A Supercar Buffet

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
JHof
Car: 2005 G35 Coupe

They were clustered by the dozens in neat groups.

The Audis were under the trees,the Rollers & Bentleys were by the tents,right next to the Aston-Martins; Ferraris (Oh,God,the FERRARIS !!!)were grouped along the fence and the Lambos were lined up with mathematical precision along the path.The Germans had their own personal space.

These beauties,and others were all presented by dealers from around the Florida area,pushing their prizes before the recession crashes in on them...

In the middle were the cars the people brung,all streetable and every one desirable as hell.There was everything from Isetta bug cars to Lambos that I've only seen in pictures.Some Nissans,but more on that later. Bikes were there,too--choppers,dressed Harleys and ricebikes,and in the boat basin were the superboats,the 50,60-footers with big basket-handles and twin,million-horsepower motors that roar like lions when they get switched to "ON".Drug runners LOVE them.I didn't get to see that stuff.I was transfixed with the autoexotica scattered around the park on St Pete's beautiful Downtown waterfront.

"Festival of Speed",indeed.More like the "Festival of Unobtanium".I need to start working overtime on winning the Lotto.

Here is some of what I saw:

>Not one,but THREE Bugatti Veyrons,approximately 25% of the known supply of Bugattis in North America.A thousand horsepower.Rare as a Beatles' reunion.They cost a million two.One of them was driven there by a private owner.>Two Saleen S-7s,displayed in their batwing glory,their twin turbos gleaming in the sun.They cost as much as a house.A nice,beachfront 4-bedroom-with-a-pool house.A gullwing Mercedes SLR sat next to a Saleen:another house...then,a classic 300SL Gullwing was next to THEM,just to provide contrast.A neighborhood.>A 605 HP,$450,000 Porsche Carrera,a car so rare that seeing one is like a magic trick.I have only seen one other and that,interestingly,was right here in my little adopted hometown.Now I have seen two.I sat in a sparkly yellow GT3 and dreamed of the day...>Two stunning AUDI R-8s,one in silver with a black band,one in black with a silver band.I'll take both.>I didn't count all the Ford GTs,but some were the ORIGINAL GT-40s from the LeMans-winning '60s generation,some were the newer reproduced ones.I talked at length with a guy who had an '05 GTX-1 (it has a removable factory-installed hardtop--very rare).It is one of maybe thirty on the Planet. >Maybachs.$420,000 Maybachs.Rollers that go for a cool half-mil,Bentleys with 600-HP V-10s.Who buys this stuff,anyway???>Enough Lambos to outfit a basketball team,including the guys on the bench.>Rarities included a number of pretty AC Cobras,a Beemer Z3--something I have NEVER seen up close--a Spyker,a Ruf RK Coupe,etc.>St Pete is hosting the Gran Prix Next week,so there were a lot of Formula cars scattered around.>There were also a pile of classics,too numerous to mention--street rods and restored bathtub Porsches,Olds 442s and Firebirds from each generation.Also,old dragsters,NASCAR runners,tricked-out Mustangs and other assorted desirables.A lot of cars,all very interesting...

Among the 200-some cars there,I saw 6-7 Nissans.There was a sweet 350,clad with every carbon-fiber piece available,a very nice NISMO model and a couple private 350s.There was also a tricked G37 coupe in a blindy red custom suit.And,I met with and talked to a guy who had a cherry '81 280ZX twin turbo that he rescued from a barn in Canada and brought back to life nicely.He thinks it's one of four in the country,due mostly to the silver over black paintjob.It commemorated something,but I forgot exactly what.

And,finally,there were Ferraris.Sigh,the Ferraris.There were maybe a dozen new ones,in candy colored oranges and yellows and reds,lined up like a buffet in a fancy Italian restaurant--every model currently available and a good supply of pre-owned ones.Then,out in the citizen's section there were probably fifteen more.It was a feast of Ferraris.I wandered through their midst,hypnotized.My daughter said she got goosebumps.So did I.

