1976 B210 Carburetor problem??

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
Msled
Car: 1976 Datsun B210

I have a 1976 Datsun B210; just purchase one week back. Car starts up fine but only if I keep my foot on gas peddle, to keep car running. I drove car 35 mile to get it home in the same condition. But every time I got off the peddle, car would shut down. Already replace fuel pump (was leaking) and fuel filter and have ordered a carburetor kit. But do you think the carburetor is or could be the problem??

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

oh man... i forget the name of the part! but if your carb has the same stupid part that mine does then it could be that... i believe it was some sort of solenoid. mine was doing the same thing and this part needed to be replaced.... I WISH I REMEMBERED WHAT IT WAS CALLED!!! removing it helped it run properly but it 'dieseled' when you turned the ignition off. replacing it fixed the problem

PAGING GREG!!! do you know the answer to this?

Papi Chulo
Car: 72' Datsun 510

^idle cutoff solenoid?

Have you tried adjust the carb at all? Did you order a 32/36?

I don't know 210's very well, if it has an L16 I might be of some help, A series I'm no use lol. *maybe they have the same carb *

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

Papi Chulo wrote:^idle cutoff solenoid?
well that's what i want to call it... but i thought for some reason it had a stupider name

Msled

Hi, thanks for the information. Will give these suggestions a try and get back. Now about this 32/36 is this the number for the correct carb kit that I should buy?

And I have not made any adjustments as yet or know how at this time.

I am trying to fine this Idle cut off solenoid over the Internet, will get back.

Thanks again PEZI & Papi

Msled

Hi, today I’m going to discuss the Choke, Idle screw, initial startup:

Ok first start up this morning B210 started up ran at Hi speed on it’s on; allowed this to go on for about five minutes or more. Notice that choke never opening up and when opening manually engine starts to stall, but I close choke back before stalling out.

I found the idle screw while engine was running, ran screw all the way down there was no change in engine speed.

Adjust throttle screw engine speed did go up and down a little. So after all of this maybe ten minutes has pass now. I open up the choke half way engine stalled out and after stalling engine would not run on its on power without holding foot to peddle.

Idle cutoff solenoid is on order.

Papi Chulo

check all your vacuum lines for leaks/cracks, clean out the jets and read this

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7361&

870nissans
Car: 95 240sx 79 datsun 210

Did U ever figure out the problem?? I have a 79 210 that I bought. For cheap she ran good for about 4 days till I replaced the plug wires then alla sudden it just don't want to stay running. I can spray starter fluid n the carb and it'll run fine till it burns it all out. Guy at parts store said could b accelerator pump in the carb so I rebuilt carb n replaced it but now car won't start at all n less I spray carb cleaner in it. I don't think I rebuilt the carb right but still don't no eat else could b the problem

Msled

No I have not found problem as yet… but as of today (12-29- 09) I believe I mite be looking at a bad- PVC valve and hose. After sticking a bolt into PVC hose cutting off vacuum, engine speed slowed down tremendously. Giving me some Hope car will someday run again!!

Papi Chulo

Msled wrote:No I have not found problem as yet… but as of today (12-29- 09) I believe I mite be looking at a bad- PVC valve and hose. After sticking a bolt into PVC hose cutting off vacuum, engine speed slowed down tremendously. Giving me some Hope car will someday run again!!
I did that lol
870nissans wrote:Did U ever figure out the problem?? I have a 79 210 that I bought. For cheap she ran good for about 4 days till I replaced the plug wires then alla sudden it just don't want to stay running. I can spray starter fluid n the carb and it'll run fine till it burns it all out. Guy at parts store said could b accelerator pump in the carb so I rebuilt carb n replaced it but now car won't start at all n less I spray carb cleaner in it. I don't think I rebuilt the carb right but still don't no eat else could b the problem
This might sound crazy but, firing order correct? 1-3-4-2

and your accelerator pump will not affect idle

Msled

After more investigation would like to change or correct my previous statement about placing bolt in PVC vacuum hose... it was not the PVC hose at all...It's the vacuum hose from intake manifold to three way connector that gos to the bottom of air breather, attach to the idle compensator & temperature sensor assembly.

870nissans
Car: 95 240sx 79 datsun 210

m
Msled wrote:After more investigation would like to change or correct my previous statement about placing bolt in PVC vacuum hose... it was not the PVC hose at all...It's the vacuum hose from intake manifold to three way connector that gos to the bottom of air breather, attach to the idle compensator & temperature sensor assembly.
. My problem wasn't an idle issue it wasn't geting fuel after the carb was rebuilt. Have u gottn yours running yet?? I got mine fixed last week. I re rebuilt the carb to find out the little needle valve that let's fuel into the bowl was sticking n wouldn't open.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”