1999 Q45t Advice

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
MC OMEK
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45t

Blessings to all,

Ive came across a beautiful Q45, and I’m honestly in love! I had no prior knowledge cars whatsoever; but quickly picked up on my Q45! Recently I had some shifting issues; car seems to jerk everytime it shifts from 2nd to 3rd, and for some odd reason I thought I could fix it by buying a new TPS; i replaced the TPS and didn’t fix the shifting issues but found the car had smoother acceleration; fast forward a few weeks I clean the Throttle body and found a stored pending and confirmed P1120 Secondary Throttle Position code along with a P1400, and P0400; so far after the New TPS I’ve replaced my EGRC SOLENOID and EGR valve, EGR purge valve and new MAF sensor; I’m wondering besides the faulty slipping transmission what can I do for my P1120 as well as the EGR codes!

Jap Burd
Car: ‘95 Q45

About the trans, I did the Auto Shows for years, I talked with dealer techs across the country, we had them at every show to disable things for the show, I could never get the same answer on transmission service, some said do it regularly, others said don’t. Since there’s a drain plug in my Q, I did just the fluid, another can I did have luck changing a plugged filter for smoother operation, but if it was plugged, that meant is was full I’d the band material and the trans was on the way out.

Ludeaem
Car: 2000 Infiniti Q45 AE

These cars are very finicky about transmission fluid levels. I have done what's in the manual and I still have the 2nd-3rd odd shift especially when cold. It gets much better to almost non-exisistent when hot. This leads me to believe that its a level issue and I need more as ATF expands when getting warm. I do think there are worn bands but have added ATF additives such as Lucas for the mean time. My fluid is clean and doesn't smell burnt so who knows.

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

Have you looked at the factory service manual for trouble code diagnostic info?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”