installing rear bumper protector plate

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Ckcrain
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I just purchased a rogue SL AWD and wish I had gotten the rear bumper protector. Is this something that I can order and install myself? Any feedback anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Yes, you can order - $35-$40 and it is very easy to put on yourself. It takes about 10 minutes to do. Besides cleaning the surface with soapy water and alcohol pads, it is just 4 3M tape strips.

Leo2005

Hmm. I thought all SL AWD getting this accessory installed from manufacture. Check with list that dealer gave you if you supposed to have it.

jfowl75

Just put mine on yesterday, got it from abc nissan.com for 30 bucks + ship.Easy to install and looks factory if you follow instructions, its flimsy and if you try to slap it on it'll look like crap. And no mine is awd and leather package and didn't come with it.

Leo2005

wow. didn't come with leather pckg? weird.

Ckcrain
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I didn't get the leather package just the premium sound package. I did order it though for $39 including shipping. Thanks for all the feedback on how easy it is to install. I love this site!

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

Mine was supposed to come with it but didnt. Im taking it back to the dealer for install and full detail., Actually the sales guy told me it was $160 because thats what they owe use but I just called my local dealer and was told $46.50.
Modified by blueis300 at 4:06 PM 8/25/2008

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Buy it here:http://www.courtesyparts.com/b...7715&

Installation instructions:http://www.courtesyparts.com/b...l.pdf

Looks easy. Hope this helps

zdefonte

I have a premium SLawd +leather, and it didn't come w/ the bumper guard. I thought about buying and isntalling the it, but then ultimately decided against it. I have an Xterra, and I hate keeping the bumper black w/ Mother's Back to Black. I'm thinking that black bumper guard will fade to grey over time (although I have a Gotham Grey Rogue ) One less thing to maintain!

DaveNAna
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD Super Black

I bought a SL leather package and it didn't come with mine either. They had another Rogue on the lot with exact everything as mine except rear bumper protector and the price was almost $200 more.

I just purchased one from ebay for $33 plus shipping. Dealer's price was $100. $100? I asked him why it was soo expensive and he told me that's the price without dealer mark-up. I call bull$%$% on that. I should have asked to talk to the parts manager. It's listed for $41 on the Nissan site for accessories. Makes me wonder how it's going t obe to buy any other part.

Anyway, I'll have mine by Saturday.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

zdefonte wrote:I have a premium SLawd +leather, and it didn't come w/ the bumper guard. I thought about buying and isntalling the it, but then ultimately decided against it. I have an Xterra, and I hate keeping the bumper black w/ Mother's Back to Black. I'm thinking that black bumper guard will fade to grey over time (although I have a Gotham Grey Rogue ) One less thing to maintain!
Yes I find that if you leave it alone the black does look a little faded sometimes but a quick wipe with some plastic/vinyl protectant such as ArmorAll and it looks good as new, even better because it shines and looks bright black again! I think this is a "must have" for most owners, if not you're almost guaranteed to get scratches on the top horizontal piece of your bumper where you load items in and out of the cargo area. And if you don't get scratches, you will be worried about being extra careful around the cargo area which is no fun. I load my big dog back there too so for me the bumper protector was essential, and I think it looks a little better too.

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

This was one of the first things I did when I got my Rogue. along with all season floor mats and the cargo carpet.

Return to “Rogue Forum”