I introduced my 6-month old grandaughter Zoe to Ferrari,let her touch them and feel them and maybe osmose some of the magic into her so she can carry the same longing that Grandpa has felt for fifty years.

I tried in vain to post pictures.I have a lot of them stored up in the camera,but they are shedding pixels as I write this.How do I share this bounty??I tried what was suggested in the sticky,but I just can't get it right.

Anyway,now I have to go buy some winning lottery tickets so I can go out and buy a Ferrari of some kind so I can leave it to Zoe when I pass...

Speedy7_7
Car: 2002 IS300 And 2008 Nissan Versa

Good descriptions though, Awesome read

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

I have played the lottery. It's a simple concept involving guessing 6 numbers correctly. Typically, I get 1 right on every other ticket. I suck at the lottery. Hope you do better.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

a supercar buffet?

more like a supercar blog.

this thread fails.

-demetrius

shinmei2006
Car: 93 s13 hatch, 88 s12 hatch (with a 93 KA), 87 s12 hatch (SE, VG30E)

gammer_ghn

Porsche GT1 FTW i have never seen that car in person your so lucky!!! True supercars i wish i was there!!!

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

holy thread distortion batman!

those photos take this thread in a whole new direction.

literally.

-demetrius

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Incredible stuff Jhof.

I love reading your posts.

If you guys aren't aware, Jhof's writing has become a column on NICO's homepage. It's called "Skidmarks" and it's a blast to read. http://www.nicoclub.com/articl...shtml

Jhof, do you use google at all? Google has an email service called gmail.com. It's free and simple to use. The reason I mention it is that with a gmail account, you also get a free photo hosting account with a lot of space! It's called Picasa. It allows you to upload a ton of pictures to their webserver and then link those photos to any website you choose. It's really slick! Check it out, if you have questions, send me an email and I'll help walk you through it.

Thanks for sharing your auto enthusiasm with us here on NICO!

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Jesus, that F40 is beautiful. Easily my most favorite car ever.

Jookmasta

hell of thread............my gosh there was alot of PRIME exotics there. i can only imagine driving one of those things. ahhhhhhhhhh the dreaming must commence!

xckid
Car: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2

saleen s7 ftw

Nismo ZJ
Car: 98 Grand Cherokee, 95 Miata

The interior on the Spyker is sick, especially the gear shifter.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

WOW

911 GT1 / CLK GTR / FXX

Not to mention the Veyrons, Enzo, SLR, etc.

No MC12's...*sniffle*....but it'll have to do, lol.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

Where was this? What was it called? WHY DID I MISS ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

shinmei2006

HashiriyaS14 wrote:WOW

911 GT1 / CLK GTR / FXX

Not to mention the Veyrons, Enzo, SLR, etc.

No MC12's...*sniffle*....but it'll have to do, lol.
there was an MC12

this is just a sample of the pics from there...i was just too lazy to post em all

as well as other veyrons and a FXX

shinmei2006

PantherRacer wrote:Where was this? What was it called? WHY DID I MISS ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
festivals of speed

in st pete.

just goes to show you how many rich ****s live in florida..

the blue and red veyrons are owned by the same person i believe (one is for his wife)

he also owns several other supercars (which may or may not include the MC12, enzo, fxx, mclaren f1, and carrera in these pics)

i think he is the owner of "dusty's camper world"

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

That stainless looking Veyron is super freggin neat!

Awesome pics. I'd get goosebumps too!

NismoDriver240
Car: 2005 STi

HOLY SH1T!! wow dude sweet show and awesome pics!!

idk what model these are but these two benz's are my faves...

NismoDriver240
Car: 2005 STi

this was the broken [img] from above

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

frapjap wrote:That stainless looking Veyron is super freggin neat!

Awesome pics. I'd get goosebumps too!
Yeah, that's the Pur Sang edition, I think there are only 5 of those in the world.

I <3 the MC12. The MC12 Corsa is my favorite modern (i.e. post-2000) supercar.

Return to “General Chat”