08 G35 compressor failure, replacement won't kick on

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Zjwex
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35 Base

So, my comp grenaded on me. I bought a used replacement, but waited until the hotter months to bother fixing it. I finally slapped it on, new accumulator as well, and when charging it up, I can't get it to kick on.

So, after some searching I found the FSM and spent hours trying to go through it to see if I could find the connector specs to test the circuit to make sure it's getting signal. Can't find it anywhere. I do the self diagnose test and that gives me no information, I check for the relay and it doesn't have one. So that leads me to believe it's either the switch or something else entirely.

I rockauto a switch, and still nothing. So I'm left out in the dust. I'm not always good with Technical manuals if they don't give consistent and objective ways to find the information and working in Nissan parts before, I know they don't always use the most logical part names. So if anyone could help me out it would be great.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend the hundreds it'll take to go to the Infiniti dealer to have them figure it out. I unfortunately don't have the thousands of dollars worth of tools to do much more than circuit checks. So if you know where I can get the data for any of the connectors, it would be a huge help. Thank you.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Have you checked for blown fuses?

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 08/HAC.pdf

See page HAC-106

Good luck

DFW2011M56S
Car: 2011 M56S

Assuming you vacuumed the system and recharged it or atleast have pressure in the system. Hook a test light in place of the clutch, start the car and turn on the a/c. Its not uncommon to have a bad clutch. My clutch failed with an open coil earlier this summer. I had power to the clutch but no clutch operation. I ohmed the clutch coil and it was open internally. Make sure you plugged the pressure sensor back in on the drier.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”