1UZFE S14A project

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
r34 gtr
Car: 98 Frontier XE 4x4
95.5 Audi URS6 Avant 5spd
03 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
89 240sx base CA18DET

I just stumbled across this thread, and I must say bravo. Fantastic work here and every bit of information you would need to do the swap. Lots of eye candy too, which is always a plus.

Might I be so bold as to request that a moderator sticky this thread for future generations of NICOnauts to enjoy? I would certainly think it merits it.

RedDragun
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe, 1990 2x4 Hardbody

Awesome build. I'm curious exactly what ignition components you used for the wasted spark setup. Also, will the tune you are using work on a megasquirt II setup?

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

r34 gtr wrote:
Might I be so bold as to request that a moderator sticky this thread for future generations of NICOnauts to enjoy? I would certainly think it merits it.

matt4pl
Car: cars, anything fast, graphic design, lots of stuff

So this is a request for this that have completed this swap: does anyone have exact measurements or a cad file of the ka bellhousing bolt pattern? The 1uz patterns are available online, but I haven't been able to find the KA prints and I need it so my engineer buddy can finish the bellhousing adpater model and have it cnc'ed.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

I have the engine in my possession, so it has officially begun

watty
Car: 1UZFE V8 powered s14a, 05 Titan LE CC, 03 G35 Sedan

matt4pl wrote:So this is a request for this that have completed this swap: does anyone have exact measurements or a cad file of the ka bellhousing bolt pattern? The 1uz patterns are available online, but I haven't been able to find the KA prints and I need it so my engineer buddy can finish the bellhousing adpater model and have it cnc'ed.
Sorry. I don't have one for the KA bellhousing. We just mated everything up and did the good old fashioned sharpie through the bellhousing. lol. Not the most accurate, but 15,000 miles later it seems to do the job.
UncleBen wrote:Any update here?
The only update I have is that it is still a blast to drive and should be even better once I get the turbo on.

Watty

matt4pl

So I'm getting closer to getting my enigne mounted up. I picked up some cheap tundra headers from ebay, and hopefully they'll fit around the steering shaft, but we'll see. If they don't, it'll be easier to work with than the cheaper metal of the stock headers. I did spoil my drivetrain immensley though. I talked to Tilton, who referred me to Aasco motorsports, and I ordered a flywheel and clutch kit from them. it's an 8lb steel flywheel with a tilton twin plate and throwout bearing extension. It's a bolt on, balanced, setup, and has a really low MOI, so should help a lot with how quick the engine revs. the whole deal weighs in at 18lbs, and cost a bit under 1600 shipped. This is the one piece that puts me way over budget, but it's also piece of mind and less guess work. I don't have unlimited access to a machine shop, so less fab work shaves weeks off the project.

UsJdmTuner

do you guys have room for the HEATER hoses for heat?

UsJdmTuner

im buying 95 ls400 engine with harness and ecu.. just need PS pump... so far im getting Engine mounts, trans adap to KA tranny, TOB, pilot bushing, psi plate and aluminum flywheel done, headers ill have someone fab it for me..do you guys have PDF wiring LS400 to wire to S13 chasis?

steveo88

Hi Watty!

Could you give your mail?I'm interested in your engine mounts

cation
Car: 00 E55 AMG,
01 GMC Sierra SLT
S14 400sx (SOLD!)

Small update. Got tired of looking at my cluttered engine bay and decided to take action. ;)

PICS!

Wires... lots of them.

No mas!

Test fitting for proper looming

See where this is going?

Sweet shoes... but what's the big wire for?

Former A/C Evaporator box now power distributor

Battery relocation complete!

All that just to do this:

I just had to have a clean bay!

Here's before pics just for reference:

shifty biscuits

cation wrote:These diagrams that I put together may help with your swap since the LS400 ECU connectors between the generations are virtually identical besides wire color.

How to get power from an S14 chassis to the right LS400 ECU pinouts:

Pretty self explanatory here:

Alternator Wiring:

Fuel Pump Wiring (painfully easy):

BTW I have a spare LS400 alternator off of a 96 model. Email me if you are interested.

