'04 350z engine in an '03 Altima?

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
Retell
Car: '03 Nissan Altima SE V6 5Spd

So I'm getting to the point where I actually have the money to buy a new engine for my beloved Altima. So I have started looking around for engines. I found someone locally with a vq35de out of an '04 350z with rear damage 80k on it and I talked him down to $500. I know the 350z's are VIN A and the Altima is Vin D. Does anyone have any insight if it is still usable? What the differences are?

On a side note, has anyone done a VQ37VHR or VQ35HR swap yet?

I've been lurking on NissanForums but am new here.
A little info thread about my engine drop:

Competing forum link removed :nono:

My Engine removal was due to a bad timing tensioner and burning oil, I decided it wasn't economical to fix.

fivesevenS13

I doubt it, the 350Z motors are mounted north-south and the Altimas are east-west. The mounts are probly wayyy different knowing nissan, they did that with the SRs. But im no VQ expert so dont take this as fact lol

schmellyfart
Car: 1997 Nissan Maxima

No, you will have to use a VQ35 from a FWD car. ie Maxima, Altima, Quest etc

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

Intake manifolds are completely different. The 350Z/G35 version has the starter used on the right side of the engine but it has an applicable hole on the other side of the bell housing that looks like you would mount the FWD starter in its location. The manifolds would obviously be different too. I'm not entirely sure if it can be done...but if it can you would have to change a lot of things i would imagine.

jerryd1987
Car: 03 350z many mods inc next year

theres a spacer for the clutch/flywheel on the fwd cars that the rwd dosnt have.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”