Slammed, Lowered, Stance, Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

SlimSlammedRogue wrote:In times square yesterday
seems apart of your wheels are not even touching the ground lol.... i too had that problem today ;)

SlimSlammedRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Havent posted in a while, no real major updates yet, cars going in the paint booth this winter for some body things. new wheels are going sometime after its out specs are insane. here are a few pictures from meets/ places ive attended since ive last posted

Random light painting that im in love with

Clean Cultures Season Closer in upstate Ny
(tucking 20's static)

I debated on going to OCMD this year because social media was over hyping the police situation so Thursday night/Friday morning I took off all my banners and headed out and the cops didnt even look at me. Not once.

Had a little photo shoot with my homie while i was there

It was a really fun time, I saw a few cars ive seen on these forums and met a bunch of cool people. If i didnt go I wouldve 100% regretted it.

SlimSlammedRogue

So I hit a pothole on glen cove rd and heard a loud bang from the passenger side, my alignment goes to s***, starts pulling to the left and my wheel starts shaking intensely I get to my homies house and the passenger side is completely cambered in and looks like its attempting to make a left turn while the steering wheels straight. On the back of the passenger wheel theres grease everywhere. This is what i find.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

SlimSlammedRogue wrote:So I hit a pothole on glen cove rd and heard a loud bang from the passenger side, my alignment goes to s***, starts pulling to the left and my wheel starts shaking intensely I get to my homies house and the passenger side is completely cambered in and looks like its attempting to make a left turn while the steering wheels straight. On the back of the passenger wheel theres grease everywhere. This is what i find.

aaa... the joys of f-ing with the suspension.

i was just in nyc this weekend(lunch in the theater district in Manhattan, hipster-watching in williamsburg bk, traveled through downtown bk, to get coffee in park slope bk, etc) and idk how you do it bro. i have normal tires and a normal suspension setup, and nyc streets are abusive.

SlimSlammedRogue

5.56 wrote: i was just in nyc this weekend(lunch in the theater district in Manhattan, hipster-watching in williamsburg bk, traveled through downtown bk, to get coffee in park slope bk, etc) and idk how you do it bro. i have normal tires and a normal suspension setup, and nyc streets are abusive.
you shouldve le me know i wouldve came thru

SlimSlammedRogue

I found out the drive shaft is slightly bent, the lowercontrol arm is bent and so it the tire rod and when i got the car in the air the inner tie rod popped out of the rack.
So it sat like this since the night it happend because ive been lazy to fix it.

today i got down to it, I only replaced the inner tie rod since I didnt have all of the parts to replace I started the pursuit of trying to tuck the 20s. I started cutting and bending a few bit out the way. I need a frame notch for the rear to stop the upper control arm from hitting the frame rail. Hopefully I wont need a notch or tub for the front.

tpeplow
Car: 2010 Rogue SL

Hey man. I see some factory struts on that beast... whats your suspension setup on this? I want to rep the slammed rogue up in Ontario at all the shows here. I'm also a major sponsor of a massive club meet as well and love your stance. Shoot me some details if possible, I don't want to rip your style off though :biggrin:

SlimSlammedRogue

The fitment im going for, inspired by someone i follow on instagram

SlimSlammedRogue

tpeplow wrote:Hey man. I see some factory struts on that beast... whats your suspension setup on this? I want to rep the slammed rogue up in Ontario at all the shows here. I'm also a major sponsor of a massive club meet as well and love your stance. Shoot me some details if possible, I don't want to rip your style off though :biggrin:
shoot me a text ill be glad to go into detail 1-(516)-851-7609

SlimSlammedRogue

So over this past week I became more and more upset at the fact that I owned a car I couldnt use when I wanted to and got down to buisness to get it road worthy.

The drive shaft and lower control arm were long replaced so with this weeks check I was planning on buying bc coils but I made the mistake of depositing my check into my bank and I couldnt use my money until monday so I said f*** that and picked up these used set of Megan Racing front coils for the 07+ altima for little to nothing.
When I first got them they were set a bit higher and were stuck so i got out the wire brush and took care of it and maxed the coils.

Put them in the car and they sat where the camber adjustment was completly useless and when I dropped the car down the fitment was garbage,

so I jacked the car back up, made a template of the top hat and drilled some new holes (will post pictures another time of that it got dark faster than i expected when i was finished) so the camber adjustment was useable and while the coils were out I maxed the preload and removed the locking colars.

Now the car sits almost perfect I just have to figure out why the coils sit so much higher on one side when both are maxed any ideas?

SlimSlammedRogue

no updates but I found this funny

Here in new york theres a new 20mph School zone speed limit (in some places 15mph)

I got the ticket doing 31 in a 20 -_- posted the pictures in a group im in on facebook

one of the photographers apart of the group edited the picture and made it look brilliant lol i couldnt stop laughing so I had to share

SlimSlammedRogue

nothing too major going on, we got snow

got my windshield tinted

resonator delete

Projector retro & front plate holes will be filled in next
picking up stiffer springs because the 14k isnt cutting it so im going to try out 28k rear and 18k front and see how that goes

still hunting for someone to notch my damn frame

SlimSlammedRogue

Guess what that is :alright

I bought it on ebay and picked it up at a lexus dealership because they had it in stock for whatever reason and had to walk thru the showroom floor with it.

test fit!

