15 Altima S Front Speaker Wires

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
nate154
Car: 2015 Altima S

On both my front doors the wires are red and green. I haven't found any wiring info out there that match my car. I did a multimeter test on them and found on the driver door the red is negative and green positive, and on the passenger, the red is positive and green negative. I don't know if this is right. It sounds good, though, with my new speakers hooked up. I don't know if it would sound bad if I had them wired wrong.

With the multimeter, I set it to DC Millivolts and touched the leads to the speaker wires until the negative symbol went away.

macgiver

mac, your kind of asking with the positive vs negative of the R + L ? Is called phasing ,and there usuallyl IS a pronounced sonic difference - you MAY like one over the other .If each speaker your talking about has the red and green AND NEITHER WIRES ARE GROUNDED but FLOATING back to the Head Unit ? Just reverse ANY L or R speaker wires on the speaker ,ie. -If red on pos & green on neg. then put green on pos. and red on neg. for ONLY ONE SIDE. And it seems someone MAY have already done this - cause you said wiring does NOT match ea. speaker - and so YOU may like it back the way it was , If 'n it was ? :inout:

nate154

I got back in there and went ahead and popped the speakers- the multimeter tests were all correct. The driver wires- the red is negative and the green positive. And, oddly, on the passenger side, the the red is actually the positive and the green the negative.

nate154

^^^^ I can't edit it, but that is not correct.

I popped them again but using this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALJ4DQhI78

Both front speakers: the red is negative and green positive. The multimeter test I was using was not correct.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”