S13 Digital Climate Control Unit HELP!!!

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
puerkone
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX SE-R

Hi everyone,

I am planning to do the Digital Climate Control Unit Swap into my Analog Climate Control Unit. So lets begin; I purchased this Digital Climate Control Unit from this guy and I guess that the other owner that I bought it from couldn't hook it up. Therefore, he decided to sell me an incomplete set. This set came with these parts:

1. Digital Climate Control Unit2. DCC Subharness3. Air mix motor (Broken)4. Sun Sensor 5. In vehicle sensor

So here is my question; How can I make the unit to turn on? Honestly I don't mind if the AC works or not. I just want it to turn on and be able to turn the heater on and off. Here are the pictures of what I have so far.

16 Pin Analog Connector. (USDM 240SX)6 Pin Connector DCC Unit (JDM 240SX) 6 Pin Connector (USDM 240SX)16 Pin Connector DCC Unit (JDM 240SX)16 Pin Connector DCC (JDM 240SX)Relay Connector (JDM 240SX)DCC Connector (JDM 240SX)20 Pin Connector (JDM 240SX)20 Pin connector (JDM 240SX)Air mix motor connector to 16 pin connector to incabin sensor connectorJDM Connector to USDM ConnectorJDM to USDM ConnectorRelay to 7 Pin Connector and JDM ConnectorAir Mix Motor ConnectorTop In Cabin Sensor and bottom sun SensorThe Whole Circuit Help!!!!

Modified by puerkone at 12:13 AM 8/21/2008

Modified by puerkone at 12:14 AM 8/21/2008

Modified by puerkone at 12:17 AM 8/21/2008

Modified by puerkone at 12:18 AM 8/21/2008
Modified by puerkone at 2:19 AM 8/21/2008

puerkone
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX SE-R

Anyone please help.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

The very first post of this thread is what I did to get my unit working. zerothread?id=94307

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

It's been a long time since I did this to my car. I actually don't even have that car any more, nor do I have a DCC in an S13.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

What's the word on this, have you made any progress?

harukisan
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx coupe right hand drive, sr20det and 1989 JDM Silvia Ks model w/CA18DET

Asking positron1 a Question. I know this is an old post but I thought I would ask. 1) my car is all true JDM RHD and the DCC stuff is stock and what came with my car. 2) Last year I had my AC compressor rebuilt and took the car to Nissan dealer because it was just blowing hot air. They fixed it kinda because they told me that my air mix sensor was stuck in the heater position so they reached up by hand and pulled the door to allow the cold air to come in and said that come winter I would probably have to have it closed so the heat would come in, well when winter came it just seemed to go back to heat by inself. well I meant to go back to Nissan this summer to get the mix door changed to allow cold air to come in but I had some other issues going on with my car that I just got straight. Well the other day I was thinking that maybe I could changed that mix door but when I pushed this lever more hot air was coming in and so I turned off the DCC and Guess what, Now it Wont turn on at all I get nothing. I checked the fuse in my kick panel and it looks good, I'm thinking about replacing the AC RELAY that's in the engine bay but I think that only controls the compressor. Funny thing is that all the buttons on the DCC worked in terms of vents top, vents bottom, both vents on & off, Air flow thru & re-circulation but now the DCC wont even light up. I was hoping that maybe you might have some clues of what I can do to fix it. Maybe I screwed it up by doing what I did. Maybe I need another DCC. Got any Ideas?

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Start checking fuses. If it won't even light up you either blew a fuse somehow, pulled a connector apart, or caused something to get a bad ground.

harukisan
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx coupe right hand drive, sr20det and 1989 JDM Silvia Ks model w/CA18DET

Sorry, I 'm an idiot, I guess I was stressed or something but it took me a few days to realized I'd been pushing the wrong button. I don't know why because I've been using the DCC for over a year. Any way I ran the DCC test out side in the sun and got rid of the sunload error. the only error I get now is the -26 (air mix door). At first I couldn't move that rod (air mix door) by hand but when I turned on the ignition the rod moved and the AC is working now. NOW I only need to find a JDM air mix door motor. I'm trying to find the new topic button on these post, haven't found it yet

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”