1990 Q45 key and lock "issue"

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

Just a quick question for those of you that have owned or driven a '90. The locks seem to act differently than the 92, two 93s, and 95 I owned. The doors automatically unlock when you shut the door. I have to manually lock them on the outside. And it's only one turn to the left to lock. One turn to the right to unlock all four doors. Not the typical 2 turns. Just wondering if this is just exclusive to the 90. Never seen this on any other model Q. Also. The climate control doesnt have the defrost/foot blower option as the other ones did. Exclusive to the 1990?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

So I finally got around to checking mine. I have an aftermarket alarm with a fob, so I don't normally use the door key. Anyhow - mine does the same thing. If you lock the doors on the inside, all doors lock - but the driver's door will unlock when you close the door unless you hold the outside handle up while closing the door. This was supposed to be a feature that made it less likely that you'd lock your keys inside of the car. One turn of the key unlocks or locks all four doors.

My climate control has a defrost/floor mix setting, but I'm sure I'm running a controller out of a later year. I don't remember if the original one had that or not - but if yours doesn't mine probably didn't either.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”