Fantasy 2012 Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ryepow

I thought I would give a try at refreshing the look of the Rogue. I am calling it the fantasy 2012 Rogue as I am guessing a real refresh will be unveiled around 2012. So I guess when that day arrives, we can compare the two. I was inspired by the 370Z and the new Maxima. I thought you all might enjoy the results. Changes include new lights, front bumper and grill, larger back side windows, new wheels, and ground effects, turn signals on mirrors. Oh yeah, I made sure to include a locking gas cap.

Feel free to share your vision of the next Rogue.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

It would truly be ideal if it came with the Z's 3.7 V6!!!! And it would truly be in my garage.

Nice work.

Ray

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

haha the rims look so good and suit it i was about to say why is ur rear tire smaller than your front(first pic)

but that would look HOT regardless of the engine

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

What you did looks good, that gives the Rogue a little Infinity look, so you are probably not far.

My guesses:- Projectors headlights and LEDs tail lights (yes, I know, it is turning into an obsession) - No V6, it is for the EX Infinity, not the Rogue, but they could have a hybrid version of the Rogue like the Honda Insight (so not a real hybrid like the Toyota Prius but would help a lot on the fuel economy... and we already have the CVT ).- Exterior look will probably move towards the new Murano and FX.

philipa_240sx

crayb wrote:It would truly be ideal if it came with the Z's 3.7 V6!!!! And it would truly be in my garage.
Then you would have a Murano, not a Rogue. Or an EX/FX35 if AWD/RWD is your preference.

It's interesting to note that the Rogue has the largest displacement and power compared to it's brothers the Qashqai and Dualis.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Exactly, the Rogue engine is already large enough, that is the point with this vehicle, good performance and awesome fuel efficiency. Adding a much larger V6 defeats the purpose, because if this is what you want you can buy the Murano, so I'm sure this wont' happen. The hybrid concept with a smaller displacement engine might be more likely, and also a few more standard options will definately be available such as Nav, Sat radio, backup camera, possibly auto headlights?

I like the idea of a larger back window, I'd max that sucker out to the limits of what is structurally possible if it were my choice!!!

philipa_240sx

It's interesting that Toyota is now starting to expand thier offerings with more 4 cylinder options. The Highlander and Venza are now available with a 2.7L 4 cyl and the Camry and RAV4 just received a new 2.5L engine.

Anyway, back to the Rogue discussion...

At the recent shareholders meeting in June, Nissan had recently stated that some of thier new projects are 'on hold' until the economy improves. They are also focusing some 70% of their research/engineering budget on environmentally friendly technologies. In addition, much of their focus is going to be on the upcoming launch of Nissan's electric car.

For 2009, there are only a few confirmed new product launches. The new G37 and 370Z convertibles being the only new North American product.

Nissan Global Press Room - Financial Results, Shareholder Meetings, Speeches

I would not be surprised to see a 'mid-cycle' update for the Rogue delayed until 2012 (normally it would be scheduled for 2011, on the 4th model year) and an all new model in 2014. Our first indicator will be an updated Qashqai/Dualis model. They are a year 'younger' than the Rogue and would likely see an update first.

Ryepow

Thanks for the compliments. Here is one more... Enjoy!

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

The Murano is a much larger vehicle and the front of it is HIDEOUS!! The Ford Escape, Rav-4, and numerous other small utes offer V6 engines that are very popular with buyers. It's all in what you want. I like HP.

I own a G35 and can imagine what type of vehicle the Rogue "could" be with the Nissan V6. The EX is unattractive to me as well, test drove it several times.

Ryepow, those wheels look awesome on the Rogue.

Ray

philipa_240sx

I love HP too... but I also like good fuel economy.

Too bad Nissan doesn't offer the 280HP 2.0L turbo motor from the last gen X-Trail anymore... that would move the Rogue with some authority!

jon'snissan

Love your renderings. I happen to have a few of my own as well (I am a novice photoshop user). So, tell me what you think!!

Jon'sNissan

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

going rogue
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Your pictures are not visible, jon. Please try again.

Couz
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

The front grill is amazing.

Qashqai

Thank god you are not a designer for Nissan. All of them looked terrible.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

:fap:
Last edited by casperfun on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

I could see Nissan going with that type of front end for the 2nd Gen.
The Maxima, Z,Gtr,Juke has the sharp slim headlamp look. I'm pretty excited to see the 2nd Gen Rogue now.

Qashqai wrote:Thank god you are not a designer for Nissan. All of them looked terrible.
x2 lol I hate 370zs so much lol
But I hope the 2nd Gens look more aggressive than cute Casper looking cars.
Like the Maxima the meanest Nissan of all !

Return to “Rogue Forum”