1980-1983 200SX Owners (S110)

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
dasloan1977
Car: 1982 200sx

Hello fellow 200SX owners! My first car was a 1982 S110 200sx hatchback. It was grey, with the decorative cover on the hatch. It was fully loaded, with a sunroof, auto transmission, and the thing TALKED!!! It was a hand-me-down car. My parents bought it for my mom in 86, and she drove it until 90 when my they traded in my dads old van for a minivan that mom drove. Dad then took the 200SX and drove it until 1993, when mom got her Thunderbird and dad took the minivan. I then laid claim to it at age 15, saying I wanted to drive it when I got my license. It sat in our driveway for about a year until Dad and I replaced the brakes. We then set about traveling to various junk yards looking for new parts as it had been hit a few times when parked out on the street, and the hood was very rusty. We got a new hood (blue, but we planned on painting it), switches, vents, etc to replace the things that had slowly broken over 10 years. We finally brought it back to life over summer break of 1994 when I was finally given the keys. I drove it for my senior year of high school. It smoked, broke down a lot, and I was sometimes embarrased to drive it. I had to be towed home at least twice. I always prayed "please start please start please start" everytime I got into it, and it was always a game of Russian Roulette! Summer of 1995 saw me working my first job, and driving from Quinlan, Tx to north Dallas 5 days a week. It blew its headgasket, and I had to shell out all the money I had earned that summer to rebuild the engine. But, I still loved that car. I took it to college, but in October of 1995 I wrecked it head on. It sat in the parking lot of my dorm, utterly destroyed. I didnt' get another car for about 8 months, and i had to rely on my friends or gf to get me around. I am still nostalgic about that car. I loved it, and wish I still had one. It reminded me of the Delorean with its pure 80's styling and techy interior. I mean, it was a talking car!!!! Someday, I hope to find one in decent condition to restore. Thanks to NICO for putting up this thread!!!

luis12
Car: Datsun '77 B210....'82 Datsun 200sx...03 SE-R

hi, i have a '82 200sx hatch. my grandfather bought it brand new and gave it to me when i started college. i'll post a few pics later

DerFahrer
Car: 1981 200SX ITB race car, 1991 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Honda Fit

What body parts interchange between the 2-door sedan version and the hatchback version?

The rear quarters and trunklid won't obviously, but what about the hood? Front fenders? Doors?

I have a 1981 200SX ITB race car that's in rough condition, with a lot of rust. I'd like to know if I could buy a 200SX 2-door sedan and use some of the body parts off of it.

Thanks for your help!

nasaracing510

who needs 1980-1983 200sx parts ??

leave it to me to never find this post.... KNOW MATTER HOW OLD THIS POST M WRITING IS, I WILL ALWAYS HAVE ANY 200SX PART EVER MADE... !!!!!!

200SX 'S FOR LIFE......

I HAVE 6 STREET CARS , 4 RACE CARS AND A DOZEN PARTS CARS.. I HAVE 14 - Z22 MOTORS AND 6 - Z20 MOTORS...

IF I KNEW HOW TO POST PICTURES HERE I WOULD........

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME HOW OR EMAILS ME @ [email protected]

I WILL SEND YOU ALL OF THE PIC'S YOU COULD EVER WANT OF THE 1980 ITB 200SX RACECAR , THE 1983 ITB 200SX RACE CAR , OR THE 1982 200SX CIRCLE TRACK RACERS..

I WILL SHIP... IM IN GEORGIA... AND IM KEEPING THE LOVE ALIVE FOR 200SX GUYS AND GAL'S ALL OVER THE US....

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND REMEMBER... RESTORE THEM.. DON'T CRUSH'EM...

jai_s110
Car: nissan silvia s110

hi guys, I'm jai from Malaysia
i owned an 80s nissan silvia s110
i know some of you guys in cardomain
my car not fully restored yet.
sr20det in it and some gadget and gauges.
recently I'm swapping the rear axle and rims

bones566
Car: 1980 Datsun 200sx

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7 ... 6347nu0mrj I just received this car from a family member. It's as if it was in a time capsule. Anyone have a fuel tank sending unit or know of another I can modify? Dropped the fuel tank and found lots of varnish and scale. Car hasn't been cranked in about 4 years. Was given 30 years of dealer maintenance receipts on this car for every little nit noid issue as well as all the original literature. I got some keys cut for it out of Australia.

