SSAC manifold modifications?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
DMan II-40
Car: 1995 240SX SE

ghx407 wrote:Modified SSAC T2 manifold.
All I can think of to make the SSAC eBay manifold better would be to slot the runners. What are other ideas/things you have done to your SSAC manifolds that made them stronger and more reliable.

I will be buying one soon so I would appreciate any ideas you guys have.

P.S. Pictures or drawings wold be cool too

r3v_v3ng3
Car: 91 fastback ka-t

reweld all the areas that have a weld. inside and out. also put a flex pipe somewhere on your downpipe to absorb some of the impact/vibration.

DMan II-40

I was going to get the Megan SR20 downpipe /w flex section. Rewelding everything sounds to extensive to do. I do think I saw a picture of one that had two little bars welded on it from the flange to the runner.

boznuttz
Car: MS13

I have the T2 bottom mount manifold for my T3/T4oe setup. I also have a waste gate flange coming off of the fourth runner. No boost leaks and it's been great so far. I'm def gonna sell it soon though as a one of a kind bottom mount T3/T4 setup.

DMan II-40

Ok, here is what I had in mind.

Is that the correct place to cut the runners? Hacksaw would work right? And those red bars could just be welded to the side of the flange, under it, or something. Once I get one I would have a better understanding of where it could go.

eazye2000
Car: S13 KA-DET

I believe you have the 'better' version already. The first ones didn't come with the little support pieces like I see in your picture.I have the same one you have. And I haven't done anything to it that I can remember... I've not had any problems as of yet, and I've beat the beans out of it.But you could weld in some supports like you pictured. Make sure you use the same grade stainless in the supports, or you will actually cause more harm than good. And use a higher grade filler rod, or welding material as well to make sure penetration, and adhesion is at its maximum.

My $.02

Reno
Car: 89 S13, boosted.. RAWR..

can we just cut the flange and put a ka flange on this?, worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Hacksaw? Personally I wouldn't want to spend all day trying to hacksaw through 3/8" steel plate, but thats just me...

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

Reno wrote:can we just cut the flange and put a ka flange on this?, worth it?

why would you do that. way to much work for the price, then you would have to find a ka flange

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Reno wrote:can we just cut the flange and put a ka flange on this?, worth it?

NO

Reno

well it was just a thought for a clean bottom mount setup with the KA maybe hopefully clearing the BMC

Reno

WDRacing wrote:
NO
why not?

WDRacing

Reno wrote:why not?
If you have the skills to remove one flange and install another flange then why wouldn't you simply build your own manifold?

Are the runners for the manifold going to line up exactly? If not then the hassle is by FAR not worth it.

But I stick with my first statement, if you can weld good enough to swap flanges then you can fab your own custom manifold.

WD

adrenalineMOTORWERKS
Car: 89 pignose 95 engine

DMan II-40 wrote:Ok, here is what I had in mind.

Is that the correct place to cut the runners? Hacksaw would work right? And those red bars could just be welded to the side of the flange, under it, or something. Once I get one I would have a better understanding of where it could go.
i wouldn't do anything till you know what you are talking about. search this site and look up the manifold terms. those cuts you speak of would be on the flange not the runner.

those cuts are also to allow for heat expansion. if you were to just cut that manifold its quite possible that the flanges would be out of whack due to poor craftsmanship in the manifold. a resurface of the head flange would definetly be needed to ensure a proper seal with this type of modification.

Biggamehit
Car: R33 Skyline
DR30 Skyline
Sil80
180sx

if you want to build a manifold. look no further that JGStools.com. mine came out great.

as far as modification to the ssac manifold, if you have the later manifold like i did, you should have the brace on there. I ran around with mine for a year.. no issues, just minor touch ups.

ctellez
Car: Nissan 240sx

DMan II-40 wrote:
ghx407 wrote:Modified SSAC T2 manifold.
All I can think of to make the SSAC eBay manifold better would be to slot the runners. What are other ideas/things you have done to your SSAC manifolds that made them stronger and more reliable.

I will be buying one soon so I would appreciate any ideas you guys have.

P.S. Pictures or drawings wold be cool too
Hi I have crappy T25 bottom mount and i want to modified it to be a T3/T04E and i was wondering if i have to buy the t3 flange and just welded? or just cut the t25 flange and make a new one?

And mY last question its how i have to do if i want to put the external wastegate?

Pd: Sorry About My inglish

Regards

WDRacing

There is a new cast manifold for the T3 on Ebay, shipped it's only 90 bucks and it has the 38mm wastegate port already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cast-Tur ... 2eaf7beabf

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”