1997 q45 no heat or AC

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
chrisbr66
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45t

Hi everbody, thanks for all the help definetly making progress fixing the issues with my car. The next issue I'm currently working on is that the car heater or AC is not working. The blower is working but just sending outside air. When I first drove the car home I heard a pop and a leaking sound, I assumed it was some thing with the AC so I bought a recharge kit and it seems to be holding a charge. I just checked the heater and found out it's not blowing hot air. Could this be the heater core or something else? Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

If you're not getting hot air out the vents, either hot coolant from the engine is not circulating through the heater core, or an air control door under the dash is not working properly to direct air across the heater core itself. The problem is pretty much the same for the lack of cold air - either the evaporator core is not getting cold or an air control door is not functioning properly. If you charged the a/c system yourself without a set of gauges then it's pretty likely it's over- or under-charged, either of which can cause it not to blow cold air. The only way to determine where the problem lies is to dig in and start diagnosing it - the factory service manual has diagnostic instructions that you can follow.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I remember on the G50 there was an air distribution door that failed. If I recall correctly Tangalora has a post where she introduced a metal reinforcing element to repair the all plastic door. Pictures are probably gone from that post by now, but her written descriptions were excellent.

It was rather like the 94 and on camshaft timing chain guides where Nissan reinforced them with metal backing to prevent fracturing.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”