Project Jspec603: 56k non compliant

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
jspec603
Car: 92 verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

How's it going all! I've finally decided to start my project. I'm starting off with a 92 vert that I picked up for $2900. Funny lil thing about the guy who I bought it from, told me the thing was mint...no problems...him and his wife take it out ever Sunday for a drive and the reason they were selling it was to make room in the garage for her new seabring vert...eww. Well, 2 weeks later and only the second time driving it, it blew the head gasket! So it then sat in my yard all summer and winter. It's now been about 8 months and time to revive it! It was super nice out the other day so it encouraged me to start my project. I have a ton of parts that I've collected over the last few years and I'm gonna put them to good use. I had a fully built piggy before which had some frame rot and would no longer pass inspection. So I have taken that car apart and will put the pieces to good use. Here are some pics of the vert in the first few stages. This will end up being a slow build, so stay posted! Sorry some of the pics are crappy, my garage is dark so I tried to lighten the pics with PS.After a little work taking things apart...

Modified by jspec603 at 4:37 PM 3/15/2007

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Looks good. Hope the fixes go well. What kind of mods are you planning on?

And put up some interior shots sometime

jspec603

Well....Since you asked! All kinds of mods! hahaha To start, I already own; Version Select III kit with front 20mm and rear 50mm fenders, Tein Super Drifts, Blitz FMIC, Blitz DP, Turbo Fab top mount mani, Greddy oil cooler and relocater, SR20DET (which is going to be getting fully built), RHD conversion parts, S13 dual halogans, amber/clear bumper lights, and a bunch of other stuff that I'll have to take pcs of as I install them into the car!

jspec603

I found the pics of my RHD clip!

And after I took the fire wall out!

bt2s14
Car: 96 s14 VG30E swap on the way

Awesome, sounds like you have quite the plan for this thing. +1 for the RHD

conversion. Keep us updated

OpeLok

the RHD conversion can be fun! good luck.

gravetolife91
Car: 89 ca18det 240sx, 01 Jetta VR6

How hard has it been to pull out the firewall on the half cut?

jspec603

gravetolife91 wrote:How hard has it been to pull out the firewall on the half cut?

Not very hard at all. I used a sawzall and cut the clip into a smaller section. Basically just the fire wall... Then I went to Robbins Auto parts and grabbed a spot weld cutter...basically a mini hole saw that has a spring loaded center point in the middle. Cut out all the spot welds and took it all apart. I'll be doing the same once I get the car ready. Once it's all out, just line in up perfectly and start tack welding! I cant wait! BTW, Props to Jarco...That's who I got the clip from...really nice guys over there. As I stated before, it's gonna be a slow build...thanks to mother nature I am back to waiting for warm weather again. Only in New England can it be 75* and then 10" of snow in the same week....

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Boo Mother Nature!!! Bring on the warmth of Spring!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on your project! keep up the good work!

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Looks like an awesome project! I'm a big fan of the s13 verts. You going to leave it white?

jspec603

nsrZ32 wrote:Looks like an awesome project! I'm a big fan of the s13 verts. You going to leave it white?
I dont know yet....I have decided to do the engine bay semi gloss grey...I like the look of it alot. I dont want to match it with the body, nor do I want to paint it black...don't like the look. As far as the body color, it is undecided. I was thinking maybe white, then I saw the netural colors on the new nissans. I was thinking maybe along the lines of the 'desert stone' from the frontier.

gravetolife91

jspec603 wrote:

BTW, Props to Jarco...That's who I got the clip from...really nice guys over there.
Yah I love Jarco! Very fast and relieable company.

Hmm..I have had a clip in my side yard for close to a year debating on whether or not to do it...Have you started on the firewall of the car? I think thats where the hard parts are gonna be.

jspec603

No I have not started cutting at the car yet. Those pics at the top are most recent...about 2 weeks ago. We had a warm spell...75*. I got super motivated and started taking her apart...then it snowed 10" and got cold again 4 days later...As it warms back up I will be doing more to the car and taking many more pics. I cant imagine that taking the firewall out of the car will be much harder than taking it out of the clip. Putting it back in may prove to be a different story! We shall see though.

GoinTopless240
Car: 1993 Nissan Sil40 Vert & 2008 VW GTI & 2010 Infinity EX35 bought in 2019 (15,000) miles

[QUOTE=gravetolife91]

Yah I love Jarco! Very fast and relieable company.

QUOTE]

Love Jarco too. http://www.jarcoinc.com/I had the opportunity to visit their shop... very nice bunch.. got to go for a ride in their track car.. 240 hatch w/r32 front end and rb20det engine.. did a little drifting at the cul-de-sac near the shop... well run outfit... they ran out of clips when I was looking for mine, but will do more business with them soon..

gravetolife91

[QUOTE=GoinTopless240I had the opportunity to visit their shop... very nice bunch.. got to go for a ride in their track car.. 240 hatch w/r32 front end and rb20det engine.. did a little drifting at the cul-de-sac near the shop... well run outfit... they ran out of clips when I was looking for mine, but will do more business with them soon..[/QUOTE]

you got to ride in that too, that thing is pretty nuts... He blew a tire when I rode in it.

jspec603

Ok...a small update on my project. I have not been able to work on this car much this summer due to my job! I've been putting in lots of hrs. Between that and the GF the car sometimes comes second. However, in the event that I just sold my coupe a week ago, I now am stuck driving my DD subie wagon. Not a very satisfying ride. So once again I have starting working more on this project. Plans have changed a little. The RHD may or may not happen...I need to look into the legality of it. Also, I've decided to go for a more OEM/JDM look. I've seen so many different looks on this forum in the last few months and cannot help seeing other things that catch my eyes. Anyways, I left off this on this thread at the point where I was ready to pull the motor. This has finally been done. Thanks to DJButton, I was able to get a folding hoist to bring to the house! 'High five, very nice!' On to a few new pics...

