I ended up grabbing the maxima parts off of Marcus from his red car. So I threw on the GTR wheels while doing the swap in his driveway, ha ha. Sorry, forgot to take pics of that fiasco. When fitting the wheels on the front, I found that due to the larger tire size used on the skyline, the tires rubbed the pinch seam in the front fenders at about 80% lock.

At first, I was going to just buy 225/45/16 tires vs the 225/50/16s that came on the wheels. I soon realized that tire selection in that size is very few and far between, and at a substantial higher cost. So I decided to say, "screw it", and I "trimmed" the seam, ha ha!

I also snapped a few pics of the clearance at full lock. Everything clears, but it's close!

I then decided to finally install my KSport coilovers, since they now offer offset tophats. So I got the tophats and ordered some Cusco upper arms and went to town. I also ordered new front bearings since the old ones were shot. I removed the factory grease and added redline grease instead to help keep them happy.

So without shortened upper arms, the offset tophat works and keeps the coilovers off the third link. With shortened arms, it is VERY close, and will rub if too low. Here's a pic of how tight it is.

One problem is that Ksport uses a 52mm shock body vs a 50mm shock body like a lot of other companies, so the lower mounts are fatter. I need to modify my third link to keep everything happy because I have the shortened upper arms.

After everything was installed, I decided to order new tires for the wheels, and ended up grabbing a set of the new Falken RT615K+ tires.

Finally, I decided to clean up the car a bit after the alignment, and take a couple pictures of the progress! The larger diameter tires definitely make the car sit up higher, so it really needs the sideskirts, bumpers, and lip I have in the garage waiting to get painted!

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”