Everyone Please Read!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

first, i'd like to thank everyone for making this forum the hot spot for KAT enthusiasts. some of you may not realize it, but this place gets a lot of attention.

second, i'd like to thank all of the different shops/companies that have taken the time to post here. all of the info that you guys have been willing to share with us has been greatly appreciated.

now on to the purpose of this thread...

everyone should know that advertising by non-sponsoring vendors is prohibited by NICO. it's etched in stone like the ten commandments and it's not going to change. vendors have every right to choose not to become sponsors, but this puts them in a peculiar position. how can they mingle with the masses who ask questions about price, products, availabilty etc, etc...and not break forum policy or appear to be rude by not answering? i know i get excited to see all the newfound interest that vendors now have in our long overlooked KA powerplant, and i want to know all there is to know. this may not be fair to non-sponsoring vendors who want to hang out here.

this forum (hell, NICO as a whole) has an atmosphere like none other on the net. everyone is like family and we're all comfortable with one another. i hate being the evil mod that has to come down on companies/shops that accidentally step over the fine line between providing information and advertising. so that no one has to walk on eggshells, i ask that all of us please refrain from asking questions directed to non-sponsoring vendors that pertain to pricing and availibilty. with a little leg work outside of the forums, i'm sure we can get all of that info without making anyone uncomfortable. this place is going to continue to grow, and i'd like for everyone to feel as welcome as i did when i first got here.

in the future, i'll be editing/deleting any questions that cross this gray area.

-demetrius

JonnyB4Real

demcj wrote:first, i'd like to thank everyone for making this forum the hot spot for KAT enthusiasts. some of you may not realize it, but this place gets a lot of attention.

-demetrius

your welcome, every chance I get to point someone in this forums direction I do. Have sent at least 20.

now on to the NICO family thing, I dont really venture out of the N/A KA and KA-T forums here. But as far as the KA-T forums being friendly I think its because anytime we talk about our turbo KA plans elsewhere were given the usual "get an SR" response and I mean everywhere elsewhere. This is the one place we can go to get all the info we could ever want, and if it aint here, we can post and get the answers we seek. I might not post here much but I do post a lot on tamparacing, we have a pretty good community there but it is mostly SR boys who think they know it all. Anyways Im glad to have a forum to go to like this one and Im glad your thankful for this forum, that is all.

***edit - wow, Ive been reading this forum for a few months just about everyday and only have 3 posts :)

Jon

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

^ Two BRILLIANT posts... Great reading for any new person, shows the true flava of NICO.

Welcome home, newbies! We're glad you chose to hang out at NICO. :)

Baron Fel
Car: 1991 S13 onevia

Thanks Guys, I'll Be comming here a lot for info and install tips as I begin my turbo project

andrave
Car: assorted

no way! nico sucks! I think we should all go over to the zilvia KA-T forum....

*oh thats right there is no KA-T forum there, if there was it would be filled with posts like "WHY R U GUYS SO DUMB? SR20 OWNS JU JDM JO MOMMA."

lol kudo's to nico for being cool and not waving around the banstick like the olympic torch.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”