JustClay Build Thread - 1993 SR Vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
justclay
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX SE Convertible

Alright, I've been contemplating doing a build thread for a while, and figured why not.

The car is a 1993 240SX Vert. I bought the car from a private seller while I was still stationed in Afghanistan. When I got home in May (09), I started building the vert in the hopes that someday it might be as nice as some of the other ones on this forum.

At the same time I bought the Vert, I bought an SR20DET motorset from a mechanic friend. He sold me the SR along with a bunch of other goodies, such as a T3/T4 turbo. Everything is cleaned, polished and ready to go into the car in the next two weeks. Since I have gotten the car, I have done the suspension work and the 5-lug/brake swap. The platform is set for the SR.

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...the spec list and pictures:

Mod List:1993 Red 240SX SE VertSR20DET MotorsetGreddy 5qt Oil PanSpec II pressure plateGodspeed IntercoolerNISMO Motor and tranny mountsCut-down wiring harnessB&M Short shifter5-speed conversionT3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo with lines, manifod, etc.Koyo Radiator (Used and in used shape)Test PipeHKS SSQV BOVZ32 MAFWalboro 255LPH fuel pumpNISMO Adjustable FPRISIS Exhaust (looks and sounds great)Cometic Head gasketsARP head studsRocker Arm StoppersDNA Manual Boost ControllerAutometer boost guage38mm Tial WastegateKSport Coilovers (they suck - don't buy them)Godspeed Tension Control Rods, RUCA's Front and rear sway barsBC Subframe bushingsBC stage II camsBC Valve springs Sard 850cc injectorsVLSDZ32 front drilled and slotted rotors/calipersSkyline Rear brakes w/ drilled/slotted rotors5-Lug ConversionEnthalpy ECUZ32 Ebrake cables350Z wheels (had 3-piece Volk Racing rims but they didn't fit)Some other stuff I can't think of right now.

The car the day I got home:

The way it sits right now:

Painting the calipers before/after and brakes:

Doin' some work:

Exhaust:

Fuel Pump:

What's to come:

What SHOULD have been:

Thanks for reading my post! Looking forward to your feedback!

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

i like where this is going

Idahos13
Car: 93 240sx hatchback

The build looks awesome man! Good luck!

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

vert looks good man. Where are you stationed at. Im in fort bragg. What service are you in?

justclay

Thanks for the compliments!

I was a contractor stationed over there. I worked for the Army Education Office in Bagram Air Base. Currently, I reside in Cary, NC, about an hour and some change from Ft. Bragg. I plan to hit the drag strip in Fayetteville once I get the SR in and through the break in stage.

giantR32typeM
Car: 1993 nissan skyline R32 gts-t type M

clean

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

Did you do all the work yourself. I have been reading alot and it sounds like a straight through swap. So im going to try to do it myself just wondering what was the hardest part of the swap?

justclay

I am doing the swap right now, mostly on my own, but with the help of my uncle and a friend. They have been instrumental and totally necessary because some things are pretty heavy. The hardest parts are the internals (cams, valves springs, retainers, RAS, etc.) and the wiring harness. Other than that I think that most of it is pretty straight forward. We'll see at the end of next week how it went.

justclay

Here's an update...I've been procrastinating on this. I have finally finished my SR Swap and everything is running great. Here are some pics of the build process.

The KA coming out!

Out with the old

Engine Bay Pre-paint

Engine Bay During Paint

Engine Bay and Intercooler fitting after paint

Head gasket, ARP studs

BC Cams, springs, retainers, and RAS

The final push to get her started!

After it's all said and done!

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

looks damn good

justclay

Thanks! It's fun. Boost is set at 17 right now...and it seems to pull pretty firm.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”