I need a few more things like grills, paint and such but ill figure all that out and my blast pipes come tomorrow

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Now THAT is cool

kapesports
Car: 2015 Rogue - 2015 Altima

SlimSlammedRogue wrote:
test fit!

I need a few more things like grills, paint and such but ill figure all that out and my blast pipes come tomorrow

this looks awesome !! :dblthumb:

would you mind sharing where you got this at ? ebay link or even the lexus dealer you got it from ? :confused:

how much??

I love the look ... :bowrofl:

salbahje
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

Up! Any update? :D

Qashqai

I don't understand why you guys are so excited about this mod? It is just the Krom bumper. Someone did this mod years ago?

convert-to-krom-t481265.html?hilit=krom

SlimSlammedRogue

Sorry for the lack of updates. Krom bumpers been done for a while and threw on the dual blast pipes
Went to a meet parked up next to a stock rogue for a lil while and got a couple pics

SlimSlammedRogue

Qashqai wrote:I don't understand why you guys are so excited about this mod? It is just the Krom bumper. Someone did this mod years ago?

convert-to-krom-t481265.html?hilit=krom
i guess my car adds an extra hype because its lowered.

MGgonzalez
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S

Hey, pretty new to the idea of lowering a rogue so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right step. Looking to lower my 13' Rogue S. What's the process of getting this done?
Thanks in advance.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICOclub! I see you're a noob, so I'll cut you a little slack for not doing a SEARCH first. We've already got a 10 page thread on this subject, so I've merged your request into it. Start at the beginning and you'll find everything you'll need to know.

Adamsgotfive

So are the 2009 maxima oem springs still the best option for lowering my rogue? Bummer that H&R discontinued lowering springs for the rogue :/

SlimSlammedRogue

Been getting the ball rolling on a lot of things lately that ive wanted to do for a long time and since im not going to sowo this was a good weekend to do more.

Bought some recaro reps for the low and threw them in

Since i didnt want to shell out 700$ for the oem fogs and brackets I bought puddle lights and put them in the side vents next to the fog light. I think it came out good

I need better photos, but next is the personal/omp wheel ive been looking for and If i dont get those I guess Ill go Key!s so stay tuned!

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Those puddle lights look sick.

Regarding the Krom bumper... I didn't realize that was the Krom bumper before. It looked like a GTR style bumper made for the Rogue. That's why I was so impressed. Still looks great

specsleeper

Ran into these qashqai coilovers couple days ago. Anybody try these??http://m.ebay.com/itm/321731098371?NAV=HOME

mcheddadi
Car: R8

why is it that slamming any car makes it look sooo goood? yummy!

SlimSlammedRogue

Ive been gone for a min and put the rogue on the back burner, went to florida for a few came back and im having a few issues but nothing the service department wont take care of hopefully,

took the vossens off and put them up for sale

found an alternative to the vette shocks, I bought a set of used Hyundai Veloster REAR coilovers, and the shocks bolt right up thank god.

Ive got a few things planned for her so ill be sure to post

****UPDATE FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO LOWER THEIR ROGUE****
2009+ ALTIMA/MAXIMA COILOVERS WILL WORK ON THE FRONT BUT THE TOP HATS NEED TO BE REDRILLED ON THE BODY
2011+ HYUNDAI VELOSTER REAR COILOVER SHOCKS WILL BOLT UP DIRECTLY BUT YOULL NEED COILOVER SLEEVES AND 14K+ SPRINGRATE

tpeplow
Car: 2010 Rogue SL

I'm rocking some MK1 Audi TT rear springs right now, but I'm still riding bump stops. Ultra bouncy lol.

Although I did end up getting some 87 vette rear shocks in there. The travel length is solid, but the springs aren't cutting it at all. Not enough rate and length

SlimSlammedRogue

Car went to the dealership to get a new ecu,reprogramming and whatnot

when she came back i couldnt help myself

then she got a gift

threw the 34k in the rear and took out the shortend bumpstop for the last time, measured and planned out the frame notch. Should be completing it this weekend *crosses fingers*

SlimSlammedRogue

tpeplow wrote:I'm rocking some MK1 Audi TT rear springs right now, but I'm still riding bump stops. Ultra bouncy lol.

Although I did end up getting some 87 vette rear shocks in there. The travel length is solid, but the springs aren't cutting it at all. Not enough rate and length
depending on the stiffness of the shock youll need a higher spring rate with the vette id reccomend 14k or18k nothing too high because itll blow the shock. I also reccomend cutting the rear bumpstops in half t give you some more travel

Return to “Rogue Forum”