Can anyone source JDM Odyssey Headlights?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
phatjo911

Like the title says, can anyone source JDM Odyssey lights?

A website or something would be nice.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

please tell me your not tryng to do that conversion that was posted here a while ago.....

why would you look for HONDA headlights on a NISSAN forum?!?!?!?!

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

waittttt a 240sx isnt a honda????

phatjo911

[QUOTE=ashibah83]please tell me your not tryng to do that conversion that was posted here a while ago.....QUOTE] I am

ashibah83

sorry man i dont mean to insult you, BUT....if you dont know where to look for the major part of the conversion(other than LOADS of labor and bodywork knowledge) then i have no faith in you being able to pull it off even halfway decent....im sorry but for that i gve you......

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

jesus. let the man do what he wants to do. he will probably find someone who can source jdm parts here just as much as on a honda forum.

hotrodjoseph

phatjo911 wrote:
ashibah83 wrote:please tell me your not tryng to do that conversion that was posted here a while ago.....QUOTE] I am
why waste a 240 go buy a honda

S13Joe
Car: 92 Coupe

ashibah83 wrote:please tell me your not tryng to do that conversion that was posted here a while ago.....

why would you look for HONDA headlights on a NISSAN forum?!?!?!?!
You guys are so ghey with the whole Honda bashing s***. That conversion was f***ing nice as hell and if I had the money I would be all over it.

ashibah83

dude i NEVER told him not to do it, i just said that i dont think it will look anywhere near ok if he did it, please, PLEASE prove me wrong, but thats my opinion based on what the OP has put forward

xX RB Xx
Car: SE3P, FC3S, FC3C.

DirtyGhettoKids wrote:
You guys are so ghey with the whole Honda bashing s***. That conversion was f***ing nice as hell and if I had the money I would be all over it.
i agree with you one the honda bashing... it gets old fast..

but i disagree on the conversion.. it as nice in regards to the body work but it didnt look nice in appearance.

vocationalzero
Car: 92 Too For Dee
87 BMW 635 CSi
06 Dodge Dakota Night Runner Edition
06 Nissan Sentra S

DirtyGhettoKids wrote:
The honda bashing has gotta stop. A honda is not a bad car by nature, just like a dog isn't naturally a bad dog. It just has bad owners and gets mistreated.

S13Joe

vocationalzero wrote:The honda bashing has gotta stop. A honda is not a bad car by nature, just like a dog isn't naturally a bad dog. It just has bad owners and gets mistreated.
LOL, that was the best thing I've ever heard about a Honda. But seriously, if a honda was so bad and so ghey then why do you see one every 30 seconds on the road? Can someone please answer this for me?

To the OP, go for the conversion bro, its f***ing sick and I would love if someone here on nico did it.

ashibah83

ok.....NEVER, EVER have i bashed Honda, they make EXCELLENT vehicles, my wife drives a 2008 Fit sport, they have an INCREDIBLY rich racing history, IMO moreso than Nissan because of their diversified markets(auto, motorcycles, watercraft) i own a Honda 2009 CBR-600RR, i would drive the S^$T out of a S2000, Civic SI, DC2 or DC5, Prelude, EG or EK civic, i just dont think you should rape and crossbreed brands, i think a Honda motor belongs in a Honda, a Nissan motor belongs in a Nissan, Toyota in Toyota, and so on, and i think the same of the exterior of a car

hbpignosePA
Car: 90 240sx hatch (Jackstand Queen), 78 Datsun 280z (RIP), 89 cressida (Sold) 86 200sx hatch (sold) 83 280zx turbo (parts car)
90 volvo 240 (sold)
80 mx32 cressida (new daily)

im with ashibah on this... i hate cross breeds

hondas can be pretty cool, as can nissans or toyotas.

but they can all be very very very bad too

S13Joe

ashibah83 wrote:ok.....NEVER, EVER have i bashed Honda, they make EXCELLENT vehicles, my wife drives a 2008 Fit sport, they have an INCREDIBLY rich racing history, IMO moreso than Nissan because of their diversified markets(auto, motorcycles, watercraft) i own a Honda 2009 CBR-600RR, i would drive the S^$T out of a S2000, Civic SI, DC2 or DC5, Prelude, EG or EK civic, i just dont think you should rape and crossbreed brands, i think a Honda motor belongs in a Honda, a Nissan motor belongs in a Nissan, Toyota in Toyota, and so on, and i think the same of the exterior of a car
I see what your getting at, I personally think that the odyssey lights on a coupe look great though especially because america hasn't seen the mini van yet nor the headlights.

I would also love an S2000, those cars are almost pure f***ing sex. The prelude on the other hand sucks... I personally didn't like driving that car at all. A friend of mine had picked one up over the summer and he let me drive it, he told me to get on the throttle so I did up until around 80mph (yes I drive like a douche bag when testing a friends car, go ahead flame.). But honestly, I was very disappointed with almost everything about the car, acceleration, handling, I even began to hate the look of it after the drive. For the price tag, not worth it at all. The one thing I loved about the car though was the shifting, it felt incredibly smooth and also had a decent throw for a stock shifter.

