interior for the vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
donmeca2020
Car: 2005 lancer evolution and 1993 240sx convertible

im wondering can interior from s14 and 15 fit in the vert? because my interior needs to be redone. im talking about door panels,seats, the whole nine yards. welll maybe for except the carpet it seems to be the only piece in there thats in good shape. i mean even the dash it messed up. thanks for any info guys.

madcowvert

as far as dash and the panels you can only use s13 panles but the seats you can put s13 14 and 15 and also skyline seats..

top_secret

the S15 and skyline seats aren't bolt in though they both need modified I believe. I know the skyline seats do. The dash from an S14 will fit with a bit of work, there was a thread on zilvia about it a while ago. Some interesting pics popped up. hitman put in the rear seats. but door panels and rear panels I think you are pretty much stuck with the stockers but you can always rewrap them.

madcowvert

i dont want to open a can of worms! but what the hell!! im sure that your talking about the driver and passanger side door panels my panals are gone so i think im just going to go regular s13 door's but that's my opion not everyone will do it because there is a possible issue about lossing rigidness to the vert.

top_secret

you lost me on that last one... open a can of worms? what the hell?

???????????????

door panels= pass and driver side door panels. 240's don't have any other doors...

donmeca2020

l[QUOTE=madcowvert]i dont want to open a can of worms! but what the hell!! im sure that your talking about the driver and passanger side door panels my panals are gone so i think im just going to go regular s13 door's but that's my opion not everyone will do it because there is a possible issue about lossing rigidness to the vert.[/QUOTE

Lose rigidness? its a convertable completely stock as of now. yea i need some new interior though. i went to the U-PULL-IT today every 240 in there had tan interior i was like WTF. i found one bright orange vert didnt look so bad if it wasnt totaled but couldnt find any interior pieces.

madcowvert

top_secret wrote:you lost me on that last one... open a can of worms? what the hell?

???????????????

door panels= pass and driver side door panels. 240's don't have any other doors...

you are number one on the list of people i dont like today... lol

madcowvert

donmeca2020 wrote:l
madcowvert wrote:i dont want to open a can of worms! but what the hell!! im sure that your talking about the driver and passanger side door panels my panals are gone so i think im just going to go regular s13 door's but that's my opion not everyone will do it because there is a possible issue about lossing rigidness to the vert.[/QUOTE

Lose rigidness? its a convertable completely stock as of now. yea i need some new interior though. i went to the U-PULL-IT today every 240 in there had tan interior i was like WTF. i found one bright orange vert didnt look so bad if it wasnt totaled but couldnt find any interior pieces.
well if your keeping it stock change the doors and call it a day it will save you from serching for a good condition vert...

top_secret

that may be, but I still have no idea what you were trying to say....

donmeca2020

top_secret wrote:that may be, but I still have no idea what you were trying to say....
+ 1

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Alright, let's spend a minute translating and clearing up some miscommunication.

First a reply to the original question....
donmeca2020 wrote:im wondering can interior from s14 and 15 fit in the vert? because my interior needs to be redone. im talking about door panels,seats, the whole nine yards. welll maybe for except the carpet it seems to be the only piece in there thats in good shape. i mean even the dash it messed up. thanks for any info guys.
First off... A general rule of thumb is that - with enough money spent, anything can be made to work. But, for our purposes, when I say it will or will not fit - I mean that it is either a direct swap or not a direct swap. If it's a grey area, I will mention what I am aware of.

Dash-The S14 and S15 are wider cars than the S13. So items that transverse the interior will not fit directly... ie.. The dash. The 'vert and the coupes/fastbacks have the same dash.. so any S13 dash will work for you. * note - It may be possible with modification to fit an S14 dash as per Top_Secret. But, that seems like it would be a pretty involved process. It's certainly not a direct swap. Along with the dash comes many other issues like kick panels, center consoles, steering columns, etc...

Int. Door panels.The shape of the car also changed, so the doors from a S14 or S15 will not fit on an S13. That means the interior door panels from S14 or S15 also will not fit. The convertible doors are also different than the S13 coupe/fastback doors as well. This means that the door panels are different. *Note - There are two ways that I know of to put cp/fb door panels on a 'vert. 1.) Swap the entire door from a cp/fb. 2.) See AZHitman's thread about cutting the bracing and piller out of the 'vert door to return it to the cp/fb shape so that cp/fb panels can be used again. The coupe/fastback panels are much better than 'vert panels. They are much better built - they don't fall apart. This would be a recommended upgrade.

