Preparing to put in new wire harness. I have a few questions w/PICS

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
schanne
Car: 93 Hatch-Sr20

My new S13 wire harness came in today and I will be installing this with my mechanic over the next couple nights. I have a J4 ECU w/Blk Top Type X, so we are changing some pins around too. I will document this for future reference with all the guides and pin outs that I have collected from fellow nico members.

So here's the J4 ecu and brand new wire harness Thats the pretty part! Now for the Thats obviously the old harness that my OLD mechanic put in. What do you guys think about this wire job?What I want to know is what the hell did he do? And what is this for?Other than thos questions, How do I change pin outs on the ecu harness? Some of the holes have no pin(metal) in it. Well I have a couple holes that I need metal in it for wire.

Here are the guides that I'm going by thanx to SpeedRacer and skylineking.com

duffman1278
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, the wildcats!

very nice! , should come in handy for many people sooner or later

bgsr240
Car: 90 240sx hatch sr20det redtop gt28rs-sold 89 240sx hatch S14 sr20det blacktop

WOW. Did you have to actually pay for that wiring job?

The easiest way to remove the pins from the ECU plug or any other plug is to find a small junk screw driver and grind it down to a slowly tapering point. Or I'm sure you can buy such a tool somewhere if you dont want to be all ghetto about it. Then on the topside of the ECU plug there are small covers that flip up to reveal the pins. Flip them up. Turn the plug over and look carefully at the small holes. You will see the small metal pin and a tiny piece of plastic that holds it in place. Use your "depining tool" to depress the small plastic clip while gently pulling on the wire. It should just pop out.You will understand better when you actually look at it and try it once.

schanne

WOW. Did you have to actually pay for that wiring job?Yup, my mechanic was very kind to take his time

Trying to open the ecu wire covers right now

Wires are being a *****! I don't see the plastic clip and can't get the wire out. What do I do without breaking this thing?
Modified by schanne at 2:34 PM 12/6/2007

schanne

Ok got the pin out!

bgsr240
Car: 90 240sx hatch sr20det redtop gt28rs-sold 89 240sx hatch S14 sr20det blacktop

Like I said you have to look really close and then you will see what I am talking about.

WhiteChukiS13
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 6MT

ok i'm not great at wiring but since i'm using the J4 harness with the E5 ecu which diagram do i use to utilize my J4 harness?

MrSoutherland
Car: S13 - Sr20

It's pretty easy to figure out. You need to do the opposite of the second diagram. Make sure those pins are the same as the e5 diagram. You will actually use both. If you can't figure that out, you probably shouldn't be doing the wiring.... Good Luck

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”