insurance ques.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
j2theflo

i was wondering if someone who is 18 and lives in the new york area. could tell me how much they pay for their car insurance and through who. thanx. mine is estimated to come out to 1,375 for six months.

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

j2theflo wrote:i was wondering if someone who is 18 and lives in the new york area. could tell me how much they pay for their car insurance and through who. thanx. mine is estimated to come out to 1,375 for six months.
That isn't bad for the versa. When I got my civic I was paying about the same.

Which carrier are you getting the price from? If you haven't given Geico a call give them a shout.

Also your insurance will go down once you have three years clean driving.

proxim2020

Agreed, that sounds about right. I was paying 180/mo at the same point for my junker. A new car will be in the range where you are now. Check with Nationwide, you may be pleasantly surprised.

starlight0229
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL, Blue Onyx, Charcoal, CVT, Convenience Package, Sirius, Audio Package, Sunroof

That quote makes me glad that I live where I do, granted I'm 21, but I'm only paying 500 something every six months, and for liability only on my 88 I only paying 285 every six months at the highest...

j2theflo

the quote i got was from e-surance . gieco was ridiculous and was like 2,000+. and fyi i am just using this as a factor on which car i am going to buy. mazda 3 was about 1500 and gieco was about 2300.

StanBo
Car: 93 Miata - 10 Tacoma

j2theflo wrote:the quote i got was from e-surance . gieco was ridiculous and was like 2,000+. and fyi i am just using this as a factor on which car i am going to buy. mazda 3 was about 1500 and gieco was about 2300.
I totally understand. I am searching for a new car as well and ran a quote thru Geico. They are my current insurance company and with the fourth car on my insurance it would go up $129.37 a month or $776.20 for 6 months.

I am also 31, with house, kids, wife and 3 other cars on the insurance.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

o.O I'm surprised to see what people are paying mostly because each state is different. For example, in Kentucky you only have to carry liability and all insurance plans cover windshield replacement. (so if you see a vehicle go with a cracked windshield for more than a week, they likely don't have insurance)

I have State Farm (wouldn't trade them where I live because the service station in town bills them directly for tows, roadside, etc) and I've been with State Farm all my driving life (I'm about to turn 24 in a few months) and I pay $96/mo for my Versa (up from $77/mo for my 'Kik) and that's with the discount since I get my renters with them as well...

My coverage is 100/300/100 with comp and collision with a $250 deductible... Once I get my savings started I'm going to up the deductible to $500. I also have un/underinsured and roadside, tow, etc. (I'd pay nearly half of what I do if I dropped to Ky's limit - plus the ignition kill and six airbags give me discounts)

The coverage package is a huge factor in how much you pay for insurance (I'm not sure what New York's minimum is) but it may be helpful to not only list the price paid, but the limit insured...

GoodbyeCavalier
Car: Versa 2007

Im 23 a few speeding tickets

Allstate ~ 1400 for six months

Nationwide ~ 806 for six months

Im in the Baltimore/Washington Corridor. about 22 miles to work. I drive through Annapolis everyday, granted probably not as bad as New York but I beleive the last traffic ratings had my area in the worst 5 for driving. So should be close.

j2theflo

yea im thinkin of a change of strategy and just put it under my moms name. jus did the math today in my c.i.s. class and realized that i wouldn't be able to afford all that in the long run and do investments that i wanted to do. and i hate to say it but the guys at nissan are a$$e$. refuse to really get what i want . so i might go with mazda just because they want to get what i want and just in general friendlier than nissan. but still a huge fan of the versa. .

Return to “Versa General Chat”