Jdmstyles
Car: My S13 took a crap on me.

If this is the conversion you're referring to I say go for it. I find it veryaggressive and sexy, just the hood is a little off. As for the part itself your best bet would be to find a japanese website. I just tried but no luck

wishin_on_an_sr
Car: '89 hatch and '92 coupe

if you do it you should deffinitly throw a vr4 in it and have the god of all cross breeds . lol just kidding. it looks very agressive if i had the time, money and an extra 240 id try to do it in a heartbeat as well

vocationalzero
Car: 92 Too For Dee
87 BMW 635 CSi
06 Dodge Dakota Night Runner Edition
06 Nissan Sentra S

Jdmstyles wrote:
If this is the conversion you're referring to I say go for it. I find it veryaggressive and sexy, just the hood is a little off. As for the part itself your best bet would be to find a japanese website. I just tried but no luck
On a quick glance, and especially with that hood/fenders/bumper it gives it an evo appearance almost

SirSilvia
Car: Sold both my babies

phatjo911 wrote:Like the title says, can anyone source JDM Odyssey lights?

A website or something would be nice.
I would try the most obvious places, like ebay, honda forums, NOT a freakin nissan forum.I don't care what you do with the lights, but it's like going to wal-mart looking for freaking lumber. GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE!Not being a d*ck but this type of sh*t is obvious.

S13Joe

SirSilvia wrote:I would try the most obvious places, like ebay, honda forums, NOT a freakin nissan forum.I don't care what you do with the lights, but it's like going to wal-mart looking for freaking lumber. GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE!Not being a d*ck but this type of sh*t is obvious.
Lumber is easy to find every morning.

93240cooool
Car: 1993 240sx

vocationalzero wrote:On a quick glance, and especially with that hood/fenders/bumper it gives it an evo appearance almost
my thoughts exactly.
ashibah83 wrote:ok.....NEVER, EVER have i bashed Honda, they make EXCELLENT vehicles, my wife drives a 2008 Fit sport, they have an INCREDIBLY rich racing history, IMO moreso than Nissan because of their diversified markets(auto, motorcycles, watercraft) i own a Honda 2009 CBR-600RR, i would drive the S^$T out of a S2000, Civic SI, DC2 or DC5, Prelude, EG or EK civic, i just dont think you should rape and crossbreed brands, i think a Honda motor belongs in a Honda, a Nissan motor belongs in a Nissan, Toyota in Toyota, and so on, and i think the same of the exterior of a car
completely agree with you on this, hondas are not bad at all, they are on top of the dirt bike market, its just the civics that bother me, they were not meant to be sporty cars, at all, thats what they lude is for. my friend just got a 2000 prelude, i like the way it handles, vtec ftw honestly.

dohclover
Car: 1992 240sx screw you mother nature!!!!! rb20 89 coupe ^_^

damn please do the conversion but if you do it you cant half a** it you gotta do it ligit but it looks sick before the pics i was iffy but the s***s sick

phatjo911

SirSilvia wrote:I would try the most obvious places, like ebay, honda forums, NOT a freakin nissan forum.I don't care what you do with the lights, but it's like going to wal-mart looking for freaking lumber. GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE!Not being a d*ck but this type of sh*t is obvious.
I understand that you might not understand why I am posting here, but here is my reason. First, I checked eBay, but since the item I am looking for is a Japanese market specific item, it was not for sale there. Next, I checked places like Yahoo Auctions Japan and eBay Japan ( or something like that ), but it was also not there.

Since the people who own 240SX's are the biggest fans of JDM stuff moreso than Civic owners, I felt that there would be more Japanese connections on this forum than a Honda Forum....

Just saying.

I knew I'd get flamed lol

Scuffed_ChukiCoupe
Car: Ka-t coupe

or you couldve just searched ebay or something, instead of making a thread about it. I like the conversion n i say go 4 it, but yea do a little of your own research first.

raven2345
Car: 91 chuki

Scuffed_ChukiCoupe wrote:or you couldve just searched ebay or something, instead of making a thread about it. I like the conversion n i say go 4 it, but yea do a little of your own research first.
yea, you failed. read his post above you.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

let us pray... (fixed...)
240lookis wrote:jesus, let the man do what he wants to do. he will probably find someone who can source jdm parts here just as much as on a honda forum.
AMEN!

i am eagerly waiting pics of whatever you come up with....

Jadesr20det
Car: 1990 NISSAN 240SX

You wont

2zz
Car: '91 Nissan 300zx NA ZLICKTOP

what the f*** is wrong with doing the conversion? it looks way better than the stock pop up headlights

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

there is nothing wrong with it... if you are ghey.

but seriously, i have been looking at headlights everyday since that "Oddy-Sil" popped up... and to tell you the truth there are not very many headlight setups that would look even half as good, no to mention they all have the wrong shape, most are just not shaped right for the 313 bodylines, even with major fabrication...

i cant wait to see the first US version of the "Oddy-Sil".... seriously.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”