Rear Window Driver's Side Came off its Tracks, Need Advice to Repair Please

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Minneapolis_Man
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX

I've got a 1993 convertible and the driver's side rear electric window has come off the tracking. I removed the window but I am not sure about the repairs and the approach. The plastic fittings which slide in the tracks have cracked. I tried to find the parts at Nissan but a nationwide search came up with nothing. It appears the plastic fittings are rivited onto a metal plate that can be removed from the window. It is that metal plate with plastic fittings that I am looking for. I thought about glueing the plastic pieces back together but roommate tossed them out by accident. Also, what is the approach for the repair? Do I remove the back seat and go in that way. I really need some advice on fixing this. Thanks in advance!

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Been there, done that. This is what I did to my car. It works like a charm. For other 2 plastic pieces, go to this link.

zerothread/189729

Yes, you have to remove rear seats, interior panel to take the assembly out and fix it. Feel free to ask any questions.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Woot!

Nice job with the quick helpful reply 94_240sx!

Hey MplsMan... Welcome to NICO and 240sxconvertible.com! Great to have more midwesterners on board! First rule of the 'vert forum.... Show us pictures of your car!

If you have any more questions or comments, please feel free to ask away!

Minneapolis_Man

Thanks for the welcome and here is a night time shot of the car. Thanks much!

Minneapolis_Man

Sweet. And genius! Sounds like a bit of a job but damn well worth it once that window rolls up and down again. Thanks and I will let you know how it goes.

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

94_240sx wrote:Been there, done that. This is what I did to my car. It works like a charm. For other 2 plastic pieces, go to this link.

zerothread/189729

Yes, you have to remove rear seats, interior panel to take the assembly out and fix it. Feel free to ask any questions.
How'd you make that little bracket hold the guide? For the life of me I can't seem to get any L-bracket sitting perfectly there & have it stuck to the original guide.

THANKS

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”