'08-'12 Armada/QX56 Watch DVD's on your Navigation Screen!

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
kangaruz

I purchased all the items to do this install to my 2011 QX56 including a DPDT switch from Radioshack. From what i remember there were only 2 DPDT switches that i had to choose from. A light duty switch and a heavy duty switch. I couldn't really figure out the difference in the two in the packaging but i think i went with the light duty. My question is where did everyone mount the switch. I thought about mounting it somewhere along the wall of the cubby where the usb port is for easy access and to hide it. But then i also thought it would be convenient to mount the switch on the blank beside the on off power door switch. Does anyone have any pictures or other suggestions of where to mount the button?

marctronixx

i mounted the switch under the dash near the IBS button. ive a 2012.

chommer
Car: Nissan Altima 2015

Hi all
I am a recent owner of a 2015 Nissan Altima 2.5 sv with a 7 inch nav display. Can I follow instructions to bypass the the parking switch to watch DVD/video.. Sorry on my cell here.
Buy a switch and ground what I need? Anyone done did to this car?

Thank you in advance

marctronixx

if no one has done this yet, get the service manual for your car and look in the audio video section. look for parking brake and vss. you need to tap into these to make this mod work.

but do you have a dvd player in the altima? do you have the capability to play videos on the front screen?

chommer
Car: Nissan Altima 2015

I am not too sure. I know when I put it on reverse video shows. I'm just guessing it old play video. But I'm not sure if the head deck will play DVD I will thinking using Bluetooth or aux imput.

marctronixx

yeah if you dont have a dvd player or some type of input (sd slot, usb port, etc) that can play videos, you may not be able to use this mod...

Mada
Car: 2008 Nissan Armada

Hi, I just bought a used 2008 Nissan Armada. I am trying to get the front screen to work while in motion. I don't have navigation. I realize that the 2 wires are 106 and 107. Speed sensor and e-brake. Does anyone know were these wires are? I know they are on the 16-32 pin behind the radio. I just need to know which ones. There is another diagram for this same radio but it has navigation and is totally different then what I have. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks..

marctronixx

get the service manual. it should be avail here or at nissanhelp dot com.

once you see the harness, you will find the wires. just grab the service manual.

Scooptee1
Car: QX56

Can anyone help me in doing this to my qx56.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”