BorHor's Vert Build

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
BorHor
Car: 240sx Vert

Hey. I got a vert about a month ago and the last 2 weeks I got some stuff done to it.

The night I picked it up

How it looked in the day.

Friends got bored and drew on the messed up door. (was only on for about a day, then I changed out the door a few days after that)

After I did a 5-speed swap and put on some cheap Drag 15x7 +0 wheels

Slammed the rear on KTS coilovers and ran out of time for the day and have to do the front tomorrow.

So now we are up to date with this car.

And for knowing me better I used to have a MK3 supra and this is what it looked like. I recently sold it though.

And I also got one of these to slide

I think that is it.... haha

Ilvemynissan
Car: 240sx s13

Clean vert man. How much did you pick it up for. What are your plans for it?

BorHor

Ilvemynissan wrote: Clean vert man. How much did you pick it up for. What are your plans for it?
Got it for $1200 from a guy I know.

S13xCrazy
Car: 1993 240sx Vert, 1993 BMW 325i, 1993 Honda CBR F2, 1998 Infiniti Q45,

Anybody who's baller enough to slide a beamer is pimptastic on my scale.

Welcome man!

fresno240sx

kool..was swapping the door easy or hard?

sebazztard
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx rb25det project. 2000 Honda Accord LX DD. 1992 Nissan 300zx NA.

nice vert.... clean and sexy

jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Nice find on the vert man. But I have to ask, why did you get rid of the MK3? That's such a sexy car! Keep us up to date with lots of pics!

BorHor

S13xCrazy wrote:Anybody who's baller enough to slide a beamer is pimptastic on my scale.

Welcome man!
haha thanks. That thing is super easy to slide.
fresno240sx wrote:kool..was swapping the door easy or hard?
Yeah it wasn't to hard. You just have to take the fender off or just enough so you can get to the bolts. You also have to unplug all the wiring in the door and take it out to use in the new one. But over all it wasn't to hard.
sebazztard wrote:nice vert.... clean and sexy
Thanks, But personally it isn't there yet. I got a few more things to do before I can call it clean and sexy
jspec603 wrote:Nice find on the vert man. But I have to ask, why did you get rid of the MK3? That's such a sexy car! Keep us up to date with lots of pics!
I sold it because I figured I should sell it before I dump 10K into it to make it what I wanted. Plus I got more then enough money for that car. I will get another one one day though. And no I did not sell the Supra to get this vert. The vert popped up a few weeks after I sold it and I bought it for a beater.

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

nice vert.... them rims that ur MK had, it would have fit on your vert...well if u did the 5 lug swap, i would like to see those rims on ur vert to have an idea how it fit...PHOTOSHOP any1???? please

BorHor

I had 18x9.5 +15 18x10.5 +15. I guess it would have fit but it would have taken some work and a full kit to pull it off.

fresno240sx

i forgot..how did you did the seat belt thing by swapping the new doors? any pics?

BorHor

fresno240sx wrote:i forgot..how did you did the seat belt thing by swapping the new doors? any pics?
I running a 3 point harness until I get my cage.

jamesblonde82
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx convertible RIP 5/10/07 1993 Nissan 240sx convertible

nice Vert and Bimmer is sexy too

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Welcome!

Who's Porche is that in picture 3? Got pics?

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

nice vert. gonna look good with the front coils on. your old supra looked amazing too. no doubt the vert will look just as good.

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

lookin good man

quick question:

do e36's come with a factory lsd?

Btw nice supra

BorHor

jamesblonde82 wrote:nice Vert and Bimmer is sexy too
Thanks
DeXteR wrote:Welcome!

Who's Porche is that in picture 3? Got pics?
It is one of the owners of Vex Motorsports. Let me pull up more pics.From a few months back

A random pic I found when we went to a meet

And this is pretty close to how it is now

240lookis wrote:nice vert. gonna look good with the front coils on. your old supra looked amazing too. no doubt the vert will look just as good.
Yeah it should look good when I am done. I loved that supra and I will never forgot how clean I had it.
StandardProspect wrote:lookin good man

quick question:

do e36's come with a factory lsd?