83tim200sx
Car: 1983 Datsun 200sx

Help! I have an 83 Datsun 200sx and when I start her she purrs like a kitten. However, after driving for a while, last time it was about 4 miles, it gets sluggish, looses power and stalls. After sitting a while, it will start and run ok. Any ideas?
-Tim

nasaracing510

if you need any Help with your 200sx.. Give me a Call at 404 - 374 - 5498 or Email at HotRodsDatsunParts @ A O L . COM

I have one of the Biggest collections of 1980-1983 200sx's in the States..

Race Cars to Street Cars.. I have what you need...

and Bones.. I have sending units in the shop... waiting to be shipped..

HotRods Datsun Parts LLc..

Gainesville GA

esmathed

I have parts for a 1982 Datsun 200SX. tail lights, grille

Trapper
Car: 1981 Nissan Datsun 200SX

240rs wrote:
drjamz wrote:Wow,

I'm impressed with this site and I hope it continues to grow. My first car was a 1977 200SX that I bought in 78. That car was balls to the wall. I used to do donuts on dry pavement. Not too smart but when you're 17 you do things that are not smart. Anyway, I ended up totaling the car and joined the military in 81. I ended up buying a 80 200SX (manufactured date 9/79) and believe or not I haven't been able to part with it. I don't drive it much but definitely come in handy since I don't have a truck. Anyway, here's a couple of pics I took after I detailed it using my PC dual action polisher I had just purchased in Jan of this year (2008). It has some rust spots here and there but I'm thinking of making it one of my projects to take on in 2009 to restore. I had it repainted in 88 basically restoring it to show room condition however I didn't have the rust I have now. The car's engine has never been touched and it cranks with no problem. However, after 250,000+ miles it is due for an overhaul. Hope you enjoy the pics. IMG][/IM[img][IMG][/img]http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp90 ... C01035.jpg[/IMG]G]
What a beauty!! Would anybody know what wheels are on this car? And what size are they? Would want to use those on my b110.
I saw the pictures of the black 200SX. They are great and the car looks great also. Where were you able to find parts for the car? I have a 1981 200SX (only owner) but in 2011 I can't find any new or refurb parts for it. I need a dash, new arm rests, several plastic molding parts inside. Any recommendations as to where to look?

Brittom
Car: Nissan 240RS and !980 200sx

Hi All,
Heard rumours but did not think they existed - Quaife did make a batch of Torsen LSDs for the H190.
There was a batch of about 5 made for the Nissan 240RS works cars in 1983. I do not believe they were ever used as Nissan walked away from Group B in 1984. They have the number 1L1 stamped on them. Called Quaife who have no records (Quaife nearly went bust around that time to not unsurprising).
Will try and upload a few shots.

pieisgude

Hello, new to the forum. I am looking to buy a 200SX, and i've got one in my sights, only problem is that the timing chain is not on. Now, the listing doesn't state a year, so i'm not quite sure whether it's the Z22 or Z20, but i was just wondering how hard/easy it is to put the timing chain back on and button her up? As far as i know that's the only thing keeping the car from running, and i'd very much like to drive the car from where i'd be buying it, not have to tow it. Thanks in advance, and i'm looking forward to hopefully being a more active member!

MadmikeX3
Car: 1990 240sx SRBLKTOP With a potatoe

chava1717
Car: 05 titan nismo
89 d21

Piesgude. hey man i am new to the forum to. but if you want to do that given job you need a little bit of know how but nothing too dificult. you just need a 27mm for the crank pulley a 10,12,14,17,19mm nearly in that order also a torque wrench will be helpfull. any more question let me know i might even send you pics dont kno how to post them here.

