Emance or not? :/

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
gingerbredman
Car: 93 SE hatch, ~260k miles on the clock, 15" Enkei 92s, still stock. 2009 Sonata bouncing on Eibachs.

So I've been reading some bad-news posts about Jason/Emance. Blown ka-t's, too rich of conditions, etc. Is Emance just another "hit-or-miss" thing or what? I was planning on having Jason tune for my specific setup and have been emailing him with details because shortly (soon as I sell 1 of my hatches) I'm moving on with the build.

The price is what set me on having an Emance tune, but the very last thing I need right now is a blown motor.

Anyways I don't have the money for a JWT or Enthalpy so I'm just gonna have to revert my cams back to stock and all

I have my stock intake cam 1 tooth ccw and the power picks up at 3500 and goes to wherever I shift (6k normally) and I that's how I wanted my tune for my turbo setup. See when I went from 248/248 cams back to stock my power band was crazy low, like 2k to 4k or so, just tooo much low-end and above 4000rpm the motor would just scream and I'm not moving.. like a Honda.

I made 110% sure my cams were dead on spot in stock positions when I initially re-installed them too, but it's been too long to remember how my ka felt stock.. all I know is a 9.44s 1/8th mile was the norm back then, and right now it sure doesn't feel like it

Anyways, so what's the deal with Emance?

kouki_hmongster
Car: Want 97 kouki

i preferr anything else like JWT or Enthalpy over emance. dont waste your money, too many people w/ bad experience. you cannot cheap out on your tune. My buddy didnt even last a week w/emance LOL. what a waste. If you dont want to pay for a good tune then you shouldnt even boost at all.

Search....there are many things about emance...more bad than good...

JS13240
Car: 91 240sx

My luck with Enthalpy:zerothread?id=386311

And others with Emance:zer...age=1

kouki_hmongster
Car: Want 97 kouki

JS13240 wrote:My luck with Enthalpy:zerothread?id=386311

And others with Emance:zer...age=1
How's your car? did you ever resolve the issue? when i got my car built and started up, it was super rich to the point that it was shooting out gas from tail pipe. then it was weird how it adjusted and started running good from that day on. and it's Enthalpy ECU, (about 3 weeks ago i emailed scott and he replied pretty fast and was helpful)i also got my car dyno tuned and it's on the spot for WOT afr, crusin afr is perfect high 14 to low 15's.

Hopefullly everything works out fine.

2FourTee
Car: 96 240sx - Supercharged ka24de

Stay away from e-mance. Jason is a shady character who I would NEVER do business with again.

j24ghost
Car: contour svt

good to know for future info

gingerbredman
Car: 93 SE hatch, ~260k miles on the clock, 15" Enkei 92s, still stock. 2009 Sonata bouncing on Eibachs.

Wow.. Okay then I reckon I'll just tune the booger myself well, I guess you can't honestly expect perfection to come in the mail.

I guess I'll be getting a piggyback for now, once I get a wideband. I've got a buddy running 13psi on his turbo miata upstate and he's running Megasquirt. So far it's working out for him, apparently, but not without fleas here and there.

Until I upgrade injectors I guess I won't need it though if I just run an FMU.. Jeewhiz I'm glad you guys flashed me with the news on Enthalpy and Emance cause I'm only 1 kae and 1 s13 hatch shell from getting all of my turbo crap straight, finally, maybe.. i don't know..

eh well thanks guys for the enlightenment, very much appreciated to all.

*I know you guys would charbroil me for asking if you could compensate for an atmospheric blow-off with a piggy back so..I'm not going to ask. Just thought that.. nah nevermind. Pigs don't fly, I gotta grow up, right?

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

I tried my very best for Jason's tune to work with my setup...

It didn't 4 revisions and 10:1 afr at idle...

The guy is a con artist, and while he may have stolen a few good tunes to make a few people happy, he's a plague to the Ka-T community.

As hard as it seems, save up the few hundreds more for a good tune, you'll have you're car running faster, which is worth more than having it down for months trying to "reason with jason"

gingerbredman

Cool.. Thanks for the insight.. So can Enthalpy or JWT tune for complicated tunes like different cam orientations? I got an iffy answer on that when I asked Jason/Emance about it. He said he could.. eh..

I know my ka's running better with my intake the way I have it. I ran a prelude one night whilst I had my cams in stock position and he smoked me.. the other night I ran an integra and smoked him. Both had bolt-ons (header,exhaust,intake) while I have nothing but electric fans and a battery-tray intake.

I have a good feeling about it, oh and just got my clutch in today!! now I gotta wait on the flywheel

..the more time I spend waiting to fix my se up the more I realize I can't afford to lose anything by rushing it.

So hey, in you guys' opinion, which is better/more consistent quality of a tune out of JWT or Enthalpy? I've heard JWT tunes kinda rich for safety, which is cool I guess. Haven't heard too much about Enthalpy in while though..

JS13240
Car: 91 240sx

kouki_hmongster wrote:
How's your car? did you ever resolve the issue? when i got my car built and started up, it was super rich to the point that it was shooting out gas from tail pipe. then it was weird how it adjusted and started running good from that day on. and it's Enthalpy ECU, (about 3 weeks ago i emailed scott and he replied pretty fast and was helpful)i also got my car dyno tuned and it's on the spot for WOT afr, crusin afr is perfect high 14 to low 15's.

Hopefullly everything works out fine.
Its running with a stock ecu, 370's, and an safc for right now. I sent an email to Scott on March 6 about getting a refund and he still hasn't replied. I can't use the ecu so its kinda bs.

I've spent over $500 getting second opinions that confirm I've been right about the ecu. My first email after getting the car together was March 28 2008. If he didn't blame the problem on everything else I could have been driving my car for a year now. I havent heard anything bad about JWT yet so I may be going that direction when I have the funds.

gingerbredman

Good stuff to know.. I still can't decide between a piggy or a rom tune though, I guess only running 7psi I won't need a rom tune, eh but then again the cost of a wideband and piggy-back itself will equal or exceed a rom tune.. I gotta catch some zzz's

240sxvaj
Car: 1991 240sx fastback KA-T- SOLD!
1994 MKIV TT-Daily/Track

JS13240 wrote:
Its running with a stock ecu, 370's, and an safc for right now. I sent an email to Scott on March 6 about getting a refund and he still hasn't replied. I can't use the ecu so its kinda bs.

I've spent over $500 getting second opinions that confirm I've been right about the ecu. My first email after getting the car together was March 28 2008. If he didn't blame the problem on everything else I could have been driving my car for a year now. I havent heard anything bad about JWT yet so I may be going that direction when I have the funds.
JWT should be good since they are easy to reach, i should of got a tune from them. since i only lived about 2 hours away, could of got a base tune then got a fine tune off the dyno from them, would be badASS. but i am pretty satisfied w/ my enthalpy. i wish he would of at least gave you a refund instead of stop replyin. 500 is a lot of money and i would go crazy. again GL.

mixeds14
Car: 240

dude thas the $hities tune money can possably buy, i bought the damn chip, n paid 125 plus sent him my ecu n another 50 bucks to install it n im having so much crap goin on with this car, thats not even mine, n still is crap dont matter what i do.im fixin to take that crap off n just run the safc, i probably comeout better...

btw i been tryin to get in touch with jason to see if i can get another tuned, n no answer... dont waste your money like i n so many others...

man this is so f-up

Modified by mixeds14 at 6:31 PM 4/16/2009
Modified by mixeds14 at 6:33 PM 4/16/2009

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”