Btw nice supra
Umm the M3 did. Not all E36 come with it. I think it is a clutch type.

white90esex
Car: 90 240sx
90 Q45
12 Titan Pro4x
06 xB

nice vert! im jelous.

you mk3 was ****ing DOPE! probably the best looking mk3 ive seen personally.

slip69
Car: 94 240sx convertible, 07 Dodge Charger

welcome aboard!! nice work on the vert!!! and I think I have been to vex motorsports. I went to san jose about 8-11 months ago to a place that helps homeowners refinance. it was in the very back and i parked in the front. while i was walking to the office i saw this freaking bas *** red supra RHD. I just walked over and was checking it out. some guys rolled up and asked if i needed help and i just told the guy i was checking out the cars. they had like a bunch of other rides they were working on. one of the guys was really cool and actually took the time to talk to me about what they had done to the supra. this dude was so cool that he even gave me some suggestions on what to do with my vert and offered future advice if i ever needed it. awesome!!! again nice work on the vert and welcome to our family!!

red_vert
Car: 1994 240sx vert

supramania borhor??

BorHor

white90esex wrote:nice vert! im jelous.

you mk3 was ****ing DOPE! probably the best looking mk3 ive seen personally.
Thanks. Hope I get this vert on the same level.
slip69 wrote:welcome aboard!! nice work on the vert!!! and I think I have been to vex motorsports. I went to san jose about 8-11 months ago to a place that helps homeowners refinance. it was in the very back and i parked in the front. while i was walking to the office i saw this freaking bas *** red supra RHD. I just walked over and was checking it out. some guys rolled up and asked if i needed help and i just told the guy i was checking out the cars. they had like a bunch of other rides they were working on. one of the guys was really cool and actually took the time to talk to me about what they had done to the supra. this dude was so cool that he even gave me some suggestions on what to do with my vert and offered future advice if i ever needed it. awesome!!! again nice work on the vert and welcome to our family!!
Not to sure if it was us haha. But stop by when ever
red_vert wrote:supramania borhor??
The one and only

Kristine
Car: 1992 Toyota Paseo
1997 Nissan Altima

wow. niiiiiiiice.I'm sure your vert will look just as sexy as your other cars

BorHor

Kristine wrote:wow. niiiiiiiice.I'm sure your vert will look just as sexy as your other cars
haha thanks.

I finally got a pic of the front semi lowered more but I need to lower it even more!!

actually I am going to sell these wheels now since I have 5 lug comming in.

I also made an exhaust but... it is too loud so I am selling that too hahahah

What a waste of time and money so far.. Oh well

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

BorHor wrote:What a waste of time and money so far.. Oh well

It comes with the territory.

In regards to your loud exhaust, a "whirly muffler" will quiet that down quite a bit.

BorHor

DeXteR wrote:

It comes with the territory.

In regards to your loud exhaust, a "whirly muffler" will quiet that down quite a bit.
I was actually going to get one of those. But I actually just sold it so maybe I'll get it for the next one I make. Or maybe I will be boosted by then

BorHor

Preview of what is going to come up

TIMELSS_vert

DMax aero? car looks very promising, keep up the good work man!

BorHor

TIMELSS_vert wrote:DMax aero? car looks very promising, keep up the good work man!
yup yup D-Max version 1.

johnny butt
Car: 1993 240sx Convertible

BorHor wrote:
I running a 3 point harness until I get my cage.
Where do you have the harness bolted down to? Underneath the rear seats?
BorHor wrote:
Yeah it wasn't to hard. You just have to take the fender off or just enough so you can get to the bolts. You also have to unplug all the wiring in the door and take it out to use in the new one. But over all it wasn't to hard.
Also, The coupe door swap seems pretty straight forward, I've got an extra set sitting at the house. My question to you is how would you recommend unhinging the old doors and putting the other ones on?

When I took these off of a scrapped coupe I destroyed the hinge (pin) basically. Just couldn't remove them cleanly. Tried pliers, etc. Maybe it was my lack of patience...

BorHor

johnny butt wrote:Where do you have the harness bolted down to? Underneath the rear seats?
Yup where the buckle is. I just removed the buckle and used that bolt
johnny butt wrote:Also, The coupe door swap seems pretty straight forward, I've got an extra set sitting at the house. My question to you is how would you recommend unhinging the old doors and putting the other ones on?

When I took these off of a scrapped coupe I destroyed the hinge (pin) basically. Just couldn't remove them cleanly. Tried pliers, etc. Maybe it was my lack of patience...
umm I just took the fender off and took the 4 bolts that held on the hinge. Bad part about that is. is that it takes longer to line it up. I am actually still haveing issues with it but every time I get a chance with the fender off i mess with it and make it better but it just isn't quite where i want it yet.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”