Article: Head Rfemoval s14 sr20det, soon to be followed by ARP Stud install.

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
chicos240
Car: 1995 240 SX

Please tell me what you think.

soka

Im a totaly noob when it comes to working on cars but i think this looks nice.

Very detailed which helps someone like me understand whats going on. I really like the combination of the camera pics and the technical drawings.

As far as suggestions I only wish i could click on the pictures to see them higher res and at some point you should replace the crankshaft hashmark pic with one that shows the correct position. Because everthing else is so throurogh that confused me.

Oh, also it would be nice to know why you are taking off the head and putting on the new studs. heh again im ignorant so i dont know what thats for.

Good stuff man!

heh, next maybe do a write up for a 2-way LSD install! hmm or maybe an oil cooler.

Looking forward to part 2!

Stephen

ILikeMy240sx
Car: SR Power

I dont think installing ARPs is something that requires a write up. Its a simple stud that you install then tighten factory sequence but in 20 ft lb increments up to 75~80 ft lb.

chicos240
Car: 1995 240 SX

You know, I thought the same thing. Until I encountered them, stuff thats simple to grasp once is explained to you is easier done in a write up. Because the little yellow piece of paper leaves a lot of questions.things like, molly or oil/torque?/do i really loosen and then retorque?/whats the final torque?

doridori23
Car: 1996 SR20deT 240sx (mine) , 1998 KA24de (wife's)

I think it is a good write up and the fact that you went the extra mile with an attempt to go OEM with the table/grid is very nice. Keep it up as there will always be people with silly questions and I hate holding their hand on the phone walking them through an install when i should be doing it and making money.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”