Also if you have a hard time reading the diagrams, email me and I'll send a PDF copy to you.
hey nice work. i just bought a complete ls400 for £200 to fit into my 1979 240k gt skyline. is there any chance you could send me copies of the wiring diagrams you have as i cant make these out.

turbonxsx

I love too see these types of swaps

Ihiryu
Car: S13 KA-T Vert

So the only issue with using a rear sump (SC400) motor is the steering rack issue? I've got a complete rear sump 1uz in my MKIII that just got smashed in by a semi, so I'm looking to swap this into my s13 now.

Any luck with anyone using the SC4 harness instead of the LS4?

Also Watty, is you friend still making the mounts? I'd love to try these mounts with my rear sump.

matt4pl

i'm pretty sure to do a mid sump 1uz you'd have to cut the firewall. sc400's arent truly rear sump cause the lower pan sits kinda in the middle. i have my ls400 motor jammed in between the front cross member and the sway bar, and i had to clearance the lower pan front and back to get it to sit like that, and i still had to move the trans back almost 2". on the plus side my engine is as low and far back as it can reasonably go, and the ka mounts basically line up with the 1uz mounts. i welded horizontal plates onto the factory locations and my motor mount pads are about 3/4" thick at the most.

gaehrings13
Car: s14

So what all did you guys end up doing for the pilot bearing? Just wondering, I have a nice 97 sc400 now and was contemplating doing this.

DET240SX
Car: 92 Hatchback S14 SR20DET, 89 Coupe SOHC KA24e(soon to be 1UZ), 01' 330CI

cation wrote:WOW, that white Kouki is gorgeous!

+1

sololock
Car: 91 240sx coupe

Can we get some more info on wiring this into an s13?
Im confused as to where to cut in splice i know on my rb20 swap the only plug we really used was
the Brown one and grey one near the Fuse Box, Is this the same one i use for the 1uz?

DET240SX
Car: 92 Hatchback S14 SR20DET, 89 Coupe SOHC KA24e(soon to be 1UZ), 01' 330CI

Hey guys,

I like this thread so much I'm doing a swap myself! I'm building a road course 240 and thought, why not?

Although, if anyone can send me the PDF of pin outs/diagram specific to 95 1UZ(LS400) going into a 89 S13, that would complete my swap:)

So far, i have rebuilt the motor with the polished heads ( will post the pics on a different thread), and still buying small components here and there. Also, looking for a KA tranny in a good condition.

I also have a ton of inventory on 240 parts....almost 2 cars worth of crap- will post it up later as well.

Anyway, looking forward to hear back from someone over hurr, cheers.

sezio
Car: Nissan S14

Hey Watty I sent you an email regarding this swap. I need some help... The diagram for the Alternator is blurry so I was wondering if you could email me over the diagrams. I'd greatly appreciate the help... Thanks!

sezio
Car: Nissan S14

OK i'm need of help desperately. I got my engine in, I have Fuel Pressure and I got the Starter to initiate but how the heck do I get spark? I used the wiring diagram on previous page but those plugs aren't the same as mine as my motor is 92 LS400. I tried my best hooking up the wires but no spark. Can anyone please help me? Cation? Watty? contact me @ 323-445-8399 or [email protected]. I'd appreciate all the help Thanks!

LTgnav240

CATION can you email me the pdf for the wiring diagram please. Its hard to read.

[email protected]

watty
Car: 1UZFE V8 powered s14a, 05 Titan LE CC, 03 G35 Sedan

Well, it's been a long time since I've been on here, but I wanted to let anyone interested know that I am selling my car. I have a new project going and need the space and funds. It's a sad day but also a great ride. (No pun intended)

It is currently on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331492930243?fo ... &viewitem=

Thanks for all the support from everybody on here! Don't worry, I'm still a Nissan guy. The Titan and Pathfinder are running strong. lol

Moderators, feel free to move or delete this if it violates the sub-forum rules.

Watty

Return to “Hybrids”