Finaly MY Build thread... woooooooooooo

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Mouse6933

better late than never.... cars torn apart. engine is at the machine shop, turbo is mocked up and i finally decided to get some pictures up... Gotta give big thanks to my buddy will, he did the welding, and most the wiring, and much more... thanks again bro... also wanted to say thanks to doug at enjuku, the guys at undergroundmotorsports. and frsports. all hvae contributed and put up with my questions. and calls.

PARTSMahle PistonEagle RodsClevite bearingsBC springs and retainersCometIC HGHKS step 2 264'sGReddy Cam GearsGreddy intake mani(port matched)TOMei Throttle bodyAem ALky KitTomei 740cc injGreddy Emanage ultimate(map setup)PRecison GT3071r 6/4 a/rMegan racing exhaust maniSynapse 38mm wastgate(wangan will's screamer tube)Wangan Will INTakeAnd other various parts

Just got a few pics of the turbo setup mocked up on an extra engine . Setup is all done except the 02 pipe , waiting on a flange should be here around tuesday. also engine should be done about that time too. i plan on takin pictures from now on everday, and of entire engine assembly....

This is turbo setup as shell go in ... i love the look of the screamer tube

Modified by Mouse6933 at 11:43 PM 12/30/2007
Modified by Mouse6933 at 1:36 AM 1/2/2008

nissan240sxkid
Car: '92 S13 Silvia

wow....lol thanks bro...I know you will make the power...

callmeweezy724
Car: 1990 240sx w/s13 blacktop swap, 1986 e30 325e 4dr 5spd,1997 infiniti Q45

nice!

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

Sweet build man! just keep us posted and whore pics!!

Mouse6933

just a little techinical info ... written by wangan will himself... on another forum though. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys...I just finished up this 3071r mach up for my friend Myles...why I posted this in technical is because I heared all kinds of stuff from people about doing the external waste gate and blah blah blah....I want to see if he can get 20-30 hp from this mod...This is what I got so far...I used a megan mani, synapes 38mm wastegate, 3071r with internal gate .64 a/r, vibrant 1.25in J bend ss, old fmic piping for intake.We wanted to stay bottom mount but still get the added power of external wastegate. So we took a mach up motor and car with long block to go back and forth for fitment. The flange for the wastegate had to be mounted right up on the mani as the synapes is so big and also so he could access the vacuum ports on top...The scream tube was cut up from the J bend, it clears everything great, it drops between the steering shaft and frame and then angles down under the car instead of the ground...The exhaust housing flapper was taken apart and hole was welded up, no leaks....fitting the 3071r is like the 2871r with the exception that the motor mount had to be trimed slightly, you could do it with a file...once every thing was mached and fitting in car with no clearance issues I welded it up using a tig...The hole was made in the mani and was grinded for smooth flow into the wastegate...The intake was made of a high strenght 90* elbow and fmic pipe to set a filter in stock location and not interfere with hot pipe...Im still waiting on the new 5 bolt flange to finish the exhuast elbow which has a bigger cut out because of the bigger exhaust wheel....Hope you guys like it...and looking foward to hear what people think and if it made a difference for you that have it done....

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Woot! Mahle pistons!

Mouse6933

i guess that means your a fan hijacker? you have personal experience with them?

nateb
Car: s13 hatch *working progress*

wow lookin good myles, my similar setup is under way also but ull probably finish before me GL with everything!

nissan240sxkid

nateb wrote:wow lookin good myles, my similar setup is under way also but ull probably finish before me GL with everything!
similar means building the motor....son

Nismo24zero
Car: 05' Nissan 350z

lookin good

nissan240sxkid

how bout that meth kit dude......

Mouse6933

well today, got some more things done. finsihed removing the main harness rom the engine bay which was noooo fun,rmoved pretty much evreyhting from and near the bay, including fenders bumper, wideshield wipers and allt he goodies. cleaned bay pretty well with a couple different products, then sanded the bay with various grit papers....... We purchased a product called POR 15 which is super awesome product, it is a rust inhibitor, and also can be used as a metal filler. kinda expensive but is spose to be awesome... soo i painted the frame rails in the bay, the rad support, and all along the inside fenderwell area.... (becareful POR 15, if come incontact with skin, and drys, will not nor cannot be removed, only by time.... which sucks for me now lol) . still need to paint the bay which will most likely happen monday night. ALso we Worked on securing my AEM alky tank, which we have chosen to mount inside of my engine bay, we cut the area where the battery tray used to be, and made some brackets using some threaded rod, and aluminum tubing... , also will began to make a bracket out of aluminum to mount the pump for the kit, we ran into a little problem with the welder, soo that got delayed for a later date, .... Should be in contact with the machine shop on monday, soo hopefully the engine assembly will be soon. Turbo lines(have to give a big thanks to cat at frsports... i must have called her 6 times in 2 hours changin my order, she was cool the whole time and very helpful),fuel pressure gauge, a couple gaskets and flange for exhaust housing should be here monday or tuesday, along with HID"S mmmmmmmmmm..... WEll thats my update for the day, waiting on picutres whcih i will post up later or tomorrow..

