Whiteline Swaybar Install

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Mr.J
Car: 1991 Silvia Q's, 2007 Versa SL Sport

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.

Last week I installed a Whiteline swaybar, that I got from PDM Racing, on my Versa and took a few pictures of the installation. It is a very straight forward part to install.

First, I backed the Versa onto a set of drive-on ramps as the swaybar has to be installed with the vehicle at normal ride height.

Here, shows the swaybar and the mounting hardware.

The endlinks get bolted through a hole in the centre of the spring seat. At this point the bolts were only tightened by hand.

Next, the U-bolt goes over the rear axle.

Here, the D-bushed were installed on the swaybar, with plenty of the supplied grease.

The swaybar is now mounted to the U-bolts.

Lastly, the swaybar is bolted to the end links. There are two holes on the end on the bar, the closest to the front of the car is the softest, and the closest to the rear is the hardest setting. After the endlinks are bolted to the swaybar, the nuts on the endlinks get tightened, but only to the point where the bushings stop rotating.

The swaybar is the first handling improvement I have made to the car and I am pleased. The car rotates much better.

Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

I couldn't find it on their website. How much did you pay for it?

Johniboi
Car: Versa

Nice! Does the sway bar have better handling then the stru bars? or is it the other way around?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Very nice. Details on price would help.

And Johniboi, the sway bar should make much more of a difference than a strut bar.

Neo Xian Wu
Car: 08 Nissan Versa S Hatchback 6spd

Great White Versa wrote:I couldn't find it on their website. How much did you pay for it?

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

I want to know this as well.HOW MUCH?Might get one too.

biggie

Found the part number for the Whiteline Sway Bar - BNR16

Also the pdf for install on whiteline's page:http://www.whiteline.com.au/do...6.pdf

I have emailed PDM to get a price for everyone.

Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

I just googled a bit; here is what I found:Here is a link to a USA distributor of Whiteline Australiahttp://www.globalperformancepa....htmlThey are listing 2 products: BNR16 (rear sway bar $193) and BNR16Z (rear adjustable sway bar $238) - they are out of stock for now.
Modified by Onyxblue at 12:53 PM 5/7/2008

justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

I'm also interested in getting this.

I sent an email to versaspeed to see if they could possibly get this for us. Maybe he can get us a group buy discount. After all he is a NICO sponsor.

Mr.J

I paid $232 Canadian for the swaybar - BNR16Z. The non-adjustable one is a little bit less. I had to special order it because it is not a regularly stocked part, and if I'm not mistaken had to be ordered from Australia because thew North American distributor doesn't stock them either.

biggie

Apparently is only from Australia, SPL doesn't have it on their price list. I'll see what PDM says when they email back.

jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Well,

First off I'll say WELCOME to the forum. Nice to see all the other Versa owners too stiff over a new mod to properly welcome you. Second, thanks for introducing us to an available part that we did not know about. And finally, Nice write up, is a very straight forward install but nice work.

weems84
Car: Versa SL

Alot of members have eibach or tanabe lowering springs, will this not work with them?

Is this for stock ride height only??

randyshemin@comcast.
Car: 1971 240Z, 2001 Sentra SE, 2008 Versa SL, 1999 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

I'd be curious as to how this rear bar will effect handling on a stock Versa. There have been posts on the rear end coming around, and it would seem that adding a rear bar would make the car even more prone to oversteer. It would also seem that an upgraded front bar or at minimum stiffer bushings would be in order to "balance" things out.

Also, to the poster who asked about the sway bar versus the strut bar: the strut bar's main function is to reduce chassis flex between the strut towers, which will improve chassis "feel" somewhat, whereas the sway bar's function is to significantly stiffen the suspension to reduce side-to-side body roll. The sway bar will have a far more noticeable effect on handling. I have the Stillen strut bar on our Versa.

biggie

weems84 wrote:Alot of members have eibach or tanabe lowering springs, will this not work with them?

Is this for stock ride height only??
You misunderstand. The bar just needs to be installed at normal height (wheels on the ground), nothing to do with actual ride height.

Mr.J

I have found that the rear bar does not make the Versa prone to oversteer, but helps reduce understeer. That is what I meant when I said the car rotates better. I doubt that this rear swaybar is stiff enough to induce oversteer, but I have not tested that.

weems84
Car: Versa SL

biggie wrote:You misunderstand. The bar just needs to be installed at normal height (wheels on the ground), nothing to do with actual ride height.
Thankyou, i was completely lost on that one.

Theres no way for me to get under there without some ramps like that. My rear is dropped ~2.75"

#1Tango

pssst... I want that...

deaftosociety
Car: 08 nissan versa s 6 speed stillen strut bar

will this work on a 08

red98s14

Mr J it appears to my aging eyes that the 'arms' of the bar point to the rear of the car

If so the description of soft vs hard is backward. The holes closer to the end of the arms gives the most leverage to twist the bar and is the softer setting. The holes closer to the bar make it harder to twist the bar and are the stiffer setting.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

red98s14 wrote:Mr J it appears to my aging eyes that the 'arms' of the bar point to the rear of the carIf so the description of soft vs hard is backward. The holes closer to the end of the arms gives the most leverage to twist the bar and is the softer setting. The holes closer to the bar make it harder to twist the bar and are the stiffer setting.
good eyes there gramps

Mr.J

You are right, I made a completely erroneous statement. The hole closet to the rear are for the soft setting. Sorry about that.

Return to “Versa General Chat”