Cool Satellite Antenna Location.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Urq
Car: 82 Ur Quattro & 07 Black Versa SL CVT.

If you don’t want to mount your satellite antenna on the outside of the car I found a great spot for mounting the satellite antenna in the Versa.I first removed the mystery panel on the dash then I drilled a 1 inch hole in the top of the panel and used black silicone to mount the antenna from under the panel. From the top all you see is just a 1 inch round hole that says Sirius and then fished the antenna wire down the back of the dash. So simple a caveman could do it!And yes I still get great reception with it mounted inside the car.

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Very clean install!!!! possibly a writeup in the near future? Also, could you take a zoomed out picture?

jfanaselle
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL, 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

That's really clean. I have an XM antenna that's a little larger. I've never seen a sirius antenna like that before... is it designed to be flush mounted on the outside of the vehicle? Do you happen to have a pic of the antenna uninstalled?

Urq

I will post up some more photos in the morning.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Is that the antenna that comes with the factory-wired satellite radio? I'm getting poor reception and Sirius told me to have the dealer relocate the antenna.

Related to that, where is the factory-installed antenna? Is it something I can relocate on my own without tearing anything apart?

Urq

This is the antenna that came with my Sirius system and it is the one I used for this install they call it the (Dot Micro S50 antenna) if you do not have this antenna you can buy one for about $30.00 and it will be a direct replacement for your Sirius antenna you currently have, as all the current models use the same style (SMB Connector). And if you look at the photo you see a round silver button mine is black not silver on top of the antenna that says Sirius on it. That is the only part that shows through the round hole I cut in that panel the rest is under the panel and it works fine with only that much showing.
srellim234 wrote:Is that the antenna that comes with the factory-wired satellite radio? I'm getting poor reception and Sirius told me to have the dealer relocate the antenna.

Related to that, where is the factory-installed antenna? Is it something I can relocate on my own without tearing anything apart?

BillyBeaneBall
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8SL CVT, Audio, Conv, Moonroof

Very cool and clean install...nice eye

vpnavy
Car: 2006 Maxima
2007 Versa

My ride didn't come with an alarm so I just put one of those "fake" flashing led (RadioShack) up there.

Modified by vpnavy at 7:39 AM 10/17/2007

matt_a

vpnavy wrote:My ride didn't come with an alarm so I just put one of those "fake" flashing led (RadioShack) up there.

LOL...that's a good idea. Does it flash all the time (even when you're driving), or only while parked?

vpnavy
2007 Versa

matt_a wrote:LOL...that's a good idea. Does it flash all the time (even when you're driving), or only while parked?
It flash's all the time.

I have one on my Frontier and the batteries last about 4 months. At night - it really looks like it is armed!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

vpnavy wrote:My ride didn't come with an alarm so I just put one of those "fake" flashing led (RadioShack) up there.

Well, if you have power windows/locks, your V does have a factory alarm. Though they're not anywhere near as fancy as aftermarket ones.

vpnavy
2007 Versa

Ever Victorious wrote:
Well, if you have power windows/locks, your V does have a factory alarm. Though they're not anywhere near as fancy as aftermarket ones.
Noppa - not on my Sedan. Yes, I got the little "car" flashing on the Instrument Panel but I ran the test. I left the driver's window open and locked the door with my remote. I unlocked the door (through the window) and opened it - my little Sedan just looked at me and said nothing.

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

Very clean.I've got the factory xm antenna which is built into the regular antenna but have not had the time to install it to see how it works. The difference between the two is the base is a little longer I would guess for the xm antenna AND I think it will work for Sirius too.

Ever Victorious

vpnavy wrote:
Noppa - not on my Sedan. Yes, I got the little "car" flashing on the Instrument Panel but I ran the test. I left the driver's window open and locked the door with my remote. I unlocked the door (through the window) and opened it - my little Sedan just looked at me and said nothing.
It has one.

Mine didn't go off when my car was broken into.

It went off 36 hours later.

But dammit, it has one.

jfanaselle

versaspeed.com wrote:Very clean.I've got the factory xm antenna which is built into the regular antenna but have not had the time to install it to see how it works. The difference between the two is the base is a little longer I would guess for the xm antenna AND I think it will work for Sirius too.
Hey bob... does the satellite antenna simply replace the factory one? If I have an SL, is the wiring in place, or do I have to have the convience package? I have an aftermarket XM antenna sitting on the roof near the hatch but would love to install the factory one and ditch mine.

Ever Victorious

You can only wire in a Nissan OEM satellite system if you have the convenience package.

Last I heard from Metra, they are working on a cable that will allow you to plug in ANY aftermarket XM unit to ANY SL stereo and control it from the head unit. I'm waiting for this because it turns out the thieves did NOT steal my XM tuner or XM antenna, so all I need is an interface to the HU and I have satellite again.

jfanaselle

I was actually trying to use the factory XM antenna with an aftermarket setup. I currently have an aftermarket XM antenna outside of the car that I'm trying to get rid of because I'm already tired of looking at it. If I understand correctly, the factory XM antenna is located inside the factory FM antenna on the roof, it's just a larger base. I wanted to put one of those in place, but I didn't know if my car had the wiring in place to utilize it or not. And if the wiring is in place, I'll need to know where they come out inside the car (behind the stereo I assume?) so I can tap into them and solder the standard XM connector on them.

Return to “Versa General Chat”