KB3ZOW
Car: 1983 Datsun 200sx
1994 Nissan SE-R
1996 Volvo 850
1996 Volvo 850 Turbo Sportswagon

This is a project I started last summer. 1983 200sx HatchBack. Had to put it away after it developed a massive water leak even after replacing the head gasket, and finally got the motivation to get her running again. The car also managed to create a leaky brake master cylinder. So far everything is put back in place except the exhaust system, radiator, and a few air hoses.
Managed to get a new steering wheel, radiator, brake master cylinder, and drivers door.
Plagued with alot of rust that needed patching so far. There was a hole from the front right wheel well to the engine bay but got that patched. Currently there is a rather large hole(probably could fit a golfball in it) near the rear axle heading up to the interior. Both of the doors have bad rust all along the bottom of them and after the front and the rear mudflaps have developed rust under the paint. Aside from getting that rust patched I also need to get the exhaust heat shield that runs along the bottom of the car off to see if there is any rust behind the heat shield because while touching up rust spots under the car whenever I bumped into the shield caused flakes of rust to fall from on top of the shield. But having difficulty getting the screws out that hold the shield to the body because of how badly rusted they are.
Also managed to shear a few 10mm bolts and small screws in the process of taking it apart. If you are encountering any of those, Be warned.

Not going for a full restoration but want to get it to the point where I can drive(but not in the rain of course, dont need anymore rust).

kunleautos
Car: 1982 Datsun 200SX

i have a 1982 Datsun 200SX for sale. Rust free. California car. Asking $2k

Link here

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4651581656.html

Don't know how to post the pics here

Mr. Kay (904-881-5585)

S110datsun200sx
Car: 1980 Datsun 200sx hatchback z20e

Hi, I own a 1980 Datsun 200sx hatchback 2.0l z20e white with red interior, I'm looking for other owners to talk about our rare cars with. I have successfully lowered the car in the rear with 1990 Honda civic ef ksport brand lowering springs. As you know every modification must be custom so I'm looking for people that are into modifying these cars, please email me at [email protected]

altec_rizza
Car: 1981 Datsun 200SX aka "Silvia" coupe 3 speed auto with 100,000 original miles.

Hey guys. I'm Taylor, I've been here before when i had my other datsuns. I recently just bought a 1981 Datsun 200sx aka silvia coupe. it has a 3 speed with 100,000 original miles. its in decent restorable shape. it currently needs an interior and I was hoping someone here could help me source one. I'm also in need of the bolts to the exhaust headers as mine is missing some. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Mathius
Car: 1981 Datsun 200sx

altec_rizza wrote:Hey guys. I'm Taylor, I've been here before when i had my other datsuns. I recently just bought a 1981 Datsun 200sx aka silvia coupe. it has a 3 speed with 100,000 original miles. its in decent restorable shape. it currently needs an interior and I was hoping someone here could help me source one. I'm also in need of the bolts to the exhaust headers as mine is missing some. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Taylor.
Depending on where you are I might be able to help you out. I have door panels, and front seats. Might have a few other odds, and ends for an 81' hatch. (Thats my parts car)
Im in Alberta Canada.
The seats will need to be recovered.

That being said, Im looking for info on coilovers that might fit our cars?
I have a stupid clean 81' coupe Im working on, and would love to change the stance.

altec_rizza
Car: 1981 Datsun 200SX aka "Silvia" coupe 3 speed auto with 100,000 original miles.

Hey Mathius,

Thanks for the reply bud. Not many gentleman or people have or know of these cars anymore and parts are a rare commodity now. I'm specifically looking for the plastic pieces that go under the door handles where the power window buttons sit. I'm also in need of a steering wheel and the piece that sits behind it that covers the steering column, mines pretty faded. If you have any extra dashboards lying around that isn't too badly damaged I'm also in need of one. I mainly need both Driver and passenger side tail lights as well. I currently live in Westminster, Colorado, so I'm quite a bit far from you. When it comes to the coil-overs I believe you can do a google search and find a variety of them on there if not ones from other Nissan cars that fit our years. I look forward to speaking to you again about parts if you still have them.

Taylor L.

mr.strickland

Hi guys!

