Download phone book with navigation system in A/C

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
jamkid44
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 Fully loaded

Ok so I've obviously used the bluetooth and everything in my car and want to download my phonebook from my cell phone into the car system. I have my phone connected to the car's bluetooth system and then when I hit download phonebook it disconnects my bluetooth connection from my cell to my car and a screen comes out saying when prompt for password enter 1234, but nothing happens. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to do something with my phone or what. Someone please help its annoying me. I was thinking my phone is a Verizon RAZR maybe its not capable of doing this, I dont know. Any help would be appreciated.

shift_mikey
Car: 2008 Altima 3.5SE Coupe w/CVT

Did you PAIR the car and the phone first? You should only need to enter the 1234 key once during the pair sequence, then you should be able to load phone book entries

jamkid44
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 Fully loaded

Yes the phone works fine and I use the bluetooth to talk to people through the car and hear them through my speakers. Thats not the issue. If you go to download phonebook in the bluetooth settings it disconnects my bluetooth connection from my car to my phone and then nothing happens and on the screen it says: Download phone book When prompted type 1234 and there is just a cancel button to push. Thats it and I cant figure out how to get my address book from my phone to the car

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

im having the same exact problem

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

It depends on the phone....I think, I couldn't download from my Moto W385 but I also have a Treo 700w it worked...sort of...only took the 1st number listed for each entry, that is to say is you had mobile 1st it put that in but a few I had work 1st so it put those in...its not all that great but it gets most of them..BTW, the Treo 700w (THis is my 4th one is aweful...i've had it for a while sick of it, got a "regular" W385 "free" if you will, waiting for new in 2 (Jan) and gonna try the Samsung ICH-760i....oh I am with Verizon...

Oh but the W385 work great with incoming....also I noticed the BT works quite a distance..I was out messing with the car had my phone in the kitchen charging about 100ft away or so and damn if it didn't connect and work perfectly..

compyelc4
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5

I have an LG VX5300 and I have decided, after 2 hours of trying to load my address book, that it can't be done with this combo. I did manage to easily load my addresses one at a time by following instructions in the owner's manual. Just can't make it load the whole thing in one fell swoop. I get the same crap you do when I try that.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

I have the same problem also and I'm using a treo 650 (work phone) What sucks is that you can't manually put in the contacts/phone numbers. HAs anyone out there has had ANY luck doing this?

notaverage
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE w/ tech pkg and VDC. Precision Grey

dangeris wrote:I have the same problem also and I'm using a treo 650 (work phone) What sucks is that you can't manually put in the contacts/phone numbers. HAs anyone out there has had ANY luck doing this?
You can put in phone numbers manually. It just takes longer...

Return to “Altima General Discussions”