CRUISE CONTROL

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kullenberg

Cruise ControlDoes anyone know if - when the cruise control slows you down in traffic, do the brake lights come on?__________________CheersPat

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

Yes, As soon as the car breaks for the first time when car ahead gets to close, the break lights come on for about 2-3 seconds. At first I did not like this feature but when I thought about it the car pacing behind you would be up your rear with no warning of slow down traffic ahead.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

The ACC works great for 2 lane interstate, but I've found that when you are in the middle lane and people are always coming back and forth across it, it overreacts. I bet it is really sweet though on long trips. I use it whenever I can...noticed it helps the gas mileage.

jmess

Another feature of the adaptive cruise is the car slows down going around corners. I am not sure if it senses lateral G force or steering wheel angle. I have found this feature to be really annoying to the point I am using the dumb cruise mode 90% of the time.

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

jmess wrote:Another feature of the adaptive cruise is the car slows down going around corners. I am not sure if it senses lateral G force or steering wheel angle. I have found this feature to be really annoying to the point I am using the dumb cruise mode 90% of the time.
You must have some pretty sweeping curves on your roads. While I only used the adaptive cruise a couple of times due to proper break-in suggestions, I did come across some slight turns and the cruise kept it's pace with no slow down. I would never use cruise on any road that had a lot of bends or corners anyway so this safety feature won't affect me.

jmess

I found the adaptive cruise control slowing down in very minor freeway corners at 65 MPH. This same corner could be negotiated safely at 100MPH if you were so inclined to go that fast. 99 MPH for people who can't deal with triple digit speeds

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”