S14 Ingnition Switch Replacement Write-Up.

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
BoBa524
Car: 1995 240SX SE

So I finally got tired of having to almost brake my key when starting the car. Went ahead and ordered up an ignition switch from the dealer...it was 45 bucks.

Symptoms that i had were bad contact of the switch forcing me to put extra strength in order to crank the car over.

Tools needed:Long philips screwdriverStubby philips scredriver

Time:15min

1. Disconnect your car battery for safety. 2. Remove lower dash cover under steering column(2 screws hold it in.)3. Remove lower steering wheel column cover(6 screws on bottom of column and key hole trim.)4. You will see the ignition switch on the exact opposite side of the ignition cylinder held in by 2 small screws. The plug is in the center of the column attached with a clip. Just unclip it and disconnect it. Take the two screws out and the switch will come right out. 5. Take your new switch and make sure the T is lined up with the little triangle and insert it in to the hole. Tighten up the screws and plug in the connector. 6. Reinstall the plastic trims and reconnect the battery. Now you can start your car with a PINKY.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”