O-ring causing no oil pressure

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
DammitBobby
Car: S13 91 KA24DET

Rebuilt my engine and installed it last week missing this o-ring. Something very simple to over look. I test cranked the engine with the turbo oil pressure line disconnected and aimed at my windshield. I also did not have the fuse in place for the fuel pump. I only wanted to prime the turbo oil pressure line so that I can make sure it was pumping oil before installing the turbo. I test cranked it 2 times for around 10 or 15 seconds. I quite trying to crank it after seeing no oil in turbo oil pressure line. After posting question this week somebody mentioned o-ring in the lower timing cover. I knew I did not install it so I gave Ivan a call at AMS. Ivan was very helpful and explained what the part looked like and said it should have been in the rebuilt kit. Well I couldn`t find it and I figured I lost it while opening up the box. So I picked one up at the Nissan dealer here is what it looks like and where it goes. I thought I would post this to prevent anybody else from missing this part when assembling your rebuilt engine. It might be another thing to look at when replacing your timing chain kit. That part has silicone that seals between the block and the timing chain cover. I would replace it everytime you remove the lower timing chain cover. That silicone could easily get torn or hard and brittle.

NISSAN PART - SEAL-O RING 15066-5E510 $5.85This appears to be the same part number for all the KA24DE`s.

I will edit the document with the Nissan part number after I finish this job.
Modified by DammitBobby at 1:30 PM 8/17/2006

j-z
Car: 95 240sx

exactly as i described in your last post right? i got one in my rebuild kit that i got from AMS. atleast you figured out what the problem was though.

DammitBobby

Yep thanks for your help. I am having fun getting it back together. Allready cut myself twice:) I am trying to leave the oil pickup on the front cover laying the oil pan in place so I don`t have to fool with the 2 bolts for the oil pickup and gasket. I hope I can get it done in the next few hours. Very humid outside!

j-z
Car: 95 240sx

you dont have to tell me anything about humidity. yeah the shaved down parts of cast on the block and timing covers will slice you right open without knowing it. take your time and dont rush it. itll all come together eventually.

DammitBobby

I got it back together and did a test crank. It tried to start but it would not. I pulled the dizzy and moved it one tooth advanced and she fired up. Took about 30 seconds for it to shoot oil out of the turbo pressure line. I couldn`t get it to come out just using the starter.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”