How To: Power (Folding) Mirror Switch Installation

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

We have a quarter window switch on the center console, so this should help people who want to have power mirrors or JDM power folding mirrors on their verts. You can install the switch anywhere you want. This thread will just give you an idea.

Measure the dimension of the switch and cut the hole like this. I heated up a paper knife with a lighter, and cut it slowly. My tip is cut the hole smaller than the switch and trim it. That way you have less chance to screw up. This lower trim is not available from Nissan anymore, so be extra careful.

Switch will move around and won't seat flush because there's a gap between side clips and trim cover as you can see. This is mainly because side trim is not thick enough to hold the side clips.

Just cut any scrap plastic piece and attach to the both sides to hold the clips like this.

Now it seats flush and it won't move at all.

Installed on the car.

One more thing. Use Molex connectors from Radio Shack to create a harness. That way it's much easier to deal with all the wires. I got this idea from Hijacker's write up, and I just love these Molex connectors.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Cool, I've got to get this done soon.

Add this and hijacker's thread to the sticky.

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

Looks great! I need to do that. I forgot to add my folding mirrors and switch that I got from you to my build thread...maybe I'll wait until I get them installed before posting them. That's just one more thing on my "many things to do" list. At least now I don't have to figure out where to put my switch. Keep the good stuff coming!

cmoody2006
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx vert

Nice location for it! Def gonna have to do this on my vert!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”