A new lawn ornament! She needs a little TLC with some minor rust. Surface only, no worries!My essssr that should push 400rwhp ish when it's done.And the car I fell in love with that cause me to change my mind from Bling Bling wide-body/Huge lipped wheels to Mild OEM/JDM concept. 90DGRZ, hope you don't mind bro. Your car is the ish and I'd like to clone it into a vert! I'll be using my Hanabi's off of my coupe, along with the Tein SD suspension. I'm really hoping to get this things on the road for at least one group drive before winter!

DirftKing102
Car: Nissan 240sx 1993 convertable

Sweet!! RHD conversion should take awhile for ya but im sure you will get it done. Post more pics as soon as possible. I love looking at the pictures.

kc240guy
Car: gold s13 and a maxima

I was thinking about doing mine like that too, but I'll leave it black. If oyu do that you should consider swapping to the tan interior and get a tan top for it.

jspec603

That would deff be a different look. I've seen the tan tops before, but was unware that the vert came with that interior option...thought that they were all black????

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

as far as i know, the verts never had the tan/brown interior...

i know coupes did and i'd say 90% of the interiors will swap easily and 5% with some work and the last 5% might not. the door panels will swap if you do the pillar removal or just swap the doors; the carpet and rear seat will probably need modification; and the rear panels probably won't work - they'll need to be customized somehow. as far as i can think everything else would be a direct swap. i'm a fan of the tan/brown interior and considered doing this with the tan top... but i'm going in a different direction.

i'd love to see this done though. good luck getting tan/brown rhd stuff though... you could always use vinyl paint...

jspec603

yeah...I dunno about doing the tan/brown tho. I do like it in some cars...older euro cars. I just don't think it'd be the right look for this. we'll see tho.

jspec603

Well, here's to pulling old threads out of the grave! I finally, yes FINALLY was able to get my vert out of my tiny garage and up to our shop. I've been workin my butt off here and there between work, life and the GF. But here are a few updated pics. Sorry for the camera phone shots, was all I had on me at the time.

Me and my room mate pushed it up on the trailer. Went smoothly all things considered.

Here we are fresh off the trailer and into the shop!

I sand blasted the engine bay with play sand from home depot. Primed and painted with Krylon. Four coats and it looks pretty mint!

I had our in-house powder coater guy do my valve cover and greddy mani. Looks really cool in person.

And today I installed my Tein Super Drifts and Hanabi's. Also, what you can't see from the pic is that I put on my 300zx calipers and re-drilled rotors.

For those of you who remember, I was going to do the RHD swap. I opted not to do this swap at this point in time. The weather is way to nice out to be without a fun car to drive. I still have all the parts, and our winters are long indeed here in NH. So needless to say, it is still a very real possibility.

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

Freakin sick, coming along quite nice now!

xrider252
Car: 98 kouki

**** hot!!!!!!! damn, ur the fourth person i know near me with a vert. o well at least it just four of us. cant wait to see that thing in person

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

xrider252 wrote:**** hot!!!!!!! damn, ur the fourth person i know near me with a vert. o well at least it just four of us. cant wait to see that thing in person
Well you'll have to come on up to our NE drives and meets this summer in NH. Should be going on a good drive in a few weekends!

xrider252

sounds good i just need to swap a motor in my vert

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

Nice work! keep it up ^^ Did you have to do any cutting to get the super drift coil-overs into the rear end of the vert? I want to use the same set with the edfc in my car and wasnt sure how much extra cutting was involved. and hey if that JDM climate control panel doesn't find a home in your car, I could def use the face plate and any of the sensors you got with your clip. I dont want to be stuck with teh busted @$$ slider controlls, so I understand if you dont either but I will def snatch them up from you if they are ever for sale.

wmdavis007
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L

Wow! Making alot of progress. Looking really nice! Keep the pics coming!

xrider252

QUOTE=BigMACKenzie]Nice work! keep it up ^^ Did you have to do any cutting to get the super drift coil-overs into the rear end of the vert? I want to use the same set with the edfc in my car and wasnt sure how much extra cutting was involved. and hey if that JDM climate control panel doesn't find a home in your car, I could def use the face plate and any of the sensors you got with your clip. I dont want to be stuck with teh busted @$$ slider controlls, so I understand if you dont either but I will def snatch them up from you if they are ever for sale.[/QUOTE]i might be sellin all my sensor if u want, ill let u know, if u want

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

sensors for sale, yarp! lol yeah that would be sweet. just send me an email as soon as you want to get rid of them Xrider252.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”