1993 J30t Passenger Side Mirror

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Niti QX4
Car: 2004 Nissan Xterra

Is the mirror glass the same for both sides of the 1993 J30t? My passenger side glass is cracked and the plastic base underneath the glass (that then attaches to the mirror housing) is damaged.

I am trying to find a right hand mirror to remove the mirror glass and it's support base, but I can't find out if I can use a left had side as well.

Also, does anyone know what years will fit the 1993?

Thanks!

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

The mirror and it's glass is a mirror image left and right..the right side wont fit the left and vice versa.
I do believe all J30 mirrors, either left or right are for all years.
Ebay or a junkyard are best bets, junkyards are getting harder and harder to find.

Niti QX4

I took your advice and found one on eBay. Bought a compete mirror assembly - even though I only needed the actual mirror glass and the plastic bracket that holds the mirror glass.

How do I remove the mirror glass and the plastic bracket without breaking them? The top has two push in tabs and the bottom appears to have "U" shaped clips that snap into the bottom of the housing assembly.

Thoughts?

Niti QX4

By the way, where would I find the FSM for this vehicle?

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

Unfortunately, the FSM for Infinitis had to be removed from this site due to legal restrictions.
I would replace the whole mirror and not attempt to disassemble the components, I'm afraid they're too brittle to remove.
If there is a section of the FSM you might need, you can private mail me and I can upload it to you.

Niti QX4

Will do

Niti QX4

I found how to replace the glass mirror and the bracket it attaches with. It's in the factory service manual on page BF-60. I received the whole mirror assembly last night and I will take the glass and bracket out today. Will report back on the results.

Niti QX4

I got the mirror glass and the plastic bracket out without incident. Did what the FSM says to do and it worked as it should. New mirror glass and plastic bracket are installed and working perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”