08 Nissan Quest won't start.

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Country15
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest

My 2008 Nissan Quest will not start. When turning the key, it clicks one time, every time. It won't turn over. I bought a new battery and new connectors for the battery terminals. I also bought a new starter with solenoid attached. It still would not turn over. I took the starters and battery to get tested at an O'Reilly's and everything tested great. I took back the new starter.

When I put the old starter back on in and out the battery back on in and hooked it up, made sure all the wires were connected and snug, the vehicle then started. It ran decent for about 5 days, then I went to see a friend an hour away, went to a few places and it was fine. Went to a store and it will not start again. I made sure everything was on right. I went to a shop across the street and they hooked their meter up to the battery and it read nothing. The guy told me it's probably running less than 6 volts. So I took it to O'Reilly's again and they hooked it up and it said 12.6 volts so the battery is fine.

I don't think it's the alternator because if it was, shouldn't the battery be drained more? I've tried numerous things and I can't figure it out. Also note that I've tried jumping the battery off of different vehicles and it just clicked like it does. It did not turn over. If anyone could help with this issue or knows what's going on, I would greatly appreciate some advice or answers. Thank you.
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

m tr4nch
Car: RS13, Z31, P11

if you've tried a new battery and starter, i would guess the alternator is the last thing. also make sure there isn't any corrosion on the battery terminals and where the ground cable bolts to the body. when an alternator dies, the car will start doing weird things like that, so i would look there. i had a similar problem years ago with a bad alternator, it killed my battery, and then fried a new battery in about a day or two (me thinking it was the battery). i swapped out the alternator and it ran fine after that. just my 2 cents.

Country15
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest

If it is the alternator, I'm confused as to why it didn't drain the battery after 5 days of running good.

Return to “Quest Forum”