1994 Nissan 240sx Build

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
askhao

damn that "finished product" looks goooooooooood

wafflez66
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

A few more pics...

Radiator Cooling Panel

I now have to tear the front end apart, and get the silvia front put on along w/ a few other things, but that could take a while

Anyone that has put the brick headlights in; do you need the harness for the brick headlights, or can am I able to use the stock popup harness? I am told it's plug and play, but don't know for sure. Thanks.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

i think its plug and play, my dual projectors were

Piper
Car: 96 240, the new toy.
93 Vert, gave to my bro... for now,
91 HB, brother totaled,
27 other 240sx's in total, all gone now!

B E A Utiful job with the vert.

And thats a nice 2G sitting in the back ground in one of the pics too.

GSX? GST?

wafflez66

thanks for the comments...

oh and the 2g eclipse is only a GS but it's the wife's daily so what are ya gonna do....

Piper
91 HB, brother totaled,

Blah on the GS...... but at leasts its not an RS. LOL

Still looks good tho. Not to bad for the wifes daily.

+1 for her and her awesomeness.

-1 for my girl not wanting anything to do with my cars.

Plan on doing anything else to the a** end, or you just keeping the valances, not that im dissing those, just sort of looks incomplete.

wafflez66

Piper wrote:Blah on the GS...... but at leasts its not an RS. LOL

Still looks good tho. Not to bad for the wifes daily.

+1 for her and her awesomeness.

-1 for my girl not wanting anything to do with my cars.

Plan on doing anything else to the a** end, or you just keeping the valances, not that im dissing those, just sort of looks incomplete.
Yeah, she got a good deal on it, and it's in really nice shap, so it works and she gets into the car scene, and for all my cars she hasn't even complained once

as for the rear, they never made anything else for the coupes/verts (OEM that is), just the valances. I had a 180sx rear valance kit which has a center section too, but that doesn't work w/ the coupes/verts...

I am currently putting the s13 silvia front end on, so maybe that will help, I know it's not in the back but make it flow a little better Either way, thanks for hte comments

Piper
91 HB, brother totaled,

Still a 2G is a 2G no matter what way you look at it. But then again JDM > DSM any day. LOL

And yeah i think that a Sil front will make the car flow 100 times better than the flip ups. I love the look of a sil front on the verts.

Ps... what lip is that on your stock front end? That off a pig nose? Looks nice.

wafflez66

^^^ Thank you, and yes it is a piggy lip^^^

Alright, so I got the silvia front end on the vert, and fixed/reran/rerouted my wiring...

front bumper is yet to be painted, and the fenders need LOTS of body work, but I like it....

Piper
91 HB, brother totaled,

Thats sick!!! How do you have so much free time and money to get your car looking like this so fast?

Ps.... can i haz your lip? lol If not, how did you get it to attach to your bumper? Email me about it...... [email protected]

wafflez66

Piper wrote:Thats sick!!! How do you have so much free time and money to get your car looking like this so fast?

Ps.... can i haz your lip? lol If not, how did you get it to attach to your bumper? Email me about it...... [email protected]
well, I get up at 6 or 7 am and I work until I have to go into work at 9 am and then when I get out at 7pm I work until 10 or 11 pm...

As for the cash aspect, I have had most of the parts for a few years from a few different builds and got great deals on most parts....

as for the lip but I just attached w/ zipties to the lower bolt holes on the sides of the bumper and to the under side of the bumper where the "skid plate" goes...

wafflez66

Okay, so I've been prepping the SR and rebuilding it... here it is so far:

Apexi Headgasket (you can see the tag sticking out)ARP Headstuds & Exhaust manifold studsNismo Motor MountsMoroso Oil PanStainless Steel Exhaust ManifoldGarrett GT28RS TurboSplit Fire Coil PacksCustom Painted Pulleys and Valve CoverCarbon Fiber Cover

Also today, I dropped off the door panels and rear seats down to Fly Boyz Custom Upholstery to have them covered in fabric to match the R34 Seats.

Next I plan on taking the front end of the vert off along w/ the doors to make way for the coupe doors (pillarless), along w/ some cleaning up of the fenderwells, and then hopefully prepping the car for the manual swap, and possibly the engine swap (not sure if I want to attempt this before winter, as I would like to take this car to DROPTOBERFEST in Nanticoke, PA on October 17th)

wafflez66

Updates:

I took the coupe trunk (spoilerless) and painted it black and put the Origin Lip Spoiler on... it looks descent.

Am working on the coupe door swap at the moment, and still have to get the front fenders off before the doors come off...

Piper
91 HB, brother totaled,

That spoiler looks sick!!! Keep up the good work!!

wafflez66

Yeah, so I started it... the motor is pretty much ready to come out, just have to take out 1 motor mount bolt, and 4 tranny mount bolts and she's ready to pull. :twisted:

krash

danngg dude, you took this vert' and ran with it this build is awesome!

wafflez66

Alright, so today:

I got the turbo all bolted on and all the lines run for that. I did find out that I need some clocking adapters for the intake/outlet on the turbo to put them in the right spot.

I also mounted up my Greddy FMIC, and it fit beautifully.

Also started welding in the patch panel over the old battery tray, and that is :?

also a pic from a couple weeks ago...

Modified by wafflez66 at 8:32 AM 9/2/2009

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

Very awesome 240 vert!!!!!! Loved seeing and reading about your progress on the car! Keep working on it

wafflez66

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

Holy long filter relocation kit batman. Car looks really good man. Cant wait to see it finished.

wafflez66

The filter relocation I took off the s14 which I had to mount on the opposite side by the exhaust manifold b/c I had too much stuff on the intake mani side, and I also plan on cutting it about half way for an oil cooler setup I have lying around...

I'm eager to get it back toget too, but I haven't touched it in a month

I'm contemplating tubbing out the front wheel wells, and I am trying to cut the new carpet to fit etc... so It'll be coming along eventually...

Future_gohan
Car: 91 240sx, 91 vert

I wanna see some pics of this with the top down and the sil front. Mine is going to be black with a silfront and was trying to get an idea of how it'll turn out. thanks ;]

nick.
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Wow, that's some good progress man. Your car looks awesome, it must be so nice to have a droptop to cruise around in.

I wanted to ask, where did you get those rear valences? What are they called exactly? I'd like to pick a set up for my car too.

wafflez66

All aero on the car is stock from a coupe in Japan; that had the aero kit of course.

ps Just picked up another s14 momo wheel. I say another b/c I had one in my s14, but sold it but finally found another

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

Love the steering wheel Kind of reminds me of my S15 steering wheel.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”