Seats - FrontS14 seats bolt in directly to the S13. They are fantastic upgrade to the interior. They are more comfortable and much better looking. Skyline and S15 seats are also usable... 3 of the 4 bolts match and you can modify that fourth to make it work.

Seats - RearThe rear seats technically don't fit because they are too wide... but - *note - AZHitman was able to modify his rear seat after MANY hours of work. So you may ask him for advice if you want to try that.

Carpet The 'vert carpet is the same as the S13 coupe/fastback carpet. It not interchangable with S14 or S15 without modification. But, you can pretty cheaply get a new S13 carpet that will look just fine! No need to upgrade.

Steering WheelThe S14 and S15 wheels should be compatible, but I'm no expert on electrical... I've seen some very sharp S15 steering wheels on S13's before though.

Center consoleMatches to the dash - so I doubt you could swap in a S14 or S15 center console without some major modification.

Rear side panelsToo my knowledge Autech had to custom design these to fit the S13 'vert shape and vert top. The tops of them go over the top side of the car right behind the door piller. So these will not be interchangable with any other vehicle.

Anything else??? I think I've covered the entire interior...

Now... to clear up any miscommunication we've been seeing here...

Madcow's response stated that you could use regular S13 door panels. But he didn't clarify that you have to either modify the door itself or swap to a coupe/fastback door to use those panels.

Top_Secret's reply basically said that there is no direct swap door panel for the 'vert, but you could redo the apholstery.

Madcow's response that noone seems to understand is saying that since he has no panels at all to start with, he might as well just get the entire coupe/fastback door. But, he brings up a good point... there is some arguement over the possible loss of rigidity from swapping doors since you loose some of the extra bracing and the second attachment point (at the piller).

To clarify... I wouldn't use the word rigid to describe the loss. I would estimate that swapping the doors may sacrifice a little bit in the safety area. But rigidity implies frame strength as it relates to performance and handling. In that case, swapping doors wouldn't negatively effect performance. In fact, since they are lighter, it should help a bit.

Just my $.02

madcowvert

thank you i know that i wasent too crazy lol but to tell you the truth i dont think the car dosent loss and performance at all

donmeca2020

thanks for clarifying that, but i think i will keep the factory doors, i will try changin the panels from either a coupe or fastback. but as of now im still searching for these parts. i recently got a price back from a company that had 2 pairs of s15 seats. they quoted me $750. i think thats a lil steep. what do you all think on that price. i have a feeling i can find them for a better price.

madcowvert

well yes and no i would depend on which s15 seats..

donmeca2020

orange suede looking material with the lighting blot S and silvia emboirdered on it.

top_secret

$750 I'd pass thats GTR territory and they are nicer. OR ... you could get some really nice aftermarket seats for that price.

afracer
Car: 92 240sx convertible, 72 Datsun, 69 Buick

S15 seats bolt directly in, all bolts line up. I bought a pair 2 years ago and I have had them in my S13/180SX and my 240SX convertible. The only thing you'll need to do is swap out the receiver end of the seatbelt with the one from your S13. Other than that it's totally straightforward and WAY better than stock S13 seats as long as you're not overweight (side bolsters will kill you otherwise), they're definitely meant for thinner people. The only problem you'll run into is that you can't recline the seat ALL the way back because they are slightly wider than stock...but you can get it about 3/4 of the way down.

This is the best picture I have of the S15 seats in my S13 convertible.

Can't really see them too well in this picture but oh well....

top_secret

wow they look so funny with full interior. seeing that pic brings back memories.... of me ripping everything out.lol.

donmeca2020

i found some nice looking seats brand new for a good price. im thinkin of hopping on them. really not a brand name they just look clean and for the price of 2 of them i can probably buy 1 of the cheaper sparcos. lol so im looking into this as we speak.

top_secret

you'll probably have to make brackets, the stock seats sit so low that none of the brackets the seat companies sell fit our cars right.

SideWayElevation
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx

ONLY PANELS FROM A S13 WILL FIT THE VERTS. THATS WHAT I GOT IN MINE.

donmeca2020

yeap, still on the look out for everything. havent gotten anything yet for it. still looking

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”