This is alky tank(very dirty need to clean before final install) located where battery tray used to be,

Another shot , this one from top, showin the clever mounting

Modified by Mouse6933 at 12:49 AM 12/30/2007

nissan240sxkid

pics look good but you missed a few spots j/k lol

nateb
Car: s13 hatch *working progress*

nissan240sxkid wrote:similar means building the motor....son
which actually is the plan

nissan240sxkid

hey I never heard of a comet hg......what is that????

Hijacker
'94 F-150

Mouse6933 wrote:i guess that means your a fan hijacker? you have personal experience with them?
zerothread?id=293975

you could say that I am

My motor, which I'm finally gonna start building this week, is using a set of Mahle's. I'm excited as they look to be a better piston than the CP or Wiseco.

Mouse6933

nice little comparison write up you did, what kinda setup are you running? i really like this piston and yet to hear anything bad about them.... my machinist was impressed with them as well.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I'm doing a very mild build. Stock rods and the head's only had a 3 angle valve job and bronze exhaust guides installed. There will be upgraded valve springs in the future, but I couldn't find a place in the budget for them right now.

All in all, I'm only looking for 350-ish HP, which a stock bottom end can handle, but the block I picked up for my rebuild needed machining, so I went with what I consider to be the best looking piston out there.

Mouse6933

well got a little work done today after i got off of my real job.... Did some more prep work in the engine bay , some finally sanding and what not ... removed some more things such as front mount and other things id like to not get paint on... put on 3 coats of primer... shes looking good, getting close to putting her back together... gunna try to get in there tomorrow and wet sand the primer before i start the paint, and ahvent decided weather im going to throw some clear coat on there as well. im a big idiot and forgot my camera soo ill have to take picture tomorrow and post them up.. Also spoke to machine shop , hes a day back soo now its looking like i wont get engine back till end of week , but gives me some more time to make sure everything else is squared away..... Hope everyone has a happy new years in the words of one of my friends "LEts get pants ****ting drunk"

Just some pictures of what the engine bay did look like beffore the build, wasnt too bad but i wanted it cleaner....

nissan240sxkid

I have no idea why the post I made 2 days ago is posted again.....

Fixed that for ya - Hijacker

pieromarr
Car: 95 240sx with s14 sr

look hella clean nice

Mouse6933

geeeeeeeze where to begin, havent updated in sooo long, installed kaaz 2 way since lastnight, and had to take my car from a warm shop, with lift and tools , to my driveway and the mess i refer to as a gaarge.. well machine work is all done, ran into one little problem, i had purchased used cams from a fellow nico member, was told they were ok, but should have known better, one had a crack in it, i chose to not even mess with it, and replaced, upgrading my exhaust cam to a 272, i had spoke with the dude who will be doing my tuning, and we decided itd be best for my setup, hes convince he can squeeze me a decent amount more topend out of it . oh boy what else, ordered more parts, circuit sports pulley's new belts and plugs, got techone hid's and hella h4 housings... and the greddy multi switch button thingy......

lastnight we began assembling the bottom end. this is my first engine build soo i was very nervous.. watched the driftspeed dvd before hand, and my buddy will has done this before soo we were off. cleaned eveyrthing super good, even though it had been cleaned at machine shop, can never be toooooo clean. installed bearings, crank, and girdle, super smooth.. began installing pistons and everything went well untill #4(Damn u #4) well i beleive my machine shop maybe messed them up when reinstalled after he honed block, because we installed piston/rod, tqed down cap, and began to rotate assem.... PINK(sound u never want to hear while building an engine) well the last oil squirter had been broken off. uninstalled that piston check everyhitng out several times and couldnt find anything out of wack.... i believe maybe the skirt had hit it, due to the squirter no beiing correct angle, or allready broken... well will be installing new squirters later tonight, and head. possible messing with upper oil pan to allow clearance of arp hardware........ we did take photo's lastnight, but not on my camera sooo ill have to wait to get them...... will take more tonight and continue updates more frequent......damn i want to drive this thing , theres prolly more ive forgotten in the weeks i havent posted but ill do my best to keep everyone updated...thanks for reading

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”