1966 datsun 520 parts

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
ratdog24

i just got a 520 and need parts someone just listed a bunch on ebay for L520 some prices seem reasonable and all free shipping i don't want to go with aftermarket like oem what are the chances this stuff will pop up again or should i try to get a bundle deal on stuff.

seller link http://www.ebay.com/sch/getchasum/m.htm ... =12&_rdc=1

waynosworld

You have a different idea of what reasonable is than me, I think the guy wants a fortune for the parts myself.
If you don't have it and you want OEM then buy the parts you need if you can, I have not seen a NOS 1966 Datsun 520 grill in years, I think Bob bought the last new one I ever heard of.
It could be 10 years before even half this stuff shows up on ebay again, although if the economy takes a big dump again, one might be able to find all sorts of hard to find parts.
Keep in mind that not all them parts are complete sets.

MikeRL411
Car: 1997J30T, 1967RL411

Waiting for "A Better Deal" will get you no parts available! Take a chance! They just might be OK. Use Paypal and if the parts are crap, protest!

waynosworld

I bought one of these items, not sure anything else sold, but I thought about it long and hard, it would cost me a small fortune to have my stainless steel door trim fixed because that jerk from Thailand took the pieces off with a screwdriver, and then put them in a flat box to ship them, the box got folded over 30 degrees and ruined the top of the window frame parts, so these showed up for $300.00 new(NOS), no one was going to be able to fix mine for that price, so I bid on them and won them, I could hardly believe that no one else bid on them, but they were not a full set either, but my rear upright pieces were not damaged, I was so lucky to get these parts.
They shipped today with a tracking number, I messaged the seller begging him to put them in a box with sides so they would not get bent.
Here are photos of the damaged parts.
They are not supposed to be bent here. :(

ratdog24

these are the ones you just bought or the thialand ones? they look like they have paint on them.

waynosworld

ratdog24 wrote:these are the ones you just bought or the thialand ones? they look like they have paint on them.
The photos are of the ruined Thailand ones that were taken off with a screwdriver, and shipped in a flat box that was damaged during shipping because it was flat.
My new ones are supposed to be here Wednesday(2 days), I will take photos when they get here.

ratdog24

did they get there? i should of bought them LOL

waynosworld

ratdog24 wrote:did they get there? i should of bought them LOL
Yes they arrived, I forgot to mention it.
The description was inaccurate, but I have to say it was to my benefit, it said it was for 2 pieces, but this auction turned out to be a set of stainless steel trim pieces, I could hardly believe it when I pulled the one out of its package, I bought these to have one nice set between what I had and these, but now I have an awesome set and a fixer upper set, which I am sure would cost more to fix than what I paid for this NOS set.
The NOS set
The fixer upper set
The damage caused by using a screwdriver to remove them.
Where it was bent so bad that the edges split, and the face was creased.

ratdog24

very noce on the windo sash looks like the stuff is relisted with lower prices.

DatsoonRandy
Car: 1966 Datsun 520 truck

Restoring a 66 520> Anybody done that?

waynosworld

I did this to my 1966 Datsun 520.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”