94 vert pics plus project info

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
imbrognolouis
Car: 1994 240sx vert and 2000 dodge avenger

Well i've been ask by a few to register in the vert registry (i will tommorow when its light so i can see the vin since the vehicles now registered and in my name and at the house). I figured i'd post a few pics of the vert at the start of the project as well as how its coming now and a project overview. Keep posted cause this projects going to come fast. Taxes come back in 2 weeks I Bought it from a lady whos had it in the family over 7 years. Paid 1000 cash for it i had to pick it up 2 hrs away. It wasnt running. They thought the starter was bad. I replaced it wasnt that. Ended up a squirrel or something chewed through the ignition coil wiring. It needed a new fuel injector, as well as a good tune up. Now its running like a top! I put a new fuel filter, new fuel rail and injectors, NGK plug wires, NGK V power plugs, new distributor cap and rotor button. I completely gutted the car. I'm going to run no back seat, and no back panneling, I also ripped all the carpet up i wont be running any of that either, just 2 placemats upfront . I'm currently working on removing all the factory sound deadener in the front and rear of the car, i finished removing it from teh trunk and partial in the rear seat its not an easy task lol. I also purchased a 13 lb genesis battery from PDM thats currently in the mail. I removed the rear spoiler as well and wil be removing the antenna and welding up all the holes.I have all the needed bars to install a 4 point roll cage, everything needed to put the car back in flat black primer, i bought 2 coupe doors as well as a pignose bumper. I also will be ordereing a new convertible top from convertibletopguys.com (canvas) this week unless anyone knows a better place. Also this week i'll be ordering all the piping and a muffler to weld up as well as making my own short ram intake. As soon as the taxes come back i'll be ordering some KTS coilovers as well as some good rucas maybe spls. A new windshield and a one piece windshield seal. I'll be ordering some of the JDM tail lights as well as buying some rims off a friend of mine, that will be a surprise what i'll be running. Well heres the pics of the begining, let me know what you think! Me and my friend craig will be doing all the work. Special thanks to him.

the 240 vs my avenger who will win in the end?

Topless_92
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Sounds like you got it all planned out, looks nice. But i think you should skip the black primer, everybodys doing it these days. IMO I rather see mismatched doors and a bumper until you can get real paint.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

I don't know if you know this, but dry ice will make removing the sound deadener a piece of cake.

Pignose?

You're going to get some hate from us. 98% of us are chuki fans. Don't worry about it though, as long as it turns out nice, we won't care.

Keep us posted and definitely share lots of pictures. Good luck to you!

BOOMSHAKALAKA

So wait...you're gonna leave your car primered? Or are you planning on repainting it flat black?

BTW welcome

imbrognolouis

it will only be in primer until it warms up enough to repaint it black. I got the paint and clear. The garage needs to be warm enough for paint.I'll keep posted pics of the project as it comes along.

imbrognolouis

I'm really primering it to get rid of the rust asap. it will be painted as soon as the weather turns for the better. I have all the paint/clear already. I'm just like you cant stand seeing a car run around in primer its whole life

S13_convert
Car: 2009 370Z Touring, Sport, Nav, 6MT
1994 240SX convertible

Pignose bumper?

xTURBOx240x
Car: 1993 240sx se coupe, WTB vert shell.

i personally think piggy verts look really good. silverts and piggy verts are both hot! i wana vert =(

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

Are you going to do a new black paint job?

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

WTF is with Kentucky and pignoses?

Topless_92
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Chuki FTW

imbrognolouis

Dunno what it is but i just like the pignoses alot better. My buddies got a pigy coupe and i absolutely love it. I was looking to do black originaly but i just traded in the idea and i'm picking up some k51 paint code the carbon silver 2007-2008 350z silver paint.The cars currently out of commision right now as i just finished up the 5 speed swap. I been waiting on the mtu-90 tranny fluid i bought. It just arrived and and i'll the car back on the road wednesday as i got some other projects going with it now. Poly motor/tranny mounts going on in a day or 2 as well with doing the relocation of the battery i bought a odyssey pc680mj its going under the passenger seat. We also took and gutted all the emisions off of the vehicle.

Wednesday after noon we'll be tacking up the 3 inch exhaust pipe and magnaflow muffler i bought. Just yesterday in the mail i recieved my KTS coilovers with z32 rears. I picked up the aluminum 300zx knuckles as well. With that same package (from spl) i got the spl rucas, and the spl tension rods. Also picked up some traction arms with poly bushings, new tie rod ends, some subframe bushing collars. These will all be swaped at the same time of the suspension.

I found out my thermostat is stuck open also so i recieved a nismo thermostat in the mail mid last week that will go on this weekend. I also bought some rims and yokohama es100 tires to go on them from tire rack. I should recieve the tires by monday and the rims i have a buddy sandblasting them now, i'll polish the lips and get em mounted as soon as the suspension works done.

As soon as the suspension and the rims are mounted i'll be ordering a new windshield and one piece windshield gasket (250 for the set not to shabby). I'll primer and shoot the car at one time while i replace the windshield. With it removed will be a bit easier to paint anyway. I got the 2 coupe doors sitting off to the side along with the pignose bumper and the 2 89 fenders awaiting paint also.

I also took off the stock spoiler and got rid of the power antenna (going to run none). I'll also gut the top motor and pumps here shortly. The car now has no interrior minus the 2 front seats, dash, and 2 door panels. No carpet, i also am in the middle of gutting the stock sound deadener and firewall padding for weight.

When i get out to the shop tommorow i'll take some pics of some of the goodies giong on the car and post em up tommorow night.

ZL-Auto
Car: Zerolift Autolab - 513-874-2508 - [email protected]

Congrats on being the owner of 1 of 1391 cars ever produced. Strange fact actually. It was only after we 75% finished our Formula D race car did i realize it was a 94 year model. And we just purchased another 94 Vert to produce as an affordable demo car of what our shop is capable of building. You know, Silvia Front, SR install, etc, so on and so forth...

imbrognolouis

thanks, ya i'm pretty stoaked about being 1 of 1391. And thats not to say how many have been wrecked, crushed or just sittin in a junk yard somewhere. You guys are lucky to get a 2nd!I'm sure you all do some amazing things to the 240s'. I was actualy looking at doing the whole silvia front, but i love the pignose look, the verts werent produced that way and there arnt to many around. I like being the oddball. And i got 2 local buddies that have silvia front conversions.Out of curiousity what makes you go the SR route? not saying its better or worse just curious.

ZL-Auto
Car: Zerolift Autolab - 513-874-2508 - [email protected]

Lightweight and 450hp out of them is easy to achieve.

imbrognolouis

we got her runnin today, heres a couple pics. We still got alot of work to do, still alot more parts going on. But we got the exhaust mounted, intake rigged up still need to weld up the tubing for it, and the 5 speed swap finished.

imbrognolouis

oh yes they did screw up and send me the stock rear coilovers, i'm going to have to send em back to get the z32 rears.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”