I've just registered, but have been in and out of these forums reading up on the 200SX cars for a few years now. I own a 1983 200SX Hatchback (which I love) and pretty soon it's going to need a new home. I have a 6 year old boy and a daughter on the way and can't possibly maintain my Datsun or do that restore I've always dreamed about as my priorities have changed. I don't have the details with me now (at work) but will collect and post pictures soon. Just thought I'd start mentioning my plans of selling if there is anyone interested. My Datsun currently resides in San Jose, CA.

Jose

mr.strickland

Sorry it took so long posting back. It's been a very hectic month. Anyways, here are some snapshots and video of the 1983 Datsun 200SX I'm selling.

Odometer: 355,254
Transmission: Automatic
Title: Salvaged (only because someone backed up from a parking lot and hit my left/front lights and the insurance company declared it a total loss just for that - the headlamp has already been replaced).
Tires: 4 Brand New BFGoodrich 185/70R14 BFG T/A Advantage 87T Tires (warranty available) bought and installed at an authorized Goodyear Independent Dealer on July 2015 at 352,929 Miles, also got a computerized 4 wheel alignment.

Runs great. Some squeaks here and there but not bad for a car from 1983. Could be used as is, or maybe a restore project, or for parts to revive another awesome similar Datsun. Only reason I'm selling is because I have other priorities right now and just don't have the time and energy to maintain it.

Asking $1.5k

For inquiries email me at: [email protected]

altec_rizza

Still got the vehicle for sale? if not please remove your ad.

Rampager
Car: Datsun 200sx 1982 coupe

Hello, have Datsun 1982 200sx Coupe nicely taken care for a long time, just a few months ago rear tail lamp right side broke don't know how but have a rush to fix it. If anyone has it for sale please let me know. Thank to all and have a great time.

Rickjames8
Car: 1990 300zx NA

So I have a question for the Datsun gods.

A little background. The year was 1989, and an 17-year-old rickjames8 picks up his first car ever, a 1980 Datsun 200SX for $700. I was cool and it was the fastest car I'd ever driven, but then again my only comparison was our 88 Plymouth Voyager.

I learned so many things on this car. I did bodywork and painted it white to resemble a Nissan 240RS. I learned to change fluids and all that fun stuff. I installed a TV and an Atari2600, which I believe makes it a contender for the first ever in-car gaming system. Yeah, I'm that guy: http://travelhead.com/cars/200sx/. But a bit older now.

My question is this. I clearly remember a very cool warning display just to the right of the gauges. It was either an "edge lit display" or a "light pipe display" that had 5 screens, all in orange. One said "Oil", "Temp", "Batt" and so on, each with the corresponding icon. When I started the car it would run through all 5 screens and then remain off while driving. In all dash photos I've found on the internet, there is a circular clock in that location. In some diagrams, I see a digital clock in this location, but never this warning display.

Now, there is a lot of years between then and now, so am I just imagining this, or does it exist? I took a lot of photos of that car, but none include the dash.

Rickjames8
Car: 1990 300zx NA

mr.strickland wrote:
Ok. I'm not insane. It's here in that video above at 6:43...but only for a brief second.

Why can't I find any photos of this thing on line?

hotpeterj2003
Car: 1982 200sx s110.

Does anyone know where/who makes HEaders for the 200sz z22e motor, i have a 1982 and looking but i am only finding Truck headers, i know they could work, but was hoping to find something specific for the Car, anyone?

roywat76
Car: 1980 datsun 200sx

looking for trim parts for 1980 200sx

tlouk
Car: ???

Reviving an old thread here, currently looking to see if I can find a '81 or '80 200SX hatch back in reasonable shape, located in central Florida.

Umpa Lord
Car: 1982 200SX (s110) Z22E 5 speed

Hey all,

Just got my S110 running after years of barn storage. New fuel and filter, TPS tested good and pressure is spot on. When I start it up and runs up the the rev limiter and sits there. I cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the FAS up and down to no resolution. Fuel pressure is 31 psi but I haven't checked the injectors for fuel dump. I have gone through the shop manual but cant find a thing.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”