19" Wheels for Blue Rogue: Zentralle, or Konkave?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

mistergib wrote:I've been modding my cars all my life...and literally lived by the adage thatwheels make the car....and I still believe that.

Now, in these days of the 18"rims and larger, I've learned a lesson inwhat to consider. My last three cars, I opted for the larger diameter wheels....and they looked great, but the thing that was very prevalentwas the decrease in ride comfort and the increase in tire noise.....you take away the amount of side wall height and it takes away your ridecomfort proportionately, the larger the wheel, the rougher the ride.

Since ride comfort and quiet riding tires were MY preferences, and if Iwanted the good looks of the larger diameter wheels, then I'd better buy tires that were as quiet and soft-rubbered as I could. Its ALL in what YOU prefer.

Again, I LOVE the look of the larger diameter wheels and yours should lookfantastic on your Rogue, I just found thru trial and error that I preferredride comfort over maximum looks...different strokes for different folks. IfI upgrade the wheels on mine, I will probably be sticking with the 17's.

Good luck with yours...can't wait to see some pics with them on...then, Imight re-evaluate my preferences....who knows??
I agree with you on tide comfort, and my experience is the same as yours. However, based on past experience of my own, it really depends more on just how much or how little side wall we're talking about, more so than percentage decrease from stock. Here's my wheel and tire chart for my previous car, the Scion tC:

Here is my wheel and tire chart for our Rogue:

As you can see, on the Rogue with 19" wheels, there is still more tire between the wheel and the road than is stock for the Scion tC, whose ride is actually quite compliant. This was my primary reason (along with the larger range of tire options) for deciding against going over 19". I feel that the damping of the Rogue's suspension is only slightly firmer than a stock tC's (as are the springs).

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the ride will firmer than stock, but I am fully confident that it will still be well in the comfortable range (for me). I also would not recommend going over 19".

-Ed

philipa_240sx

What, no Dubs?

Let us know how you make out with 19's. Are you going to use TPMS sensors or ditch them altogether?

EddNog

philipa_240sx wrote:What, no Dubs?

Let us know how you make out with 19's. Are you going to use TPMS sensors or ditch them altogether?
Heeeeeeck no (on the Dubs)!

My dad has a Rogue 2.5S. I'm going to give him my stock wheels and tires from my 2.5SL, then take the steelies off his 2.5S, remove the sensors from his wheels, and have them install them when they mount and balance the tires on my new wheels. We'll follow up with having the dealership reprogram both our cars to take the new sensor IDs.

-Ed

mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

Now thats a good chart....I'll be waiting on your review of yourtires and wheels....then, we'll see how I think?? Thanks Ed...

EddNog

Wheels are on!

Will make a separate post for the tire review.

-Ed

denrama

Holy cow! They are very nice. They really stand out.

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

EddNog wrote:Wheels are on!

-Ed
EddNog wrote:Wheels are on!

-Ed
Where did you find those polished aluminum looking covers for the rear view mirrors and fog lights?

EddNog

Hi there.

Those aren't covers--it's professionally painted by a friend of mine who does bodywork.

-Ed

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

EddNog wrote:Hi there.

Those aren't covers--it's professionally painted by a friend of mine who does bodywork.

-Ed
Then I guess that means I won't be able to purchase them for mine. It looks good with that.

EddNog

kcfm wrote:Then I guess that means I won't be able to purchase them for mine. It looks good with that.
Unfortunately, that is true. Thanks, though!

Maybe you can do a small startup and begin to make said covers for all sorts of cars and make a little money on it. Just a thought--would take a great deal of seed capital, though.

-Ed

rays

did you lower your ride?

i was thinking maybe get some 18" , just afraid without lowering the car it would look awful.

EddNog

rays wrote:did you lower your ride?

i was thinking maybe get some 18" , just afraid without lowering the car it would look awful.
Hello...

The car was at stock height when I shot those images. I recently got the car lowered, but have not yet had the opportunity to get the car washed for photos. It's probably one of the dirtiest cars on the road right now. I'll shoot and post pics as soon as I can get the poor thing cleaned up. Those pictures I have already posted are with 19" wheels at stock height; when I get to post pictures of it lowered, you can compare the difference in how it looks.

-Ed

rays

was the look ackward with 19" and not lowered?

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

Nice! I personally like something a little more unique, but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

I have a 2009 Indigo Blue Rogue, so those pictures helped me see what diferent rims will look like. I just got my Rogue in Sept, so hopefully in 2009, I'll get some.

EddNog

rays wrote:was the look ackward with 19" and not lowered?
Personally, I think it looked fine. To me, a tastefully chosen, properly sized set of wheels and tires looks great, even at stock height. I'm not even sure why an upgrade to 19" wheels would look awkward just because of stock ride height; if that's the case, then it's the wheels that don't look right, and still won't look right at lowered height. At least that's my take on it.

