RB25 Valve cover fitting question! Pic included for assistance!

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Gavster
Car: 04 STi, 96 S14

Hey guys...Im sort of a lurker on here, but I have a question and this is easily the best forum for RB info IMO....so I came here for help!

Ive got an S1 RB25, and there is a fitting on the intake side valve cover just behind the breather fitting. Well, mine broke-off and it looks a tad more complex that just a fitting for a breather hose to intake mani (possible check valve?). Anyways, here is a picture of an RB valve cover and the fitting/hose I reference...sorry to whoever's engine pic I scribbled on...its in the red box:

Anyhow...I guess my question is this: Is this fitting crucial? If its just a hose to the intake manifold, I will simply block it off and call it good. I just want to make sure its not some weird thing I need. If anyone can let me know what it is and whether or not its crucial (im guessing its not) that would be great! Thanks!

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

It is part of the PCV system where the PCV valve sticks out of the valve cover. You can eliminate it/plug it, but you will need to change the orientation of the valve cover hoses. Search for oil catch can and you'll find plenty of information.

BTW is this THE Gavster with the insane RB25 track car build thread reaching upwards of 50 pages on another forum? If so, you are a god. If not, then SEARCH biatch!! LOL jk man

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Darius wrote:BTW is this THE Gavster with the insane RB25 track car build thread reaching upwards of 50 pages on another forum?
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the SN.

Eitherway, Matt is right. Block it if needed.

Gavster
Car: 04 STi, 96 S14

Woot for a fast response! Haha and yeah, I'm that Gavster! Wasn't sure if anyone would notice lol. If it keeps going how it has been, I'm gonna need a lifetime membership to the NRRBA lol. Thanks much for your help, I need to hang out here a little more often as well...good RB section! I'll do a little more looking based on your search suggestion. I knew I broke more than a hook up to the valve cover lol...effing broken valve!

I'll be welding this bish shut!

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”