1989 240 - 5k original miles bone stock!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Brn21
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX

Yesterday I bought my first 240. I came across a 1989 240sx with 5k original miles and completely stock. I’ve never been into 240’s prior to this, but saw a lot of potential in this car. It hasn’t been started in 13 years and lived in a garage. I’m making sure to cover all the bases and thoroughly inspect before I run her for the first time. There were no known issues with the car prior to hibernation. Logically, I would think to drain/flush/change oil, new coolant, inspect brake lines and brake fluid, and new trans fluid. Not sure if there is gas in the tank, so I was going to drop gas tank and flush out, plus change fuel filter. No battery yet so I can’t check gauges. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

master240sxx
Car: ???

I would flush out all the fluids.
push in all the brake pistons and get as much fluid out as you can and while you are at it, make sure the slide pins and the brake pads are free.
regarding the fuel tank, its most likely rusted on the inside as it is a metal tank.
You can start by going in the trunk and removing the fuel pump and having a look inside..

or you can just sell it to me so you don't have to deal with it haha
please do post pictures

bobbychet
Car: 2018 Nissan Sentra Midnight edition

Wow!
5K original miles is unbelievable!
I too have a 89 240SX with 150K miles on it.
Is yours a coupe?
Mine is and is aztec red
All stock except I put a CD player with speakers in it.
Bobbychet

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

master240sxx wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:16 am
You can start by going in the trunk and removing the fuel pump and having a look inside..
+1
You can even siphon it out that way if needed as opposed to dropping the tank. Those fuel strap bolts are a huge pain to remove.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”