-Ed

EddNog

2009 Indigo Blue wrote:Nice! I personally like something a little more unique, but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

I have a 2009 Indigo Blue Rogue, so those pictures helped me see what diferent rims will look like. I just got my Rogue in Sept, so hopefully in 2009, I'll get some.
Interesting; any examples?

Thanks!

-Ed

EddNog

Here are the pictures of it lowered that I took today (clicking any picture brings it up in 1600x1200):

-Ed

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

EddNog wrote:
Interesting; any examples?

Thanks!

-Ed
Well, I like all except the 3rd one on this page:

http://www.victoriatire.com/pa...tAt=7

EddNog

2009 Indigo Blue wrote:
Well, I like all except the 3rd one on this page:

http://www.victoriatire.com/pa...tAt=7
Ah, I see--so something a little more similar to my other choice originally, the Konkaves, but with more of a chrome finish. Cool...

-Ed

rays

what brand and model spring did you use? just changed the spring? or did you change the shock too.

EddNog

rays wrote:what brand and model spring did you use? just changed the spring? or did you change the shock too.
Springs only--I have not yet seen aftermarket springs or shocks for the Rogue hit the market, in fact. The springs I used are H&R's sport springs for the Nissan Qashqai/Dualis, which I ordered from the UK. This is, almost certainly, the one and only lowered Rogue on the streets of America. I did a quick search around, but nothing really extensive, for aftermarket shocks/struts, but I wasn't about to order full suspension replacement from overseas.

-Ed

Wsh_skins21
Car: 2008 wicked black nissan rogue

first off, very nice choice of rims imo Eddnog .. looks great. i was wondering how much you spent on lowering your car..?

Wsh_skins21

Also, i was wanting your guys input on whether or not these would look good on a wicked black rogue(don't mean to steal your thread nog, just thought this was relevant enough instead of opening up a new thread)...

i persoanlly like the black on black look. think it will go well with my tinted windows and de-badged rear. they are 18" and i was going to wrap them in a 245-50-18 tire. not sure on the tire yet, still doing research. any input/advice/opinions will be appreciated.

thanks!

EddNog

Wsh_skins21 wrote:first off, very nice choice of rims imo Eddnog .. looks great. i was wondering how much you spent on lowering your car..?
Thanks! Honestly, it ended up costing me a lot more than I ought to spend. The springs wound up costing me $550 shipped, with tax and duties included. Then I paid my dealership for seven hours labor. While that did include the cost of an alignment, I still probably should have considered a different place to get the work done, but from previous experiences, I didn't know if I should trust any other shop, as the last place to do suspension work on my previous car (a Scion tC) did a great job on the suspension install, but left my interior a mess (have to undo some of the interior to get to the rear shock towers). The dealership did a proper job and gave me back my car in better shape then when I brought it in (interior in perfect shape, and they even washed the outside for me).
Wsh_skins21 wrote:Also, i was wanting your guys input on whether or not these would look good on a wicked black rogue(don't mean to steal your thread nog, just thought this was relevant enough instead of opening up a new thread)...thanks!
I'm a big fan of the multispoke look, as you can tell, and these wheels would definitely be quite befitting of the murdered-out look. Are these Enkei J10s? Do they come in a single-piece look (no studs)?

You're in Colorado--will you be running dedicated winter tires, or just all-seasons?

-Ed

Wsh_skins21

EddNog wrote:I'm a big fan of the multispoke look, as you can tell, and these wheels would definitely be quite befitting of the murdered-out look. Are these Enkei J10s? Do they come in a single-piece look (no studs)?

You're in Colorado--will you be running dedicated winter tires, or just all-seasons?

-Ed
I too, really like the multi spoke look..They are the Enkei LF-10's.. i do not believe they come in the single peice look, although i could be wrong..

i intend to run just all-season tires there is quite a short list that i could find with all-season tires that are the size of 245-50-18, although im still looking.

Thanks!

EddNog

Wsh_skins21 wrote:
I too, really like the multi spoke look..They are the Enkei LF-10's.. i do not believe they come in the single peice look, although i could be wrong..

i intend to run just all-season tires there is quite a short list that i could find with all-season tires that are the size of 245-50-18, although im still looking.

Thanks!
I can heartily recommend the Yokohama Advan S.4. which is what I'm using, and they do come in that size. They aren't cheap, though.

-Ed

Wsh_skins21

EddNog wrote:I can heartily recommend the Yokohama Advan S.4. which is what I'm using, and they do come in that size. They aren't cheap, though.

-Ed
Thanks Ed! .. i'll definitely look into those.

Return to “Rogue Forum”